• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol...water wash after?

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Yes, I always pre and post rinse with hot hot water.
I have heard that ever clear and vodka work for cleaning and hash production, though I haven't tried it yet.

jackmormon

The only non alcohol based cleaners that I have had any luck with are d-limonene based ones. (It is extracted from citrus fruits and some brands advertise as 100% organic.)

greatfulbuys sells it in bulk or you can find it on Amazon or a few brands at the hardware store. I have a suspicion that d-limonene is a part of the mysterious Grunge Off formula. Except it works better, IME.

jackmormon,

Nycdeisel

Im sure D-limonene is part of GO and those other citrus cleaners.

D-limonene IS toxic and should be avoided, even natural occuring substances can be toxic as we know.

claiming a cleaning product as 100% organic while containing that chemical doesnt seem right, but it could just be another one of those legal loopholes...

I was looking for natural solvents/degreasers and came across this shit called Citra-Solv, which is just as bad as GO. so screw that stuff. Im going to try getting some pure organic grain or grape alcohol and test that out.

Nycdeisel,

jahi

http://globalcannabismarch.com/WE_CAN_DO_THIS_.htm
I read this in vibrance mag online & although it may support Nycdeisel d-limonene toxic idea, herb may contain d-limonene so its hard not to wuv it for the flavor or if it may play any role in other health properties of medical cannabis (antiseptic, healing, body/mind spirit?♥☼) http://www.epaperflip.com/aglaia/viewer.aspx?docid=ac4155d5cf714d2fa0212bb1fa2edeb0 page 75 bottom right so it may be Beware of Limonene, the toxic chemical in orange rinds Limonene is a naturally ocurring toxin in the essential oils of the rinds of all citrus fruits, as well as some other plants. this chemical gives citrus fruits their familiar aroma and helps protect them from insect predators. it is commercially used in many ways improve our lifestyles; however exposure to this toxin must be avoided in all cases.​
Many studies on laboratory animals have identified limonene as a carcinogen. Investigations on human subjects have shown the chemical to cause mechanical damage, irritation & other allergenic reactions. Citrus fruit oils are commonly used as fragrance in household products, cosmetics & perfumes. It is even used in some medicines. Citrus oil containing limonene is used as an oil and grease solvent in some household & industrial cleaning products. Due to its combustible nature, limonene has also had limited use as an experimental biofuel. Grated orange peel, or zest is a strong flavorant preferred by many uninformed chefs-a better choice is the inner fruit flesh. Those who juice oranges using a citrus press need to be aware that too much pressure on the rind will release limonene Dr T C fry wrote: "Ordinary commercial orange juice contains a carcinogen! Because the whole orange is squeezed, the toxic limonene (a volatile & flammable oil) from the skin is in the juice. The same goes for lemon & grapefruit juices. Refer to the Office of Toxicological Sciences of the Food & drug administration(FDA). The limonene found in orange oil serves as a natural insect repellent & is used in some mosquito sprays & lotions. A safer solution is to wear extra protective clothing & shun chemical preparations. For termites & other insects, limonene is deadly on contact. For this reason, orange oil has become a new popular termite exterminant. Although it is biodegradable & touted as a natural & safe insecticide, its vapors are unsafe for both humans & animals. If it is used, residents should be instructed to vacate their homes until the vapors have completely off-gassed. Except for the occasional whiff of citrus fruit aroma, it is best to avoid exposure to limonene, especially for those of us with asthma & environmental sensitivity.♥ i'm sorry i can't seem to figure this out, having trouble with paragraphs writing this out plz forgive me, it may be more ez to read it from the vibrance mag epaperflip:(

SD_haze

I read this in vibrance mag online & although it may support Nycdeisel d-limonene toxic idea, herb may contain d-limonene so its hard not to wuv it for the flavor or if it may play any role in other health properties of medical cannabis (antiseptic, healing, body/mind spirit?♥☼) http://www.epaperflip.com/aglaia/viewer.aspx?docid=ac4155d5cf714d2fa0212bb1fa2edeb0 page 75 bottom right so it may be Beware of Limonene, the toxic chemical in orange rinds Limonene is a naturally ocurring toxin in the essential oils of the rinds of all citrus fruits, as well as some other plants. this chemical gives citrus fruits their familiar aroma and helps protect them from insect predators. it is commercially used in many ways improve our lifestyles; however exposure to this toxin must be avoided in all cases.​
Many studies on laboratory animals have identified limonene as a carcinogen. Investigations on human subjects have shown the chemical to cause mechanical damage, irritation & other allergenic reactions. Citrus fruit oils are commonly used as fragrance in household products, cosmetics & perfumes. It is even used in some medicines. Citrus oil containing limonene is used as an oil and grease solvent in some household & industrial cleaning products. Due to its combustible nature, limonene has also had limited use as an experimental biofuel. Grated orange peel, or zest is a strong flavorant preferred by many uninformed chefs-a better choice is the inner fruit flesh. Those who juice oranges using a citrus press need to be aware that too much pressure on the rind will release limonene Dr T C fry wrote: "Ordinary commercial orange juice contains a carcinogen! Because the whole orange is squeezed, the toxic limonene (a volatile & flammable oil) from the skin is in the juice. The same goes for lemon & grapefruit juices. Refer to the Office of Toxicological Sciences of the Food & drug administration(FDA). The limonene found in orange oil serves as a natural insect repellent & is used in some mosquito sprays & lotions. A safer solution is to wear extra protective clothing & shun chemical preparations. For termites & other insects, limonene is deadly on contact. For this reason, orange oil has become a new popular termite exterminant. Although it is biodegradable & touted as a natural & safe insecticide, its vapors are unsafe for both humans & animals. If it is used, residents should be instructed to vacate their homes until the vapors have completely off-gassed. Except for the occasional whiff of citrus fruit aroma, it is best to avoid exposure to limonene, especially for those of us with asthma & environmental sensitivity.♥ i'm sorry i can't seem to figure this out, having trouble with paragraphs writing this out plz forgive me, it may be more ez to read it from the vibrance mag epaperflip:(

This is why i don't understand why the PureGold hash oil people spend all this effort to make an ultra-clean pure concentrate, then add 5% d-limonene by weight that we're supposed to heat up and inhale :mental:

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

^
:shrug:

Is there a joke there? or am I just being super slow tonight?

edit: nevermind its just me...
I got you. could just be another cleaner

Nycdeisel,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Yeah i always rinse after a iso wash cause the iso seems to leave the glass kinda hazy after it dries so i put a drop of dish soap in and hot water rinse till theres no signs of soap and the glass is sparkling.

YoGranMazPimp,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
1 month in and the test is going fine. This stuff doesn't help with hard water stains but it works as advertised, I really like it. :)

scaled.php

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My Vulcan bong water :) Its salt, fruit and vegetable extract . . . The salt I can taste, the vegie extract, I know what it is, and the fruit extract has a VERY familiar, peppery, taste . . . but I love this stuff, it works, and it has a "presence" in my diffuser that is familiar and "nice" in a way . . .

From their website:

"RezBlock is an all-natural solution that you add to the water in your clean water pipe. RezBlock will prevent resin from sticking in all areas that the mixture is touching.

RezBlock is made from organic ingredients - all of which you can buy in a health food store (like Trader Joe's). We do not disclose the full ingredient list because it's a proprietary blend. We use fruit and vegetable extracts to make RezBlock and add salt which acts as a preservative and food coloring to make it look pretty. There are no chemicals or any other ingredients that would be unsafe for human consumption. We use the product ourselves and we would never release something that we thought had the potential to cause harm."

t-dub,

Nycdeisel

Thats really interesting man! Im gonna look into that

Im actually using Himalayan pink salt in my bubbler now. just a small amount of strong brine solution(or "Sole") made with the pink salt, in with the water. it turns a little pink. I just dont like so much that it starts to settle on the bottom. Doesnt add a taste that I can notice(and I have very sensitive taste buds)

Nycdeisel,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Cool NYC!!! That pink salt is soooo nice, I gave a cube of it to my brother for Christmas, it came with a little grater, really neat o. I should mention that the "taste" was when I actually tasted the pure product in my mouth to see what it was like. I know I'm strange, I tried my cat's food once too :) just to make sure it was good enough for him, he was sick at the time, but you can't taste this stuff in your glass. It has a "presence" which I really like. I used to gargle with salt water as a child and I think that memory may be coming through here.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Another real interesting property of this stuff is it keeps the water smelling fresher, longer. Changing water about every 2-3 days right now which is better than 2-3 times/day which is what I was doing with regular water . . .

Nycdeisel

So does it have a smell at all? like when you put your nose up to the opening?
Thats real cool too Tdub. im interested in this stuff your using. Just read the bit you included at the end of that other post. thats very cool, but is it edible? just curious lol

That pink salt has SO many uses! its truly amazing. And is the most pure salt you can buy. it s amazing on food, im spoiled now. any toher salt is fuckin garbage.

I wonder how that keeps the glass cleaner. I wish i knew what was in it. i am wary of things that dont disclose ingredients. considering most things that do list all ingredients usually has some junk in it :lol:

For example: the best use for this pink salt that is helpful to me(besides eating it in food hehe) is to use it as a warm salt water compress to relieve the itching of my eczema , which is finally starting to heal after just a few of the warm water compresses.
I also drink a cup of water with a teaspoon of the sole before breakfast each day. I would also use it by adding the salt to boiling water and breathing it in if i had a congesting type of thing going on. neti pot with the pink salt is fantastic also. In addition I have seen dry pink salt inhalers for sale online that is supposed to relieve respiratory stuff.
end rant :p

Nycdeisel,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Once in your diffuser it has a very slight "sweet" almost "clean" or "fresh" presence. I keep using the word "presence" because that is what it turns out to be, not really a smell at all, its hard to describe, but its nice. I don't want to screw these guys over with a public discussion breaking down their formula, because I like their product, but I'm pretty sure I know what it is :)

t-dub,

Nycdeisel

We have a private messaging feature now here ;)
Dont worry. I wont copy the formula and sell it for cash money ;)

:lol:

Nycdeisel,

Polmol

I find that corse salt works much better than alcohol but I'm wondering if the salt can damage the glass after a while, i.e. eroding it?

Polmol,

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
According to Sloan Kettering d-lemonine is a cancer preventative.

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/d-limonene

Which begs the question:
"What's up with the prior "anti d-limonine scare-mongering?"

I wonder if the genesis of 'THIS' "anti-",
resides in the "Anti: Vitamin, Supplement, Herbal, & Organic", lobby?
The self-same 'people' that want to outlaw all of these things,
in favor of "Corporate Big Brother('Gov', 'Pharma', 'Agri-Biz', 'Oil', etc.)"?

Curious...

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
My routine is simple.

1. Fill w/91% iso and shake/soak until walls of glass are clean.
2. Dump ISO.
3. Fill, shake, and dump 3 times with cold tap water.
4. Fill, shake, and dump last time with filtered water, or fill with same for use.

I do this daily and my glass stays brand new looking. No need for funky cleaners ever.

GReYAReA,
Reactions: MrNorml

MrNorml

I would love to try an organic alcohol to use. instead of that iso crap made from petroleum
strictly to clean glass of residues, of course. I havent tried lemon juice alone and im not quite sure that would do the job....
Don Q 151 Rum?

MrNorml,
Top Bottom