Cleanest vaporizer recommendation

justcametomind

I'm sorry, but there is nothing "bro" about the science of glass. We've been using glass in many different forms for centuries and science has known about the properties of glass for almost as long.

Here is a very non bro science data sheet regarding the material safety of borosilicate used, in this case, for optical purposes.

[/URL]

The only hazard that is attributed is for any small particles and dust when machining.
link is broken but anyway implying something that's fine for optical purposes is also fine for vaporizing purposes is quite "apples&oranges".

Brother....you seem to have a good bit of neurotic worry about material issues in vapes. I don't know where you live, but if you are anywhere in an urban area at all, then you are breathing in more toxic shit than you will ever get out of a vape. Just stand on that street corner on a hot humid afternoon as the bus goes by, yeah?
I would also look at where you are accessing your flower, because if you are not growing it yourself you have no idea what you are inhaling.
Thanks for your diagnosis.
Assuming your premises are good, why don't we all go back to smoking.
Peace Sign GIF

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

link is broken but anyway implying something that's fine for optical purposes is also fine for vaporizing purposes is quite "apple&oranges".

Thanks for your diagnosis.
Assuming your premises are good, why don't we all go back to smoking.
Peace Sign GIF
I have a better idea, why dont you peddle your propaganda on some other forum where people are more susceptible to faulty logic. I like how you conveniently ignored invertedisdead's rebuttal to your pseudoscientific drivel :lol:

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Morty

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This discussion is hilarious.. Medical certification didnt stop the volcano from having melting plastics and flaking chambers,IMO those certifications give false security. If i was very concerned about materials used in vapes ,i would never touch a vape that involves plastic,aluminum or Teflon,thats for sure.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have a better idea, why dont you peddle your propaganda on some other forum where people are more susceptible to faulty logic. I like how you conveniently ignored invertedisdead's rebuttal to your pseudoscientific drivel :lol:

Suggesting that another member leave is not nice. Please don't do that, or I'll be forced to start the holiday season by handing out a warning point. You should also be more careful of your choice of words when you are commenting on another member's opinion, even and probably especially if it is drivel.

To everyone: please keep in mind the original request:

Good afternoon! This is my first post here but I’ve been lurking for a while. I recently got back into cannabis after a 5 year hiatus. Previously I was using an Arizer Extreme Q with a water pipe as my daily setup. I was in shock when I recently read about the dirty pathway issues with the Extreme Q. I also saw some issues with aluminum dust on some vaporizers which is also terrifying. I currently do not have a vape and rely on edibles only which, while effective, is not as convenient for dosing purposes. I have been out of the game for a while so I’m hoping there has been some developments in vaporizers. Can someone recommend me one or more of the absolute cleanest (pathway, and overall) vaporizers on the market in the US today? Price is not a limitation, I just want the absolute safest vape out there.

If you want to debate the merits or failings of specific materials then start another thread. This one is for recommendations and the reasons for them.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Since money is not an issue, I'd probably say an Elev8r in the "E43" version (with beads and e-nail).
But I wouldn't rule out an e-Nano.

Franco,
Reactions: Morty

blackstone

But I’m pretty sure it is not just a ceramic heater. I think there is a wire inside the ceramic. I’m not sure what material it is but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was nickel
I dont know what material it is but the SSV heater coil is completely shrouded or covered with high quality ceramic so it doesn’t really matter what's inside it as nothing can pass through the ceramic into the air path.

Also just to clarify, the aluminium dust thing (on a Volcano Hybrid) was an issue only at launch due to incorrect material selection and/or design and it has been resolved and no longer exists. The Volcano Medic 2 would hardly be the first medical device on the market to be closely monitored, or recalled and fixed for similar I imagine.
The melting plastic thing was also something that seemed to occur at launch on Volcano Hybrid but was limited, possibly to some items/users/methods or devices and doesn't seem to persist among many users now at all.

Just saying if anyone bought a vape from either company now, they don't really need to keep these things in mind as being an issue for them.

blackstone,

SquirrelMaster

Thanks so much, these are some excellent recommendations and I've been taking a look at a lot of them.

Two that have my eye right now are the DynaVap / OmniVap and Elev8r just because they have no electronics. This might be a dumb question but is there any chance of off gassing from the dynavap / omnivap (titanium alloy?), or even quartz fibers from the Elev8r? Is there a difference in terms of safety between the different DynaVap vapes?

As far as the S&B vapes - I was initially interested in the Mighty until I saw that the Volcano had issues with aluminum dust, so really how much is the medical certificate worth?
I lost all faith in "medically certified" after the Hybrid Medic was approved (in Canada anyways) and then a month or two later there were plastic chamber housings melting (some still are) and aluminum dust. There was obviously barely any (if any) testing done so that certification doesn't mean squat imo.

A Dynavap is good with no electronics but you can't control the temperature so I don't know if that still qualifies it as safe for you when the chance for combustion (i.e. carcinogens) is very real. Depends on what temperature you plan on going to and if that factors into your decision.

Your safest bet is a device with as much good glass (i.e. no soda lime at the heater) as possible like the Elev8r and then I'd opt for the glass bead version with an enail to make things as easy and consistent as possible. Your taste buds will thank you, the Elev8r is phenomenal. Make sure you don't drop that coil or brush against it once it heats up as that is one part that can be dangerous if you're not careful.

marduk

daydreamer
A Dynavap is good with no electronics but you can't control the temperature so I don't know if that still qualifies it as safe for you when the chance for combustion (i.e. carcinogens) is very real. Depends on what temperature you plan on going to and if that factors into your decision.

The Mag Heater guy sells a temperature-controlled induction heater. But he's pretty slow at building them, so it would involve a substantial wait.

vapirtoo

Vap2 indeed, but they are no longer in business.
Good enough to try and find a used set-up.
I got one, but would never let it go.
Glass is a pain, and fragile but clean.

Alexis

Is there anything "wrong" with ceramic heating elements?
Well I was, admittedly dimly under the vague impression that ceramic has it's own unique form of purity. But I profess to be no expert. Others would know.

The SSV and LSV are long regarded as very clean, pure and safe vapes.

I think Vaporbrothers also features ceramic.

But then Mark McCoy of Vriptech- I believe the heater is ceramic based...went to some great lengths to encapsulate it in glass, which no question he sees as the superior.

Top Bottom