CBD + THC = less high??

GoldenBud

There is no molecule that can turn into either CBDA or THCA though.
cbgatothcaorcbda.gif

each molecule of CBGA can be formed into CBDA or THCA. not both. that's what I meant, if one molecule of CBGA made THCA it can't go in the CBDA route

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

CBGA can be formed into CBDA or THCA. not both. that's what I meant, i will add links next time, because this mechanism is not easy to understand, I forgot how it works too

Ah, I seem to recall something about that from some videos I watched a few years back. I take my assertion back, you are correct.

well...the interaction between CBD and THC is complex and not fully understood. Some studies have suggested that CBD may reduce the psychoactive effects of THC, while others have found that CBD can enhance the effects of THC.

It's possible that individual differences in metabolism and tolerance can also affect the interaction between CBD and THC, and that some people may experience different effects than others.

Artrix Global,
Reactions: cosimo

Sativapo

I'm personnaly not in to cbd flower at all. I prefer infusions like camomile for this kind of use. Vaping cbd for me is like drinking beer without alcohol. I don't deny the medicinal effects of course... but I love cannabis too much to use what is for me like muted cannabis

Last edited:
Sativapo,

Pinte

I haven't looked too much into CBD. The most I've tried is a CBD vape cart because the thought was if you're greening out and you toke on some CBD it'll bring you back down quicker. This was false, at least for me. On it's own it tastes great, but the effects I get are incredibly slight.

That said, is CBD flower legitimate, or is it simply hemp sprayed with CBD?

I mostly smoke THCa flower. Would buying CBD flower and mixing 1:1 something to try? I find most of my highs are varied and borderline too much even when I cut back on the amount I take. I'd be curious if CBD would potentially help in that regard.

Pinte,

Bababouy

@Pinte I have been experiencing similar effects recently with even a low dose of what I used to normally consume causing me to feel anxious and I was not enjoying my experience. I recently took to consuming some hemp flower instead or in combination with my regular flower and it really has made a difference for me in terms of reducing these feelings.

That being said it will not take away the anxiety that a large dab can induce for me but it certainly has mitigated the feeling I was getting with flower. I know some of this involved life stressors but i certainly felt as though this helped.

I tried several different strains from Horn Creek Hemp and would recommend them to anyone who wants to try hemp flower. I tried a high cbg strain, in addition to the cbd strains.

RxPlorer

I haven't looked too much into CBD. The most I've tried is a CBD vape cart because the thought was if you're greening out and you toke on some CBD it'll bring you back down quicker. This was false, at least for me. On it's own it tastes great, but the effects I get are incredibly slight.

That said, is CBD flower legitimate, or is it simply hemp sprayed with CBD?

I mostly smoke THCa flower. Would buying CBD flower and mixing 1:1 something to try? I find most of my highs are varied and borderline too much even when I cut back on the amount I take. I'd be curious if CBD would potentially help in that regard.
CBD dominant flower is just cannabis that has been selectively bred for high CBD / low THC production. It is not artificially sprayed with CBD.

But do watch out for any hemp producers that sell Delta-8 flower. Some perverse minds decided that spraying synthetic D8 onto hemp was a good idea (it isn't). D8 is chemically synthesized so there's no such thing as "natural" D8 hemp.

MikaEmber

Mixing CBD with THC is a common practice for some, and it's thought to reduce the intensity of the high. The science isn't entirely clear, but many find it helps balance things out.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I've been curious about this too for a while now. I wanted to try mixing regular flower and cbd flower with different ratios. Already waiting on some cbd flower actually, will report back when I've tested some

coolbreeze

Sam skunkman the breeder of Skunk no. 1 writes a lot about this topic on IC mag.

This is a quote from Sam S who is a very experienced researcher as well as a legendary breeder.

"It took hundreds if not thousands of years for local farmers to remove all the CBD from Cannabis they grew/bred. This was done the old way trying each plant and by only saving the seeds of the best for future growing. It worked remarkably well many NLD types have little to no other Cannabinoids beside THC.
In the last decade everyone has jumped on the CBD bandwagon and thousands of folks are making hybrids with THC/CBD, they are in fact undoing the work that took a long time.
I have nothing against CBD for medical use but I do not want it in my recreational Cannabis. CBD delays onset of THC, reduces peak experiences, and makes the reduced effects last longer.
I think the whole CBD fad (like most non-medical CBD use) will end up screwing the Cannabis recreational drug genepool.
This is all ready happening in Labs, there used to be little CBD found in recreational varieties, now it is common to find .5-5% CBD in a lot of the newer recreational varieties, in a few years it will only get worse.
CBD should be kept out of recreational varieties, and it is not happeneing, the exact opposite is happening. CBD varieties should not be used for breeding to make seeds to be sold or given to non medical users, they will be used to make hybrids that enter the recreational market and genepool.
Next I expect some unthinking folks to take CBD rich varieties to the traditional Ganja areas, that will pollute the NLD genepool in any area they do this in.
I am happy to hear others views on the subject. It is obvious that CBD does help many patients, and some like it for recreational use to help control/modify high THC effects they don't like.
-SamS"

This is a very interesting point of view from someone who has a lot of experience with cannabis. It seems CBD makes the weed more of a creeper and reduces the peak effects. But it makes the high last a bit longer.

I hope this information helps.
The problem with this very successful thousand-year breeding program is that in recent years especially it's become more and more difficult to find weed that doesn't send anxiety through the roof. In my case I think it must be some fairly common terpene(s) that causes it because the thc level seems irrelevant and some high-thc weeds don't bother me in the slightest. Work on that and the CBD won't be needed.

@Pinte I have been experiencing similar effects recently with even a low dose of what I used to normally consume causing me to feel anxious and I was not enjoying my experience. I recently took to consuming some hemp flower instead or in combination with my regular flower and it really has made a difference for me in terms of reducing these feelings.

That being said it will not take away the anxiety that a large dab can induce for me but it certainly has mitigated the feeling I was getting with flower. I know some of this involved life stressors but i certainly felt as though this helped.

I tried several different strains from Horn Creek Hemp and would recommend them to anyone who wants to try hemp flower. I tried a high cbg strain, in addition to the cbd strains.
I have done this with mixed success. It works as advertised, both as a kind of prophylactic and less so as a blend. The problem I think I've identified is that while it will reduce anxiety from a given weed while I'm high, I pay for it nevertheless the next day, when the previously unfelt anxiety is very much felt. For me I just have to find types that are absent whatever causes it.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Bababouy

Tellus

The problem with this very successful thousand-year breeding program is that in recent years especially it's become more and more difficult to find weed that doesn't send anxiety through the roof. In my case I think it must be some fairly common terpene(s) that causes it because the thc level seems irrelevant and some high-thc weeds don't bother me in the slightest. Work on that and the CBD won't be needed.
Interesting. Have you noticed any pattern, for example which strains that affect you most?

And that quote habitat-fc wrote, by Sam Skunkman.. Had no idea! Fascinating to read, but I'll want to find more on that, find some different sources.

coolbreeze

Interesting. Have you noticed any pattern, for example which strains that affect you most?

And that quote habitat-fc wrote, by Sam Skunkman.. Had no idea! Fascinating to read, but I'll want to find more on that, find some different sources.
I think it was Ghost Train Haze that really suggested this to me, as I could feel it actually making me hate everything. It has guaiol, which I think is a main offender for me, but there must be others as well.

I went through a period a couple years ago after our dispensaries took off and varieties became numerous and documented that I started having this issue where I never felt anxious or paranoid while I was high, but the next day I would have these excruciating physical panic/anxiety feeling without any emotional content. So, without feeling emotionally anxious, I was having the physical symptoms of a big adrenaline crash or other indicators of panic that in no way corresponded to how I felt emotionally. Totally bizarre and unnerving.

Over time I've gravitated to a short list of weeds that have no adverse effects along this line (usually), and if I do consume some that will cause a reaction, i get the emotional feelings as well, and at a manageable level. I usually have something around (GDP is best, or Northern Lights) that will alleviate anxiety. If I have successfully nipped it in the bud, I can go on and in fact will feel no adverse effects the next day. I tend to avoid CBD for this purpose now, though it will almost always help. I'm a bit paranoid now about its seeming ability to mask problems rather than ease them, so I really only use it when I feel good but want to move towards sleep.

Weird shit.

GoldenBud

Ghost Train Haze
The strongest weed I have ever had probably. so Psychadelic. a lot of clouds. but even too strong. I can totally understand what you're saying.
Brings the option to make enormous clouds, enormous.
*depends which pheno/buds, but the right pheno will be 100% american muscle style

Tellus

I think it was Ghost Train Haze that really suggested this to me, as I could feel it actually making me hate everything. It has guaiol, which I think is a main offender for me, but there must be others as well.

I went through a period a couple years ago after our dispensaries took off and varieties became numerous and documented that I started having this issue where I never felt anxious or paranoid while I was high, but the next day I would have these excruciating physical panic/anxiety feeling without any emotional content. So, without feeling emotionally anxious, I was having the physical symptoms of a big adrenaline crash or other indicators of panic that in no way corresponded to how I felt emotionally. Totally bizarre and unnerving.

Over time I've gravitated to a short list of weeds that have no adverse effects along this line (usually), and if I do consume some that will cause a reaction, i get the emotional feelings as well, and at a manageable level. I usually have something around (GDP is best, or Northern Lights) that will alleviate anxiety. If I have successfully nipped it in the bud, I can go on and in fact will feel no adverse effects the next day. I tend to avoid CBD for this purpose now, though it will almost always help. I'm a bit paranoid now about its seeming ability to mask problems rather than ease them, so I really only use it when I feel good but want to move towards sleep.

Weird shit.
I don't usually experience anxiety from cannabis, anymore. I did occasionaly ~15 years ago but very seldom now so I can't relate but I'm happy you've found which types you can use

I'm curious if there are terpenes more common now than before and if so which ones? Especially since aroma and flavor are big things and I guess growers and suppliers sell on those

Tellus,

GoldenBud

I'm curious if there are terpenes more common now than before and if so which ones? Especially since aroma and flavor are big things and I guess growers and suppliers sell on those
it's not the terpenes that cause anxiety i assume (not sure), it's the strains themself.. very high THC
the terpenes concentration is also higher than 10-20 years ago

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
it's not the terpenes that cause anxiety i assume (not sure), it's the strains themself.. very high THC
Unfortunately this under-researched. Some interesting studies have just come out that say THC is probably only a component of anxiety, if at all. Which certainly tracks with the experience of a lot of people. I think it is one of the reasons people continue to believe the indica/sativa myth.

the terpenes concentration is also higher than 10-20 years ago
I think I'm going to need a citation for that.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Tellus

GoldenBud

I think I'm going to need a citation for that.
it is known that if THC concentration is higher within a strain/pheno/buds, also the terpenes content must be higher (another mechanism of the female plant to be attractive for the male plant to be closer or be sticky for seeds)

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom