• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Storage

andrew`124c41+

Code:
On or about April, 1965, I was at the Guys and Dolls Pool Hall on 79th and Broadway and scored my first nickel bag of weed. It came in a small envelope, folded in half and with the glue flap sealing it... Stems, seed and all. The weed remained in there (not particularly long) until it was consumed.

Cut to today with our rocket fuel powered stuff.

How does everyone store it. POTV sells these cool little jars but they are made of plastic.

When I first started up again not long ago, as soon as I got my flower, I ground it all which I'm retrospect was probably not a good idea.

I have been looking at Mahagony humidors... But the item I am thinking might be best are the little metal latching or screw top cans that hold a humidity pack.

I figure as long as it does not turn brown and become moldy, the stuff is so potent if it loses potency no big deal.

So, what is everyone doing with respect to storage?

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: jeffp

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Code:
On or about April, 1965, I was at the Guys and Dolls Pool Hall on 79th and Broadway and scored my first nickel bag of weed. It came in a small envelope, folded in half and with the glue flap sealing it... Stems, seed and all. The weed remained in there (not particularly long) until it was consumed.

How does everyone store it. POTV sells these cool little jars but they are made of plastic.

When I first started up again not long ago, as soon as I got my flower, I ground it all which I'm retrospect was probably not a good idea.

I have been looking at Mahagony humidors... But the item I am thinking might be best are the little metal latching or screw top cans that hold a humidity pack.

I figure as long as it does not turn brown and become moldy, the stuff is so potent if it loses potency no big deal.

There are a bunch of already active threads on storage, here is just one:

andrew`124c41+

There are a bunch of already active threads on storage, here is just one:

I tried searching for this and came up blank! Thanks

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'll throw a boveda in my Jyarz, no problem. There are several different size boveda packs. I prefer Satchmo and Big Pappi when humidifying, as they both have enough space for the packs and a hygrometer.

Planck

believes in Dog
Mason jars are worth considering for 1/8s and up.
Wide variety of sizes, work great and affordable.
I like smaller containers then Jyarz for my ground herb.
I have lots of strains so grind only small amounts.

If the sizes work Jyarz are a good product.

andrew`124c41+

Mason jars are worth considering for 1/8s and up.
Wide variety of sizes, work great and affordable.
I like smaller containers then Jyarz for my ground herb.
I have lots of strains so grind only small amounts.

If the sizes work Jyarz are a good product.
So is it really better to grind just before use?

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Planck

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
As per above.
Ditch the boveda packs imo. If properly dried and cured no need for them. I have herb over 18 months old and other than a little colour loss no real change in humidity. Key is to not keep opening jars. As a jar empties I put the contents in a smaller jar.
So I store in 1 litre kilner, transfer to jam jar for use over the week and into small jayrz if I'm keeping a little ground. Rarely is ground herb stored for more than a day.
Would love to have access to 30 strains. I have about 6 at moment (all home grown).

Last edited:

ejackyou

Hamilton
Code:

Code:

'Airscape' by Planetarydesign.com

ejackyou,
Reactions: Ramahs

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I like both the cvaults and the jaryz but jaryz is definitely noticeably more expensive

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Ramahs

Zipford

So is it really better to grind just before use?
For something like the Tinymight, where you want to pack herb into the stem just tight enough that it doesn't fall out, fresh ground seems to stick together better, seemingly because it has more moisture than herb ground days earlier.

For storage, as long as the containers it comes in are smell-proof, and so far all of them have been, I just add a Boveda pack and call it a day.

Zipford,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I use regular mason jars for ounces or larger ( keep covered in a cool cupboard)
I also,like the Re:Stash jars ( basically mason jars with silicone sleeves and a fancier lid)
I use the jyarz Sarchmo and classics for smaller amounts
I keep ground herb in my grinder/s I use through the day

I use boveda packs on old cannabis, if you refresh them I find they work really well.

andrew`124c41+

After using both for awhile now I find that I don't like Cvault. The top of one does not screw on right going past the stop and does not seal. I just wrote to the company to see if they will replace it.

The Jyarz are really great. Today I am supposed to receive some classics and another of the larger ones.

I looked on Amazon for the Infinity Jars. They look pretty good but I suspect the Jyarz combo glass and plastic can't be beat

15 ml..or half an oz seems pretty small but I get why they are being used. I don't think a Boveda pack will fit in one of these.

I like the Boveda packs. I tried the recommended manner of recharging them which works.

I ground up a 1/4 of Pain Killer XL with less than 0.8 percent THCa and put it in a Jayrz with a couple of small Bovedas.

Even with such a small percentage of THCa after a month I have noticed no loss in potency. Interesting to see what will happen over time.

In terms of simplicity, I have been pre grinding my herb and storing it. I suspect the stuff is so potent that in the end after a couple of years of storage, there won't be any difference in potency. We shall see.

andrew`124c41+,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My preference is the smaller Jyarz that holds 8ths of different strains and the larger miron glass jars bought on Amazon for CBD flower, ABV, etc.

jeffp,
Top Bottom