Cannabis News

tokinGLX

ive been meaning on posting this up, but have been pretty darn busy lately. no worries tho, here is avideo of the medical marijuana march that went on during the dnc here in denver a couple days ago hours before obamas acceptance speech.
we had a great turnout for the march, it was a lot of fun.
http://vimeo.com/1624585

tokinGLX,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Nice One Tokin, I wish i could see that in OZ, I like the guy out in front repeating united we Stand, divided we fall, Never truer words said. I kind of wish we could mobilise on the "Right" to practise Free Religion Front as well as medical combined to Shore up Overall support for a better world. To me Forcing people to accept "Mainstream" Approved Religion is offensive initself, Let alone forcing Politicised Medical techniques or Philosophy upon individuals.

Just because i reject most if not all religions Outright, does not mean i forfiet The right to Practise My very own Religious beliefs. :leaf:

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool! Did you check out that free Rage concert?

Good stuff. :)

vtac,

tokinGLX

vtac said:
Cool! Did you check out that free Rage concert?

Good stuff. :)
d'oh!

thats about what i said, except i used a lot more expletives and said them for a good couple minutes straight when i remembered about the show.

yup, thats right. i spaced it out, TOTALLY forgot about it the day before/of it happening.

tokinGLX,

max

Out to lunch
"Editorial: Drug Dogs Don't Have ESP, or What's Wrong with Judges Today?

This week I write an editorial that could be written almost any week. What's wrong with judges today?

In Washington, a state where medical marijuana is legal, a judge decided that it isn't. That's technically not what happened, but for all intents and purposes it really is. Judge Anna Laurie convicted patient Robert Dalton for marijuana growing, because she didn't agree with Dalton's doctor's decision to recommend marijuana to him. Where did Judge Laurie go to medical school? How incredibly arrogant of her to play doctor. And how atrocious too -- Dalton, not a well man, could get up to six months in jail. As his attorney told the press, no patient in Washington is safe, if judges will behave that way.

In Sarasota County, Florida, a judge threw away the exclusionary rule for no good reason. A drug dog with the sheriff's office, Zuul, comes up with false positives in vehicles he sniffs half of the time. Judge Charles Roberts ruled that was good enough to justify police searching a vehicle -- but for a very special reason. Judge Roberts was swayed by the state's argument that every time they didn't find drugs, someone in the car admitted to using or possessing drugs in the recent past.

What?!?!?!?!? Along with the clear fishiness of the claim, what does past drug use, even recent, have to do with a drug dog's ability to tell whether drugs are in a car in the present? It would make more sense to argue that police were succeeding in profiling likely drug possessors, and that catching them with drugs actually in the car half of the time is a good enough percentage to justify a search. I would disagree with both those arguments -- partly because it would imply a 100% profiling success rate, which is not very likely, partly because I don't think 50% is good enough -- but it would make more sense than the argument actually used.

In effect the police and prosecutors attributed a "sixth sense" to their drug dog, beyond the sense of smell, enabling the dog to sense which cars don't have drugs in them, but whose owners have used drugs. But dogs don't have extra-sensory perception -- at least the law does not consider them to -- and a sitting judge should be able to recognize when an argument so obviously doesn't make sense.

So what is it that can cause an adult judge to play doctor, or to tacitly endorse a theory of canine "ESP"? Maybe it's that the war on drugs is spectacularly illogical in and of itself, but as judges they get immersed in it each day. To maintain a logical state of mind during drug cases would require judges to consciously acknowledge the corruption of the system they serve in, and the extent to which the law has turned them into perpetrators or at least enablers of injustice, a reality anyone might repress. And one thing gone wrong in the mind leads to another.

I'm not sure if that is really what's wrong with judges today, but something is wrong for all of this to be happening. Enough of overreaching, enough of twisted logic or no logic, enough of corrupted standards and intellectual integrity tossed to the wind. Judges need to stand up for truth and reason, and do so now, or they abdicate their status as arbiters of morality and justice. Wearing a robe to work and carrying a gavel isn't enough."

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/553/drug_dogs_dont_have_esp

max,

max

Out to lunch
This is great! Shows the ridiculous lengths the government has gone to in order to fight (continue to lose :rolleyes: ) the drug war. And this is a conservative judge. I'd love to see someone try to find some logic to debate this judge's points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4zmGUr9O5s

max,

High n Dry

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19634608/detail.html

Student Arrested After Smoking Joint During Pro-Pot Essay At School

Posted: 10:43 am PDT June 2, 2009Updated: 11:23 am PDT June 2, 2009
PURDY, Wash. -- A student presenting an essay at Peninsula High School in Purdy on Tuesday morning took out a marijuana joint, lit it, and began smoking it, police said.

According to Pierce County sheriff's detective Ed Troyer, the student smoked the joint during his essay supporting the legalization of marijuana.

He then finished his essay, sat down, finished smoking the joint and then ate the end after it was fully smoked.

The teacher of the class contacted the school resources officer, a Pierce County sheriff's deputy, who found a small residual amount of marijuana on the student, Troyer said.

The student, a 17-year-old junior with a 3.7 grade-point average, was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana by Pierce County deputies and booked into Remann Hall in Tacoma.

High n Dry,

max

Out to lunch
I hope he doesn't need financial aid for college. It could affect him if he has a scholarship offer too.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I wonder what the fuck the teacher was thinking, letting him finish the doob in class..... 'pass the dutchie to the left hand side!' :D

SpiralArchitect,

Evil1

There was an interesting article recently written by Joe Klein in TIME mag.
Reckons 47.5% of arrests are mj related and its a $14 billion dollar crop in California (taxed at 10% thats $1.4 billion for the state. Not to mention the millions saved prosecuting the dope arrests).
Also said that the US has 5% of the worlds population but 25% of its prisoners - mostly drug related crime.
Did anyone else read it ?

Evil1,

Beezleb

RI becomes 3rd state allowing marijuana stores
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6483493.html

PROVIDENCE, R.I. Rhode Island become the third state in the nation Tuesday and the first on the East Coast to permit marijuana sales to chronically ill patients, a decision made over the objections of Gov. Don Carcieri.

State lawmakers voted overwhelmingly to override a veto last week from the Republican governor, who warned the system could put people at risk of federal prosecution, would encourage illegal drug use and send conflicting messages to children about substance abuse.

House lawmakers voted unanimously to override Carcieri's veto, while the Senate voted 35-3 to make the bill law.

"This gives a safe haven for those who have to go into the seedy areas to try and get marijuana," said Rep. Thomas Slater, D-Providence, who suffers from cancer and plans to smoke the drug for pain relief. "I think that this center will definitely help those who most need it."

Slater received a standing ovation on the House floor.

Patients can buy marijuana at stores in California, while New Mexico in March granted a license to a medical marijuana grower. Karen O'Keefe, director of state policies for the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, said the 13 states that have legalized medical marijuana are making a shift toward state-licensed production and distribution.

Such legislation is being considered in Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, while a ballot initiative is being circulated in Arizona. In November, Maine voters will decide whether to permit marijuana dispensaries in their state.

"Combining regulated distribution with provisions for patients to grow a limited quantity for themselves is the best way to ensure safe access for patients, with solid safeguards to prevent abuse," O'Keefe said in a written statement.

In 2006, Rhode Island began allowing chronically ill patients registered with the state Department of Health to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana in usable form and 12 plants. But the state never created a legal way to buy marijuana, and patients here have reported being robbed or beaten when trying to buy it from street dealers.

Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, but U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has said the Obama administration will not target dispensers that follow state law.

Beezleb,

Purple-Days

All I needed to see was TAX. Didn't watch at the moment... the beat goes on, indeed. :lol:

So, these 'new' TAX workers, uh, do they need permission to go into your bedroom closet? And what other than a grow light might they find? :2c:

And where the ffuucckk is the tax on tomato plants? :rolleyes: :D

Purple-Days,

lwien

Americas High

Can we afford to make pot legal? Can we afford not to? The case for and against legalized pot. An AC360 special, Tonight 10 ET.

lwien,
Top Bottom