Cannabis News

C No Ego

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Marijuana advocates vow to smoke pot and get arrested on steps of U.S. Capitol
Dozens of activists, including some military veterans, plan to light joints Monday on the steps of the U.S. Capitol - federal land where committing the offense could draw a sentence of up to a year in jail - as part of an effort to urge a reluctant Congress to support marijuana legalization.

"Monday @ High Noon" reads a flier for the event, calling on Congress to also remove marijuana from the nation's list of most-dangerous drugs. "Mass Civil Disobedience @ 4:20p - East Side of the US Capitol."

Baron23

19-year-old Utah man denied double-lung transplant after THC found in his system

A Utah man was denied his request for a lung transplant after doctors found THC, the chief intoxicant in marijuana, present in his system.

Local news station KSL reports that 19-year-old Utah resident Riley Hancey was denied a spot on the University of Utah Hospital’s transplant waiting list after a test revealed that he had recently smoked marijuana.

However, the story does have a happy ending, as the Hancey family tells KSL that the University of Pennsylvania agreed to perform a double-transplant. He is currently in recovery after surgery in Philadelphia.

Well, I'm glad that some medical professionals still see their job as one of the 'caring' professions. Fuck those assholes in UT.

Baron23,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Life is a bitch:
Paying taxes in cash, marijuana companies have a lot to hash out with IRS

It's Tax Day. No company likes handing money over to the tax collector, but for Oakland-based Harborside Health, settling up with the Internal Revenue Service represents a unique kind of headache. Like many successful retail operations, Harborside — which brought in $44 million in revenue in 2016 — owes millions of dollars in taxes to federal, state and local governments. Unlike most other companies, Harborside has to count and hand-deliver those millions of dollars to the IRS and other authorities in cash.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Some of the Parts: Is Marijuana’s “Entourage Effect” Scientifically Valid?

The idea that botanical marijuana creates a synergistic chemical effect, fingerprinting the experience with “uplifting” or “relaxing” or “munchy” notes, is highly contentious. “The lay public has really taken on the notion of the entourage effect, but there’s not a lot of data,” says Margaret Haney, a neurobiologist at Columbia University and cannabis researcher.

C No Ego

The idea that botanical marijuana creates a synergistic chemical effect, fingerprinting the experience with “uplifting” or “relaxing” or “munchy” notes, is highly contentious. “The lay public has really taken on the notion of the entourage effect, but there’s not a lot of data,” says Margaret Haney, a neurobiologist at Columbia University and cannabis researcher.

thc/ cbd, etc... are all the same compound throughout the species structurally speaking.. without all the other terpenes, thc/ cbd is not that effective..
here is a great article explaining other plants that target G-coupled recepptors
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664820/

and the greatest info of all time regarding entourage effect=

Taming THC

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Attorney General Sessions Is an Extremist on Marijuana
by Nancy LeTourneau
April 21, 2017 7:02 AM

28754205634_a37fec6206_k.jpg
Gage Skidmore/Flickr
Here is Attorney General Jeff Sessions at a Senate Hearing on April 4, 2016:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/855079956396867587 (video)

Of course, this is the same guy who recently said that marijuana is “only slightly less awful than heroin” — which is not only false, but dangerously so.

Yesterday, in honor of 4/20, CBS released a new poll on American’s attitudes about marijuana. The numbers demonstrate that Sessions is out on a limb on this topic.

Sixty-one percent of Americans think marijuana use should be legal, a five-point increase from last year and the highest percentage ever recorded in this poll. Eighty-eight percent favor medical marijuana use.

Seventy-one percent oppose the federal government’s efforts to stop marijuana sales and its use in states that have legalized it, including opposition from most Republicans, Democrats, and independents.

Sixty-five percent think marijuana is less dangerous than most other drugs. And only 23 percent think legalizing marijuana leads to an increase violent crime.

But just as important, here is what CBS found that relates to what Sessions said at that hearing last year:

If I was writing for a left-wing equivalent of Breitbart, I might have titled this piece, “Sessions Says that Half of Americans Are Not Good People.” But that is not my style. Suffice it to say that, on the issue of marijuana, the current Attorney General is an extremist. This issue is quickly going the way of marriage equality and sooner or later the retrogrades like Jeff Sessions are going to find themselves (to use an apt metaphor) “blowing smoke.”

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Sessions reminds me of Elmer Fudd. He kinda talks like him. He's always wearing a hat too big for his little head that houses his small brain. The cannabis community couldn't have a worse person as Attorney General. He will be fighting recreational cannabis the whole time he's in office and I'm afraid he will be screwing with medical too. We are going to need to keep a close eye on him.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right. While I would love to believe that "the will of the people" is what is likely driving this industry forward, I am not gullible enough to even speculate that were it not for the potential of tax revenue (and BIG revenue) this "movement" would be going nowhere.

Even more so at this particular moment in time...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's all about how much money the states can make them in taxes. It's a cash cow for WA state. I have no doubt our lawmakers would never have OK'd it. They would have put up obstacles because of Fed law.

My state is increasing fees for cannabis producers. A yearly increase in their license fee.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I worry a bit when legal states get a little ... not sure the right word, maybe obnoxious about it, that it empowers the haters a little. Like the business in CO that has "drive through service". I get that that should be just fine, but it is kind of flaunting something that many will continue to dislike and be uncomfortable with, for no meaningful benefit (that I can see).

Once the industry is more established and less of a target all things are possible, but I can see folks who are generally supportive becoming less so if they perceive the industry taking advantage or "going too far". And I can certainly see someone like Sessions feeling something like this is a finger in his eye.

http://time.com/4745692/marijuana-drive-through-parachute-colorado-weed/

C No Ego

I hope the concept of States' Rights and realization of tax windfalls will propel legal States to fight.

the amount placed on cannabis $$ is from an illegal for 80 plus year standpoint... that completely changes when it's legal.... no way to charge prohibition prices any more... there should be better incentive for legalizing like " just do not put that guy in jail" OK type incentives... or turning failed prisons into cannabis grow ops like the Marley family did in Cali

Baron23

Well written and balanced article, IMO. Thanks

If I was writing for a left-wing equivalent of Breitbart, I might have titled this piece, “Sessions Says that Half of Americans Are Not Good People.” But that is not my style. Suffice it to say that, on the issue of marijuana, the current Attorney General is an extremist.

I agree with you on this.

Sessions reminds me of Elmer Fudd. He kinda talks like him. He's always wearing a hat too big for his little head that houses his small brain. The cannabis community couldn't have a worse person as Attorney General. He will be fighting recreational cannabis the whole time he's in office and I'm afraid he will be screwing with medical too. We are going to need to keep a close eye on him.
LOL Actually he reminds me of ios Strother Martin as the warden in Cool Hand Luke cause with Sessions I definitely think we have a failure to communicate. I hear you, Carol, but I also think Sessions is spitting into the wind if he tries to roll back MJ legalization at the state level. I believe he will run into a political buzz saw and it couldn't happen to a nice guy. LOL

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Illinois lawmakers push to legalize recreational marijuana
by Marcella Raymond

Legal recreational marijuana will be part of Illinois’ future. It’s a matter of when, not if.
That’s the message from lawmakers backing legislation to fully legalize and regulate pot, and the coalition of groups lining up to support the bills.

State Senator Heather Steans and Representative Kelly Cassidy, both Chicago Democrats, were joined by members of the Coalition for a Safer Illinois this morning at the Thompson Center in the Loop. They gave reporters details on the General Assembly’s first hearing on Senate Bill 316 and House Bill 2353.

They say prohibition hasn’t worked with marijuana and it’s time to get gangs and drug cartels out of the market which generates violent crime.

Allowing adults to possess, grow and purchase up to 28 grams of weed would also generate millions of dollars in tax revenue.

Cassidy cited surveys that show 66 percent of Illinois voters support legalization.

Joining the lawmakers were representatives of Clergy for a New Drug Policy, the Marijuana Policy Project and Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

The ACLU, NORML and other legal, medical and community groups are also part of the coalition.

Tried to get the video in there but couldn't do it, so here is the link...
http://wgntv.com/2017/04/12/illinois-lawmakers-push-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana/

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Indian tribes fear Trump will be a buzzkill for their marijuana business
But as the issue divides Indian Country, tribes seeking to cash in also face growing fear that their efforts may be for naught, with the Trump administration hinting that it will crack down on pot sales.

“We have to be worried,” Doctor said. “They could cut our health funding. They could cut our education funding, our policing. Everything we do is based out of D.C. at the end of the day, so you have to err on the side of caution when getting into this industry.”

Top Bottom