Clogged Metal VG Bat

SD_haze

My friend's aluminum vaporgenie bat's black heating thing is clogged with soot, from what i presume was overheating.

Anyone know a way to remove it and clean it so we dont have to buy a new one?
:peace:

SD_haze,

SD_haze

Spacenstein said:
Torch it.

Without the filter still inside?

The other pipes u can remove the ceramic filter but the metal it seems stuck in there.

(PS they have a bunch of writing on their website but none of it works with the metal bat ><)

SD_haze,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
SD_haze said:
Spacenstein said:
Torch it.

The other pipes u can remove the ceramic filter but the metal it seems stuck in there.

(PS they have a bunch of writing on their website but none of it works with the metal bat ><)
The only vaporgenies with removeable filters are the glass one and the new coil pipe. And yeah, separate the two halves, pick up the flame filter part with some plyers or something like that so you don't burn yourself, put the flame hole up to a vacuum tube, and yes, torch it till it's red hot. That should remove the soot from the filter. Sound like someone is applying way too much flame, if you're using proper tecnique, your filter should never get clogged. Back off with that flame a bit from now on and I bet this won't happen again. It should taste alot better too.

Albert Hofmann,

Spacenstein

I donno how bad it's clogged. I would go with an iso wash over night, then use a torch lighter to hit it empty a few times. Soot clogs usually go away just over time, but thats with good cleaning care of the rest of the unit. (So, iso wash + take a few blank hits using a torch)

Spacenstein,

SD_haze

Albert Hofmann said:
SD_haze said:
Spacenstein said:
Torch it.

The only vaporgenies with removeable filters are the glass one and the new coil pipe. And yeah, separate the two halves, pick up the flame filter part with some plyers or something like that so you don't burn yourself, put the flame hole up to a vacuum tube, and yes, torch it till it's red hot. That should remove the soot from the filter. Sound like someone is applying way too much flame, if you're using proper tecnique, your filter should never get clogged. Back off with that flame a bit from now on and I bet this won't happen again. It should taste alot better too.

Yeah he bought it without ever looking at the userguide for the flame placement.

Thanks for the last two posts will try an isowash then torch the hell out of it

SD_haze,
Top Bottom