Cannabis News

Okla68

Did they have quadruple shot espressos back in the 60's? Or was it just Folgers drip?

I ask, because you can fucking die from a caffeine overdose. It's also more addictive than weed.

Anytime I hear FUD about high potency cannabis, my only thought is: "show me the bodies".
As far as research goes, No One has Ever Died from Cannabis use directly.

Pukka

As far as research goes, No One has Ever Died from Cannabis use directly.
You may wish you died if you green out enough, but you are correct, no one has ever died from O.D.'d on cannabis.

Unfortunately I don't think I can espouse my opine on the federal government and marijuana and not get booted from this here enjoyable place so I'll just say ... "Roll another one, just like the other one. You've been holding on to it, and I sure would like a hit!"

Gunky

When I showed up as a freshman at my college dormitory in 1970 there was a notice on a bulletin board explaining that marijuana was now far more powerful than it used to be and warning us about the dangers of 'bad trips'. 50 years later they are still saying this shit!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Did they have quadruple shot espressos back in the 60's? Or was it just Folgers drip?

I ask, because you can fucking die from a caffeine overdose. It's also more addictive than weed.

Anytime I hear FUD about high potency cannabis, my only thought is: "show me the bodies".

Yuppers.

JBone65

I can see where a young newbie might get his/her hands on a joint of super strong sativa, then wreck their parents car. Not sure if the risk of that happening is the same or higher today than it has been all along.

Pot has always been illegal for teens but old-timers like me got away with all kinds of stupid shit, like driving inebriated, which only serves as a bad example for todays "yute". Lots of issues to consider, the changing world versus an animal house mentality.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Know your MSO (multi-state operators) and their brands... here's an example of what's in MA:

IMG-1060.jpg

IMG-1061.jpg

IMG-1059.jpg

IMG-1058.jpg

IMG-1057.jpg

IMG-1056.jpg

IMG-1055.jpg

IMG-1054.jpg

IMG-1053.jpg

:science::peace:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I remember seeing these graphs when Box Brown shared them. I believe he is the one who made them originally. Back then I was struck how Canopy Growth is fucking huge. Especially because they are essentially a Ponzi scheme. Now that Cresco and Columbia Care are merge there is another giant brand. (Although I think they missed their deadline).

These graphs are not just helpful to know which brands to avoid, if possible. They are also very useful when talking to your state reps about cannabis. Any one of these shows the clear case for home grow, if you state lacks that.

I look how smart legislation that prevented MSO lobbyists from limiting the market in California, Colorado, and especially Oregon caused Curaleaf to pull out of those states. The market stayed strong and they took their mids with them. :-)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Big Marijuana to the Rescue !! just let big Marijuana rule !
I take it these are garden-variety, sarcastic, "shaking your fist at the sky" type statements....?

These graphs are not just helpful to know which brands to avoid, if possible. They are also very useful when talking to your state reps about cannabis. Any one of these shows the clear case for home grow, if you state lacks that.
Exactly why I posted them...
:tup:

I've been getting cheap ($15-20) local 1/8ths lately of the brand "Road Tripper" to hold me over til a Maine run and it says it's Sira Naturals flower. Now Sira was one of the first medical dispos here and actually had comparatively good though expensive flower at the time. So now I found out that whatever crap Sira grows and doesn't want to put on their shelves, they off load to this brand owned by AYR Wellness that distributes it all over the state... that way they don't have their name all over it, just in the fine print on the back. They buy from many vertically integrated dispensaries in the state and "Road Tripper" is their boof brand.

AYR Wellness probably owns Sira Naturals outright now anyway, and I could easily find out but I don't really care... I never go there anymore even though their ounce pricing is a third of what it was 2 years ago. Fuck MSO. All of 'em. The ones that grow only grow mids at best. Period. They don't give a shit about patients, medicine or even quality, only the bottom line... the epitome of being "only in it for the money."

ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH
(If it's important to you)

Last edited:

C No Ego

I take it these are garden-variety, sarcastic, "shaking your fist at the sky" type statements....?
pretty much yes ... and basically those companies are blocking all newly made hemp progress... big marijuana hates lowly hemp , its too cheap t- the hemp , not gonna support huge corporate take homes
Exactly why I posted them...
:tup:

I've been getting cheap ($15-20) local 1/8ths lately of the brand "Road Tripper" to hold me over til a Maine run and it says it's Sira Naturals flower. Now Sira was one of the first medical dispos here and actually had comparatively good though expensive flower at the time. So now I found out that whatever crap Sira grows and doesn't want to put on their shelves, they off load to this brand owned by AYR Wellness that distributes it all over the state... that way they don't have their name all over it, just in the fine print on the back. They buy from many vertically integrated dispensaries in the state and "Road Tripper" is their boof brand.

AYR Wellness probably owns Sira Naturals outright now anyway, and I could easily find out but I don't really care... I never go there anymore even though their ounce pricing is a third of what it was 2 years ago. Fuck MSO. All of 'em. The ones that grow only grow mids at best. Period. They don't give a shit about patients, medicine or even quality, only the bottom line... the epitome of being "only in it for the money."

ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH
(If it's important to you)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ever wondered? They didn't find out until a couple years ago...:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
As horrible as it sounds, maybe it's shit like this that needs to happen to scare the fuck outta the feds and finally cave to the inevitable...?

I pay cash for product anyway, cuz of this ridiculous state... come to think of it, I always have. While it no doubt sux for others, it ain't gonna affect me too much, personally...

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not logical that a company would tell a large contingent to Not use their product.

Fwiw, I have used a debit card at several shops in Massachusetts going back a few years now, even at a gray market store in NY.
MC act like they just found out about this, and omg!!

I hope this is some kind of precursor to a change in status quo.

vapviking,
Reactions: Bologna

Okla68

None of the 30+ Dispensary's that I have been to here in Tulsa Oklahoma will accept Any plactic cards...Most have a ATM in the Outer portion (public) of the store to facilitate Cash Only purchases.

Okla68,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom