• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

China VapCap Clone

I only had a few minutes tonight but I wanted to give something to look at. Pics are not great but I will take them apart tomorrow and get some better shots. So far, the body and tip don't look that different.

Either I have my tips mixed up or they copied a 2016 body with a 2018 tip.

Which tip is the M17 and which is the M18?

More to come tomorrow.

If anyone has any requests like weight or thickness measurements, feel free to post your request and I'll do my best to accommodate.

2cdz51y.jpg

25rfq6h.jpg

3532ij8.jpg

156zby9.jpg

30ru22r.jpg

2yzbne9.jpg

2m4wvhf.jpg

34qn242.jpg

2h2qljm.jpg

33pfv9g.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Crap! They got damn close.
The logo on there really pisses me off.

Any cap pics?

Ramahs,

Gray Area

They've done a good job by the looks of it... what's the cap/ccd like??

I'd have major concerns using it, not knowing what metal/o ring material is etc, but it certainly looks convincing enough...

:tup:

Also looks like the first fin on the tip is the same dia as the rest..??

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice find,lol.. How do they perform compared to the originals ? :)
Edited:
LOL ,i just heard back from someone ,saying those clones dont Click.. ,that is hilarious,at least they can do as stems :).

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

paehtod

How about the cap? Do they "click" ? Shame to see these counterfeit coming out.

paehtod,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Are all three knockoffs?

2016? You mean 2017, Lad?

You seem to have neglected the essence of what makes a VapCap click?

The Cap?

Thanks for your pixs, more to come? Thanks for taking a click for the team, Buckeye! :tup::clap:

PS a side by side comparison of the real McCoy, and the knockoff, would be instructive.

stark1,

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I only had a few minutes tonight but I wanted to give something to look at. Pics are not great but I will take them apart tomorrow and get some better shots. So far, the body and tip don't look that different.

Either I have my tips mixed up or they copied a 2016 body with a 2018 tip.

Which tip is the M17 and which is the M18?

More to come tomorrow.

If anyone has any requests like weight or thickness measurements, feel free to post your request and I'll do my best to accommodate.

2cdz51y.jpg

25rfq6h.jpg

3532ij8.jpg

156zby9.jpg

30ru22r.jpg

2yzbne9.jpg

2m4wvhf.jpg

34qn242.jpg

2h2qljm.jpg

33pfv9g.jpg
Thanks for this. Very interesting. How was their attempt at the cap? Does the condenser look the same?

-dab8-,
OK... here are some more pics.

I was saving the big laugh for last but you all guessed it.... they forgot the TRUFLEX. LMAO

The pics above are as follows.... clone is in the middle. Real VapCaps are on the 2 ends.

Pics below: The clean tip is the clone. The used one is my genuine.

These look like damn near exact clones. I can't believe the little crafty devils forgot the click. LMAO

35ioe2p.jpg

2cnuvsn.jpg

20ap9w9.jpg

fpav6f.jpg

efsa6q.jpg

qmzxuq.jpg

2rcblhu.jpg

2pyxt10.jpg

27yoa41.jpg

2zs911f.jpg

1z2hbgg.jpg

t9f5lj.jpg

juve3m.jpg

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You are so funny, @Hippie!

Look ma, no clicks! That’s hilarious. Unless, of course, as an added bonus, everything is clicking....

Watt a bomb. :horse:

Back to the punch.:bigleaf:

Last edited:
stark1,

Vapor4me

The thickness of the bowl also looks different, would probably have an effect on the temp. The o rings look dirty, I'd feel iffy about using it...

But it's interesting to see that the VC's have gotten their interest. It's a (cursed) compliment in a way. I don't know why someone who wants to do things in a more healthy way would go for a knock off, but then again, I met once someone who had a Chinese Mighty, coz he didn't see himself paying the full price.

Question for further testing: Would it work with a DV cap? Would it be possible to measure the temps in the chamber?

Other things I would be curious about, just for science, not coz I want to get one (already have more DV's originals than I can use at one time):
- Weight as compared to a real VC
- Metal composition
- Aside form the mouth piece, and the 2018 tip on the 2017 body, and the details on the tip, how can people (some of which have never seen a VC live before) be warned about replicas? If it don't kick, it ain't it?

V4M

Vapor4me,
I did some testing last night. I did wipe it before using it but the Q-tip was totally clean so I was not too worried about oil or shop residue.

First I put a regular DynaVap cap on it and tested it. Worked fine. Clicked properly and I didn't notice any difference from the original.

I also tried it with the 'no click' cap and it worked great. Actually a little better than the real cap. Probably because the clone cap is much thicker and heated faster (in the induction heater) and held the heat longer. Since I am familiar with my VapCap and my Induction Heater, I was able to use the clone cap quite successfully even without a click. I almost never wait for a cool down click with using my real VC anyway so this is not totally new to me.

Seems like they work just fine. Still, I don't believe they will ever sell them without the proper cap. Other than a few here and there like they sold to me. Retailers won't buy them without the cap (IMO). And, I'll bet George will be looking real hard at orders for 500 caps and no bodies. LMAO

I have a clam bake tonight and I am also playing there so I need to get over there this afternoon and setup. Then, I will be there all night. So, I may not get to any more info until tomorrow. I will weigh each piece and compare with my originals first chance I get.

I took some weights today.

The clone cap is way thicker than the Dynavap and I believe it is different alloy of stainless. The clone cap looks like brushed stainless. The DV cap does not look like the same alloy. I'm not sure. But, the metal looks very different.

The clone cap weighs 1.491g. The Dynavap cap weighs 0.803g

The tips look very similar and I took some measurements with the micrometer and almost everything is exactly the same. The clone cooling fins seem to be a little beefier.

The clone tip (with O-rings) weighs 5.899g. The Dynavap tip weighs 5.649g

OK, I have to stop here. LOL At this point, I went back to weigh the rest of the parts and I realized I didn't know which body was the OG and which was the clone. The mic showed several differences and when I replaced the tips into the body, they fit real nice one way and they other way, neither fit real well, So, I THINK I know which is the OG and which is the clone. However, with that said, I will show the weights but I am not 100% sure which is which. Crafty little devils sure made a good copy. There is no way I can tell which is which. So, with that said.....

One body weighed 11.755 grams. I believe this was the clone. The other weighed 11.035. I believe that is the Dynavap. I say that because I recall the original pics looking like the clone was a tiny bit beefier.

One confessor (without O-rings) weighs 2.036g and the other wieghs 1.778g.

One set of O-rings weighs 0.137 and the other set weighs 0.119

Re-assembled (I THINK correctly) one complete M weighs 19.319g and the other weighs 19.118g.

Sorry about the mix up. I should have the actual China samples next week.

Hello,

I'm planning to buy one of DynaVap vaporizers. I've found something very similiar to one of them on Alibaba. I've been always concerned about anything from China due to materials they making things off, but since it's made of 100% stainless steel it should be alright. Right?

Modnote: Link to counterfeit item removed

Last edited by a moderator:
bartmajewski,
USA people see nothing at that link because Ali chose to not ship vapes to USA.

But, if you mean the Kepler clones, I have a bunch of them and they are the same as the ones from DynaVap (only way cheaper). Where do you think DynaVap gets the materials to make theirs? (My guess is all VapCaps are made from Chinese material).

Same thing without the American markup.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
But, if you mean the Kepler clones, I have a bunch of them and they are the same as the ones from DynaVap (only way cheaper). Where do you think DynaVap gets the materials to make theirs? (My guess is all VapCaps are made from Chinese material).

Same thing without the American markup.

Their bills of lading have been found and posted on Reddit.

Sourcing raw material from China, and being made in China isn't the same. If I'm correct the Keplers don't even click???

As far as I am aware, the Ti and SS they source from China is medical grade and really shouldn't affect anything, since all the manufacturing and finishing is done here.

Yeah, they must have never actually used one as the copy job was just about perfect but they forgot to put the bi-metal clicker in the cap. LOL It's almost as if they have the CAD/CAM file right from Dynavap. Even down to the logo.

I bought a dozen caps a while back to match them up. I use mine every day with my Chinese SJK induction heater. Works just like my original M from Dynavap.

Gotta love China for providing all these awesome products at such wonderful prices. I can't figure why everyone hates China. I love them.

Hackerman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
At least Dynavap got a sale for a dozen caps they would have otherwise not had, I like Chinese stuff too but draw the line at direct ripoffs, brand name and all.:2c:

Top Bottom