Ch controller enail help...

Mr Turnip

Bit of help would be appreciated please.

I have a vrod and two clockwise coils with a ch controller (not auber).

Ideally I'd like to get a dedicated enail without buying a new controller. But I've been reading even if I find a coil that fits the wiring isn't the same and I'll blow the coil???.

Anybody have any information on this or am I best just buying a dedicated enail set up.

I'm in the UK so not exactly a lot of options to go for.

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Vaporware

If you’re talking about the one that screws into the controller, I believe the pinout can be found in the FlowerPot thread but I don’t think I’ve seen other controllers/coils with that same screw-in connector, so you might have a hard time finding one that will work unless you can swap out the connector and rewire it yourself.

If anyone in the UK is still carrying CH gear, ordering another of their coils would probably be easiest.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Mr Turnip

Mr Turnip

I'm new to enails and quite confused.

But I could buy a flat Ch XLR coil and then get a 25mm banger which has the clip in the bottom?.

I've found stock in the UK for the XLR flat coil but obviously that sits flat under your bucket and doesn't wrap around it to heat the sides as good.

I have dtv4/5 cloud Evo torch rigs etc ..quite a few toys but was looking for something special for concentrate. I'm thinking about just buying a cheap enail set. My thinking is it's will probably be better then either the flat Ch coil with a bucket or the Ch dcup.

Or could I use the flat Ch coil with a terp Slurper?.
I do actually have a spare 20mm Ch barrel coil if I could just gat a bucket for that?.
Very confused ha ha

Mr Turnip,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The mininail Ti come with a spacer that makes them compatible with 20mm barrel coils; so that’s an option.

Timps27,

Mr Turnip

Appreciate those links thanks a lot.

I bought a diamond knot just to try it and some of that dark crystal glass cleaner. Hoping I get some tasty Dabs through that. I'll get one of those bangers ordered as well.

I've heard of those 710 coils and actually came across a UK seller yesterday obviously not wired to my controller. I didn't know that was an option glad you pointed it out to me.

Cheers

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've heard of those 710 coils and actually came across a UK seller yesterday obviously not wired to my controller.
Shane (710coils) can get the heater coils wired to any spec you like and has a good list of controllers that he services already...costs are competitive but his quality is very high (his heater coils are rated to 150w where most are 100w), always an option later if you get stuck!
Dark crystal is supposed to work very well, hard to find here so I use SimpleGreen to soak out any charring mishaps.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
This is a difficult deal to work out, I would contact @710Coils directly and see what he can or can't do for you. He won't bite...hard, seriously if there's anyone who would be able to sort you out on e-nail pin devilry it's Shane. https://710coils.com/pages/contact

Honestly although it sucks, I would look at biting the bullet sooner or later and just getting a controller with a standard XLR pin layout, it's going to save a lot of headache in the future. No one on the market currently makes or proably will ever again make coils with the aviation/legacy pin layout that CH used to make.

3illmesmart

I just started on this, same as you. I realised I didn't like the banger that came with the kit and a big reason is, I can't see my dab.
Have "6 in 1 Hybrid Quartz & Titanium Nail" coming. They come in sizes to fit the coils we have and the quartz bowl is on top where I can see it..

RCCtools

Manufacturer

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Glad you found the article useful! Thanks for linking.
Thanks to that link, instead of being left without a coil for my DNail Nimbus and having to wait weeks for one to arrive from USA to here in Tasmania, I now have 2 functioning flat coils.
Again, thanks, @RCCtools!
And these look way cool,
No good for us 220-240AC power guys though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom