Choosing between Arizer Solo, Arizer Air or Vriptech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds Aldrin

I am a vaporizer newbie and looking to purchase one soon to give my lungs a break. As I live in a city where smoking implements cannot be legally sold I have to order over the internet. I went to my local hydro store asking for advice on choosing a vaporizer and he suggested either the Arizer solo, Arizer air or the Vriptech. My criteria is - must be affordable (which kind of rules out the Vriptech), must have very few or no attachments or accessories (because I have to order them over the internet and do not want to have to frequently purchase new parts or attachments or accessories), must be convection based heating and not conduction based heating, and finally, if possible, one that does not rely on batteries or plugging into a power outlet to work. Because this is my first venture into the world of vaporizers and I do not want to overspend on my first device, I am really restricted to one of the Arizer vapes and not the Vriptech which is significantly more expensive. However I am interested in hearing from anyone who has tried smoking from a Vriptech to see if it is really worth the price?
I am also very keen on hearing from anyone who has tried either of the above mentioned Arizer models and whether they fit my criteria eg is the Solo or Air convection based heating and do they have many separate parts that need frequent replacing (a bad thing)? And are they battery powered (I would rather not have battery powered)? Maybe someone can suggest an even better model? I live in Australia so would prefer to order from an Australian website such as www.australianvaporizers.com.au
Please help

Last edited:
Buds Aldrin,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Hi Buds, welcome to the board. I strongly recommend AV as a reliable source of vaporizing supplies in Australia. There is a whole ocean of vapes available to you but the ones I will list are readily available locally.

For something super cheap a Vapror Genie is perfect as it is $70-100 or so & flame powered. Simple & effective for under $100 all in. If you want a higher spec butane vape the VapMan is very highly regarded. I still am kicking myself for not buying one for $110 when I had the chance as they are now $180 due to exchange rate.

The next step is a Flowermate family vape from $115-160 & is a great entry level battery operated vape. I would get a Solo or Air & since you are on a budget get a Solo & an Ed's stem. None of these battery operated vapes are convection operated & very few portables are true convection.

If you want to stay away from importing into Australia your options are pretty limited. My suggestion is to get a Solo & a Ed's stem. Yes the stem looks expensive now at $50 but it is not only beautiful but virtually unbreakable under normal use. An added bonus is it will fit a 14mm bong.

Buds Aldrin

Thanks for the quick and informative response Stevenski. I'm looking forward to seeing some more insightful responses

Last edited:
Buds Aldrin,

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Hey there, @Buds Aldrin! :wave:

Daily Solo user here. I can attest that the Solo is a great little portable vaporizer. It definitely gets the job done. The Solo is one of the easiest vaporizers to use, and the all-glass vapor path really brings out the flavor of your herb of choice (though accidentally breaking the glass stems could be a potential concern). It's also very efficient in that you don't need to use a lot of herb to get good results.

The Solo is battery powered but it has a relatively long battery life compared to other battery powered portables, somewhere along the lines of 1-2 hours of actual usage. Also, it's conduction heating instead of convection, but I'd venture that the method of heating isn't really that important. What's important is how well it works, and in that regard the Solo doesn't disappoint.

If electronic vapes aren't really your thing, there are several really good options out there that use a butane torch lighter as a heat source. I personally own a VaporGenie, and am extremely pleased with it. There's a little bit of a learning curve to it, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be blowing huge clouds of vapor on demand.

I hope this helps, and good luck on transitioning to vapor.

:peace:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I looked online to take a look a the vriptech because I havent heard about it. I've never seen it in action or tried it so I can't comment. I see the price is $199.

I do have the Arizer Air and the Solo. Either one would be a good choice it's just personal preference. I prefer the Solo. If you need stealth get the AA.

Look on both threads and see what would fit into your life. Do you want batteries that you can replace? The batteries for the Air last about 50 minutes of use. The Solo in the beginning the battery will last over 2 hours before it needs charging. My Solo is almost 2 years old and the battery lasts almost an hour. The owner can buy a battery to replace after time. There is a video as to how to do it.

You will want to find a unit that is easy to use and clean the AA and the Solo fit that bill. Plus they do a great job of medicating and don't use very much csnnabis to get the job done. Both units are well made with quality materials.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
+1 for the Solo. It may not be true convection but it has stood the test of time and for the price it's hard to beat. Actually, even without taking into consideration the price it's hard to beat. It's versatility, durability, ease of use and how it performs have made it one of the best for new and experienced vapists alike.

As @CarolKing said...check out the thread. You'll see the love fest began in 2011 and is still going strong.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Derrrpp

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Vrip is a must in term of vapor quality AND quantity, it offers the best taste avalaible combined with crazy clouds, although it's designed to be paired with a watertool. Like Stickstones said I turn it on to "treat myself"!

I want to notice there is a lot of nice others vapes in the market but I agree with the guy who recommanded you the Vrip: this is one of the better!

PPN,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom