Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

This Company Will Pay You $42,000 a Year to Smoke Weed

As the industry expands and legalization spreads to more and more states in the US, jobs in the industry are likely to become more plentiful. That includes jobs like this one from Vaped.com. The company is looking to hire a full-time remote vaporizer tester, offering $42,000 a year and three weeks of vacation. There's also a $250 a month expense account to procure products to put in the vaporizers being reviewed. You'll also be getting a lot of vaporizers.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

This Company Will Pay You $42,000 a Year to Smoke Weed

As the industry expands and legalization spreads to more and more states in the US, jobs in the industry are likely to become more plentiful. That includes jobs like this one from Vaped.com. The company is looking to hire a full-time remote vaporizer tester, offering $42,000 a year and three weeks of vacation. There's also a $250 a month expense account to procure products to put in the vaporizers being reviewed. You'll also be getting a lot of vaporizers.
Looks like they want the person to do videos.....the job description (See below) fits the majority of the FC folks. Who knew we were all training for one of those new 2021 industry jobs? Proof cannabis is creating jobs and contributing to our economy. Most of FC has been doing this job for free for years, including buying their own herb.

I wonder how many applicants provided a resume where the first paragraph says, "Pick me! I'll do it for the monthly allowance and the free vapes". I know of at least one. :brow:

"I need someone who is confident to take over reviews, someone who knows the difference between a Volcano and an Xmax Starry. Who understands what each customer is looking for. So if you are someone who is passionate about vaporizers and has the ability to create well produced, helpful videos and write-ups on the vaporizers. I want to hear from you. I think it’s an amazing opportunity for somebody, and I look forward to us working together."

His_Highness

The Cannabis Industry's Next War: How Strong Should Its Weed Be

Ridiculous.....if the legislator's are so smart how come they don't realize that if you cap it people will just use more. Maybe that's the idea in some cases as cannabis investment goes mainstream....do we need to follow the money?

Every primary care doctor who has ever prescribed me something in pill form has prescribed a strength that allowed me to cut the pill into more than one dose when possible TO SAVE ME MONEY. Cannabis should be approached similarly.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Ridiculous.....if the legislator's are so smart how come they don't realize that if you cap it people will just use more. Maybe that's the idea in some cases as cannabis investment goes mainstream....do we need to follow the money?

Every primary care doctor who has ever prescribed me something in pill form has prescribed a strength that allowed me to cut the pill into more than one dose when possible TO SAVE ME MONEY. Cannabis should be approached similarly.
Exactly right. And agree, its a health issue. I'm in my mid 70s and was a long time smoker of both weed and cigarettes, resulting in weakened lungs. If I can get my good head in one or two tokes rather than five or six, its much easier on ye auld bronchial apparatus and alvioli. So I look for the stronger--more THC--flower and concentrates. At the high end its sometimes a bit more expensive but no loss of flavor. Around here(adult Maine and Mass) that's been around 20%. Before the border closing, on my way to my place in Newfoundland, the last two or three years I'd been stopping at CannaNB stores which had stuff up to 28%, which was one toke stone for me.

Tranquility

Titration.

It's why even an experienced user can get trashed on edibles. If you're used to getting where you want to be a puff at a time, you can titrate your dose and get in the right zone. With edibles, you can't really tell until an hour or two after and by then you're already on the ride and can't get off.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Neat idea, Canna Bumps: Thanks for keeping marijuana illegal

A new cannabis product made waves this past week, and not in a good way. Canna Bumps, a “snortable” powdered cannabis concentrate packaged to look like cocaine, caught the eye of a few industry leaders.

They tweeted their reactions—pretty much a chorus of So gross!—and by the weekend, Weed Twitter was piling on.
Canna-Bumps-HAYMAKER-featured-image.jpg

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Watch out for my upcoming article (long in the making) titled :

The Cannabis Industry is FULL OF BS....

The industry is all the proof you need that using cannabis does not make you smarter.....and for many there seems to be the opposite effect...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Neat idea, Canna Bumps: Thanks for keeping marijuana illegal

A new cannabis product made waves this past week, and not in a good way. Canna Bumps, a “snortable” powdered cannabis concentrate packaged to look like cocaine, caught the eye of a few industry leaders.

They tweeted their reactions—pretty much a chorus of So gross!—and by the weekend, Weed Twitter was piling on.
Canna-Bumps-HAYMAKER-featured-image.jpg

I dont get the hate I think thats hilarious

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't hate it, I think it is stupid and bad for the industry. Cannabis and cocaine are nothing like one another and why would someone want to associate them? It is a really dumb idea that can only hurt our efforts to mainstream cannabis. OK, maybe I DO hate it.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I don't hate it, I think it is stupid and bad for the industry. Cannabis and cocaine are nothing like one another and why would someone want to associate them? It is a really dumb idea that can only hurt our efforts to mainstream cannabis. OK, maybe I DO hate it.

Just to be clear by the "hate" I was referring to the responses the article was reporting about

Meh. Idk, all kinds of novelty things exist. Yeah I mean definitely poor taste if you're out for lunch and you start railing lines off the table with a family of 5 next to you... but as a funny gag thing among friends, I could see getting a few laughs out of it. Part of the humor to me is the irony of cannabis and cocaine being two entirely different substances.

All kinds of stupid shit is created around booze. As weed gets more and more "accepted" we're gonna start seeing a bunch of ridiculous products that somebody thought up with the hopes of making a few bucks.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Both are inanimate organic based substances that humans enjoy consuming.
Both also get assigned characteristics which are impossible given what they are.......good,bad.
🙃

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I would be interested in trying the powdered cannabis. I used to like doing lines. So, if this really works, then it might be fun. Why not? I don't give a shit what the anti-drug shit-head asshole opposition thinks. Fuck em. They are all piece of shit assholes anyway.

I used to be one of those piece-of-shit assholes anyway. So, I would know. I had stupid religious reasons for my shitty views back then, just like all the other stupid reasons people may have for being that kind of asshole.

His_Highness

I would be interested in trying the powdered cannabis. I used to like doing lines. So, if this really works, then it might be fun. Why not? I don't give a shit what the anti-drug shit-head asshole opposition thinks. Fuck em. They are all piece of shit assholes anyway.

I used to be one of those piece-of-shit assholes anyway. So, I would know. I had stupid religious reasons for my shitty views back then, just like all the other stupid reasons people may have for being that kind of asshole.
Agreed!

Still....we do need to recognize that one of the cannabis concepts we've been fighting for decades is that its a gateway drug. The optics on snorting a white substance is going to trigger those who have issues with coke, heroin and fentanyl. The majority of those triggered are, as you mentioned, stupid AND many are voters and politicians.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Feds Announce New Standard THC Dose To Be Used In Marijuana Research, Effective Immediately

A top federal health agency announced on Friday that it has determined the standard dose of THC that should be used for marijuana studies moving forward.

The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) said in a notice to researchers that there is a “new requirement to measure and report results using a standard THC unit in all applicable human subjects’ research,” which is effective immediately. That standard unit is five milligrams of THC.

blackstone

Wrigley sues makers of candy-copying weed products over trademarks| Reuters

Mars Inc's Wm Wrigley Jr Co has filed lawsuits in Chicago and California federal courts against several sellers of cannabis products that allegedly imitate its packaging and infringe trademarks of its Skittles, Starburst, and Life Savers brands.

Chicago-based Wrigley also said in the Monday complaints that cannabis companies that use candy-company trademarks create a risk for children, who could confuse the products for its candy, and that it sued in part to protect the public from dangerous business practices.

"At Mars Wrigley we take great pride in making fun treats that parents can trust giving to their children and children can enjoy safely," a Wrigley spokesperson said in an email. "We are deeply disturbed to see our trademarked brands being used illegally to sell THC-infused products."

Named defendants Terphogz LLC, Packaging Papi LLC and 2020ediblez didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Two of the three complaints – one in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and another in the Central District of California – alleged that seven sellers including Packaging Papi, 2020ediblez and others have been offering "Medicated" Skittles, Life Savers, and Starbursts as well as "Cannaburst" edibles.

The products have nearly identical packaging to Wrigley's candies, are likely to confuse consumers and pose a "great danger to the public," the complaints say.

The third complaint, also filed in Chicago, said Terphogz's use of the name "Zkittlez" and a knock-off of Wrigley's "Taste The Rainbow" slogan to sell cannabis products and paraphernalia has been "enormously successful," with Zkittlez goods commanding a 20% premium compared to similar products on the cannabis market.

Candy Giant Mars Wrigley Sues Cannabis Brands For Copyright Infringement - High Times

Tranquility

I think the candy companies have a point here. It's one thing to call a strain "skittles" or something as no one will get confused with a bag of tangy treats. Having a bag of tangy treats be "medicated" seems like you're taking some of the value for yourself and creating some harm for the underlying brand.

scooby-snacks-cheese.jpg

Tranquility

They have a peptide for that.

It seems like using medical cannabis has side effects--like memory issues. They're experimenting on anti-weed:

Peptide could allow medical marijuana to relieve pain without side effects
...According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 20% of adults in the U.S. experienced chronic pain in 2019. Opioids, the mainstay for severe pain management, are effective, but patients can easily become addicted to them. In some studies, medical marijuana has been helpful in relieving pain from migraines, neuropathy, cancer and other conditions, but the side effects present hurdles for widespread therapeutic use. Previously, researchers identified two peptides that disrupt an interaction between a receptor that's the target of THC and another receptor that binds serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates learning, memory and other cognitive functions. When the researchers injected the peptides into the brains of mice, the mice had fewer memory problems caused by THC. Now, this team, led by Rafael Maldonado, David Andreu and colleagues, wanted to improve these peptides to make them smaller, more stable, orally active and able to cross the blood-brain barrier....

Top Bottom