CBD%

Marionjessica

Hi I decided to have a go at making my own CBD oil. I have arthritis and insomnia.
I bought 12gr of Black Domina..info below.

I used one and a third cup of MCT oil plus 2 tablespoons of sunflower lecithin. After decarbonating in the oven for 35 mins I put the oil and lecithin in a slow cooker on the low setting. I left it there for 8 hours stirring every hour or so. After sieving I bottled it. I've tested it on myself the last couple of nights and it's working. My question is how do I know what the percentage is? The one I was buying was labelled as 20%. I have seen tables on working it out. But being a dummy at maths I can not figure it out. My brain goes into scramble mode 😂
I hope this method is of help to some people. Hopefully one of you more informed members can help me with the %
Thanks...

Marionjessica,

Marionjessica

Info on the type I used...
(This feminized CBD-rich cannabis strain provides a chemical phenotype highlighted by its CBD ratio: THC 20:1, eliminating the psychoactive power characteristic of THC-rich genetics, making it an excellent variety for medicinal purpose. Its THC content is slightly less than 1%, containing a percentage of between 0.5 and 1 on average for this Cannabinoid, always being below 1%)

Marionjessica,

shredder

I'm not clear on your question. Are you saying your herb is 20% cbd? And you have 12 grams.

If so it's 2400mg, if your extraction was 80% efficient that makes it 1920mg.

One and one third cup of oil is 64 teaspoons.

So 1920 divided by 64 is 30, so every tsp should be 30mg of cbd.

If your herb isn't 20% cbd then you'll have to find out what % it is before calculating dosages.

shredder,

Marionjessica

I'm not clear on your question. Are you saying your herb is 20% cbd? And you have 12 grams.

If so it's 2400mg, if your extraction was 80% efficient that makes it 1920mg.

One and one third cup of oil is 64 teaspoons.

So 1920 divided by 64 is 30, so every tsp should be 30mg of cbd.

If your herb isn't 20% cbd then you'll have to find out what % it is before calculating dosages.

Marionjessica,

Marionjessica

Hi... When I was buying my CBD oil, it said on the 10ml bottle 20% CBD. I've seen bottles with 5%,10% etc. How do I know what the one I'm making is, based on the ingredients I gave... So not mg... but %

Marionjessica,

shredder

How do I know what the one I'm making is, based on the ingredients I gave... So not mg... but %
You do the math. Divide the ml ( or any unit of measure, IE grams, ounces or whatever) of cbd oil by the total ml of the carrier oil plus the cbd oil in ml.

shredder,
Reactions: vonfatman
Top Bottom