Chinese PID Controller?

~vapeslut.xo~

So i have heard you can get a coil + controller for the Elev8r from DHGate!

I am wondering if anyone here has actually done it.
I would be ecstatic to be able to get it for $80-90 (what i was told), because
that means i can have the full desktop setup for my Elev8r quite soon!

Otherwise I'd have to wait until i can save up a few hundred, since that's
what it would cost normally, i think.

(it seems like maybe DHGate isn't very much loved here, but go easy on me :)

Anyway...i am sure it would involve a bit of DIY, which I'm terrified of, but i have
someone who could help :)
( So DIY is not a problem, unless it's super-DIY... :) )

~vapeslut.xo~,

~vapeslut.xo~

Super surprised no one has done it here! At least, not that I could find through the Search :)
Well perhaps I will be the pioneering, Columbus type.
I'm loving the vape hobby so might as well get my hands dirty!

I'll have to make this my next purchase...can't wait! Also need some rubies for the Elev8r heater :)

Trackrat

I bought mine off Amazon. Paid less than $100 for it. Shape the coil myself. Not hard to do. I like low temp dabbing. Works good enough for me. Vgoodiez has a video explaining how to shape it on his YouTube channel. Kikstar Digital Temperature Controller with 5ft Kevlar Wrapped 16MM Inner Diameter Heater Coil.

Last edited:

~vapeslut.xo~

I bought mine off Amazon. Paid less than $100 for it. Shape the coil myself. Not hard to do. I like low temp dabbing. Works good enough for me. Vgoodiez has a video explaining how to shape it on his YouTube channel.Digital Temperature Controller with 5ft Kevlar Wrapped 16MM Inner Diameter Heater Coil https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MXFT47...abc_5TQ804QVA2W8RTDMZAXF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you so much!
I had some help from Reddit, but i feel uncomfortable there :(
I dont mean uncomfortable, but...Let me stop being nice. Reddit is full of assholes! LMAO. Sorry :)

Amazon is such a better option!!! I <3 U

EDIT: I had a $103 Amazon gift card!. Literally jumping for joy right now! :clap: :clap: :rockon: I
have basically been searching for most powerful vape and Elev8r is it. This will complete the Elev8r set up though.
I'm SO excited!
Hmm also semi-conflicted. Where do i put my HI?:huh:
i suppose i could fit both...but i tend to relegate others to the "inactive" smoking area :D

Last edited:

Hippie

Yes - Lots of us have as it was the only option before VGoodiez and Elev8R started selling them as a package

Here are a couple of videos done by forum members that you might find useful

A couple of people have said that they are running at lower temps with a layer of Aluminium foil between the Elev8R and the coil, which is another option that should be easier for you to fit too as it has a small about of give to it and be a slightly larger diameter.

Consider compatibility and availability of coils and what you want on your desktop, buying a PID controller and coil by the way, so you can maybe expand the setup later with a flowerpot, banger, or bucket or something at a later date using the same controller as VAS calls lol
Personally I'm not a fan of the controllers with hard wired cables (like the DHgate one) as cables wear out and prefer the controllers like the Amazon one with connectors so you can replace the power and coil leads when they wear out. And also think I prefer the form factor with both cables coming out of the rear of the unit as it works better on my tabletop.

~vapeslut.xo~

Yes - Lots of us have as it was the only option before VGoodiez and Elev8R started selling them as a package

Here are a couple of videos done by forum members that you might find useful

A couple of people have said that they are running at lower temps with a layer of Aluminium foil between the Elev8R and the coil, which is another option that should be easier for you to fit too as it has a small about of give to it and be a slightly larger diameter.

Consider compatibility and availability of coils and what you want on your desktop, buying a PID controller and coil by the way, so you can maybe expand the setup later with a flowerpot, banger, or bucket or something at a later date using the same controller as VAS calls lol
Personally I'm not a fan of the controllers with hard wired cables (like the DHgate one) as cables wear out and prefer the controllers like the Amazon one with connectors so you can replace the power and coil leads when they wear out. And also think I prefer the form factor with both cables coming out of the rear of the unit as it works better on my tabletop.
great!
I ordered the Amazon one...
PLEASE EVERYONE, TELL ME I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION! Lmao.
I only have 3 days before it gets here and i dont want any buyer's remorse 😝
I am kidding of course...please let me know if i screwed up! Lol :)

Those videos look extremely helpful TYSM!!

Can i use these pearls??

Last edited:
~vapeslut.xo~,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Hippie

Maybe lol
I am using 4mm Rubies in mine but some have said that 4mm are too big to get past all the spikes in their Elev8Rs

Hippie,
Reactions: Cheebsy

~vapeslut.xo~

Maybe lol
I am using 4mm Rubies in mine but some have said that 4mm are too big to get past all the spikes in their Elev8Rs
hmm alright. i will play it safe and order these:

@Hippie would you mind sharing your experience, how was setting it up?
Did you make any mistakes i should look for?

Last edited:

~vapeslut.xo~

I ordered mine from VGoodiez. Your doing alright. Hope you enjoy it when you get it all together.
thank you! good to know :) I would have ordered from them / him (Scott, right?)
but i couldn't wait another month for the money, since it would cost another $100 at least.

I would be very excited to have it arrive ready-to-go, but my purse won't let me :):disgust:And
the Amazon gift card was too good! Lol.
maybe i should call a friend who is better with electronics though...i want to be very careful with it.

Hippie

It was all quite painless, I basically did what they did in the videos
Tape up your screwdrivers so you don't scratch the coil
Take your time opening the coil, twisting the screwdriver in the same motion every 45 degrees or so around the coil to evenly spread the loops.
Try and seat the coil as low as possible on the heater
When it comes to fine tuning the coil fit you can tighten the coil a little by pulling the loops further apart or as LabPong describes and pulling alternate loops in different directions (or packing it out with more Aluminium foil if you're doing it that way)

Edit
I saw your organisation thread but dunno if you've got something already to use as a stand or not?
I use a hydratube kind of stand like this with an 18mm female/female adapter https://www.xhl3.com/products/hydrafoot
Or a male/female adapter in a make up brush holder, like the ones in in organization thread
And was also lucky enough to find a female hydratube stand at a reasonable price, which I would link you to but can't find any more at the moment lol
Don't be tempted by the cheap banger stands you can buy as the base is too small and unstable on the table in my experience :o

Last edited:

~vapeslut.xo~

It was all quite painless, I basically did what they did in the videos
Tape up your screwdrivers so you don't scratch the coil
Take your time opening the coil, twisting the screwdriver in the same motion every 45 degrees or so around the coil to evenly spread the loops.
Try and seat the coil as low as possible on the heater
When it comes to fine tuning the coil fit you can tighten the coil a little by pulling the loops further apart or as LabPong describes and pulling alternate loops in different directions (or packing it out with more Aluminium foil if you're doing it that way)

Edit
I saw your organisation thread but dunno if you've got something already to use as a stand or not?
I use a hydratube kind of stand like this with an 18mm female/female adapter https://www.xhl3.com/products/hydrafoot
Or a male/female adapter in a make up brush holder, like the ones in in organization thread
And was also lucky enough to find a female hydratube stand at a reasonable price, which I would link you to but can't find any more at the moment lol
Don't be tempted by the cheap banger stands you can buy as the base is too small and unstable on the table in my experience :o
I'm having a hard time visualizing the stand...? I do have an 18mm male to 14mm female adapter, which looks like this

~vapeslut.xo~,

Hippie

The Elev8R heater has an 18mm male joint so it will fit on anything with a female 18mm socket (like the bowl)
As the hydratube hydrafoot stand has an 18mm male joint you would need an 18mm f/f adapter to go on top (to basically give the stand a sex change)
Or if you're going to use a brush holder you could use a 14 or 18mm male to 18mm female adapter

Hippie,
Reactions: arb

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I don’t really know a lot about pids and controllers as I’ve only looked from a curiosity pov, but for what those generic Amazon/dhgate options cost would it make more sense to just get the 3D printed case option from disorderly conduction? It’s like $10 more. Maybe I’m way off base but I thought they were more of a reputable brand in this space?

Edit: nm, looks like the $108 is the controller only. The cheapest coil and controller kit seems to be $180 (no pretty rainbow case), but it comes with a banger as well if that’s something you need.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom