Clean micro-dosing

Shadooz

Ur temp effect correpond of the "lung" part on my post, or how u use them

Shadooz,
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Shadooz – You are overthinking the temp parameter a bit, I don't even think they are comparable from one device to another (or, as mentioned, from one user to another). Instead of going by some number, go by your experience. I for example set my Tinymight at 5 or 6 for starters, then gradually step up to 8. I pretty much forgot which temps those numbers actually refer to, but I know this range gives me what I want.

Shadooz

The temp is the only purpose of a vape, of course i overthink cause i can't afford many vapes.
Who think the temp is the same for every device ?
I'm just trying to get wich one will be quicker, easier and more precise for temp.
The FP have titanium but some coil from vgoodiez (enail elvev8r, sv6) are made with other stuff, but they won't put which one, stainlesssteel ,nickel chrome? That could be easier, and quicker for my micro dosing.
But for now the sv3.5 seems the first in mind

Shadooz,

arb

Semi shaved ape
The temp is the only purpose of a vape, of course i overthink cause i can't afford many vapes.
Who think the temp is the same for every device ?
I'm just trying to get wich one will be quicker, easier and more precise for temp.
The FP have titanium but some coil from vgoodiez (enail elvev8r, sv6) are made with other stuff, but they won't put which one, stainlesssteel ,nickel chrome? That could be easier, and quicker for my micro dosing.
But for now the sv3.5 seems the first in mind
Have you looked at any 510 mod based vapes?
Modpod labs stempod is an incredible on demand convection vape but it has a learning curve.
Not that steep though I fingered it out.
🐈

Shadooz

Found the steampod og 2.0 but it goes with box mod wich isn't deeply cleanable at all, no improvment from my crafty except the on demand

Shadooz,

Shadooz

There is so many box mod... but they seem all cheap and less potent than my crafty.
The heater will need to be clean, there is always some vap going in when u stop hiting. with time, it stick inside till becoming ashes that will ruin the taste

Shadooz,
  • Sad

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is so many box mod... but they seem all cheap and less potent than my crafty.
The heater will need to be clean, there is always some vap going in when u stop hiting. with time, it stick inside till becoming ashes that will ruin the taste

That actually does not happen if you clear your hits properly... By letting go of the fire button and continuing to draw, or removing the glass stem... It's actually pretty simple, to never need to clean the heater on a pure convection on demand vape, and yeah you do not need to clean the mod at all either... really the only thing you will need to clean on a glass stem based convection vape, is the glass stem itself, that is why they are so pure and simple...

Also absolutely temperature control is not universal at all, because pretty much every vape uses different technology, despite potential similarities, that is why so many of us have so many vapes!

So you have to decide your top priorities, pretty much every vape is going to have compromises...

Shadooz

U can avoid cleaning only with detach heater from the bowl that u detach before the end of ur hit. But that not the case of the modbox, crafty, tinymight.
Quite only the enail could possibly avoid any vapor residu.
I'v given my top priority already clearly along that thread

Shadooz,
  • Sad

Shit Snacks

U can avoid cleaning only with detach heater from the bowl that u detach before the end of ur hit. But that not the case of the modbox, crafty, tinymight.

First of all, you are wrong, you don't need to remove the heater you can just stop powering it as you keep drawing to clear... Also as I just explained with the stem-based vape (which the mod based like stempod are) the glass stem is your chamber, so you can remove that to clear your vapor as well (which is the same as removing the heater from the chamber) in fact even the tinymight can do this, so sorry but it seems like you are misunderstanding the way these work?

GoldenBud

In the convection machine the heater brings hot air to the bowl/chamber, and the bowl/chamber needs to be cleaned after the session/hit, not the heater. the heater rarely needs cleaning.. if you put it on the table sometimes wrongly, and it absorbs some organic materials.. the heater can be dirty (such thing happend to me with my ELEV8R)

Shadooz

Only the heater that heat separatly from the bowl, and get detach before the end of the heat couls avoid.
So the friction that help some to stay fix if u want, will undoubtly get sometime residu.
The last one on my list are sv3.5 wich have not a detach bowl but could be soak, fast heat and temp control.
And all the coil heated FP, elev8r, digiti, with a litlle minus for titanium cause of the long heavy heating it needs.
But still have unanswered question about those units

Shadooz,

Shadooz

My use of the crafty make it an on demand like with just longer hiting time, i shut it of before my draw. Still some residu.
For the sv3.5 i wait answer in the devoted thread. The low temp that u show me on video seem like a trickery, as explain in my long last post on page 1, cause the thermometer is below the final temp. But u can heat low if u stop heating at 140°C

Shadooz,

Shit Snacks

That's because the crafty is still not actually on demand... You really have never used a log vape? There they have constant power and yes you remove stem from heater to clear always, but with portables from RBT, Tetra, TM etc. with glass stem as chamber and vapor path, with pure convection heating on demand instantly, we are telling you that your dirty heater concern is not a concern with these vapes! But obviously, get whatever you want of course lol and I might actually suggest something like the upcoming Neo or TerpTorch as well?

Last edited:

Shadooz

The friction with the stem make it always not smooth enough too me for avoid everything.
I'v only use my crafty.
I own a MFLB before and have try herbo XL and extreme Q quite 10 years ago.

For the log, quite never heard about, so one of the only i found like Musa
The stem seems seal to the heat for that one, or get as friction as tinymight, fury2...

You always make the choice harder by giving more and more vape to check

I've found the underdog that can ne separate easily
But 20 min to heat up.... wich make the temp curve really unpecise except if u put a timer each time with an alarm cause u could fall asleep with 20min...

Shit Snacks

The friction with the stem make it always not smooth enough too me for avoid everything.
I'v only use my crafty.
I own a MFLB before and have try herbo XL and extreme Q quite 10 years ago.

The stem seems seal to the heat for that one, or get as friction as tinymight, fury2...

You always make the choice harder by giving more and more vape to check

I don't know what you mean by friction fit, tinymight uses orings and is smooth inserting and removing yet secure. Many other vapes use ground glass connection which is easier to remove though less secure (extreme Q uses some ground glass, to microdose with basket screen at the edge of joint, that is how tetra and RBT and stem pod work best as well... They are like portable EQ with greater efficiency actually, waaaay better than crafty and mflb imo)

I've found the underdog that can ne separate easily
But 20 min to heat up.... wich make the temp curve really unpecise except if u put a timer each time with an alarm cause u could fall asleep with 20min...

Yeah Musa is halogen, underdog cores and enano aren't as quick, heat island actually is a great option and had many different core options including a halogen (I think if you email Alan @ toasty top he even has an inexpensive halogen HI available now to buy) so depending on how you power them, they can heat up quicker than that.... You get great efficiency and purity but you might lose out on using precise temperature settings.

Sorry I know it's tough with so many options, but researching everything that's available is the best way to find the one that fits the most of your needs, with the fewest compromises for you, if you do want to buy one and only one, that is the best way I think.

badbee

As others have, I can assure you that this is just not an issue. My Splinters have never been cleaned, I mean that literally, they are several years old, been used hundreds of times and never cleaned. Closest they come is when I blow out a couple of loose, and very thoroughly vaped and dried out, crumbs. Apart from very slight heat discoloring around the glass and screen they look brand new. No gunk on the screen at all, definitely nothing on the heater coil under it. The stem is another story but glass is easy to clean.

Shit Snacks

the heater coil under it. The stem is another story but glass is easy to clean.

I just have to point out that it's not actually a coil, the heater is steel mesh around a mica or ceramic insulator plate... coils like the StemPod uses are sort of a different story.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vaporware

badbee

I just have to point out that it's not actually a coil, the heater is steel mesh around a mica or ceramic insulator plate... coils like the StemPod uses are sort of a different story.
I get what you mean but then again a planar surface curved into a spiral in one dimension is still technically "coiled". OK, I'll shut up now...

I think most\all Splinter owners would agree that there is never a need to clean the heater.

Top Bottom