• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis hangovers

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Does anyone ever notice they get hangovers the next day after they vape?

I feel like I'm real foggy-minded and not sharp at all and come to the point where I can't consume Monday through Friday on work days.

I'm wondering if I start vaping at lower temperatures if that would improve it? Any suggestions on a cure or how to prevent?

Laantje

I've been avoiding vaping outside the weekends for the same reason. Ever since I got a 40 hours a week office job I've starting noticing the exact same thing. Whenever I vape the day before work I notice that I'm less social the next day and it also affects my motivation. I can clearly notice a difference whenever I did not consume anything the day before.

I've been searching around the internet about this subject and it appears to me that its pretty common. I've been reading about different methods to reduce the hangover, but none of them worked effectively enough for me to make it worth it so in the end I've decided that I'll just vape in the weekends (or when I've got a day off) only.

Some methods I've been reading about are:
- Avoid indica in the evening
- Stay hydrated after vaping and before going to bed
- Don't consume 1 to 2 hours before sleeping

For me its kind of hit or miss, sometimes I barely have the hangover and other times its really bad. However, the methods mentioned above did not give me any significant results. I think its just the way your sleep quality gets affected by weed, you tend to fall asleep faster but the quality might be worse after consuming which affects your energy level the next day.

cosimo

I feel like I'm real foggy-minded and not sharp at all and come to the point where I can't consume Monday through Friday on work days.

I'm wondering if I start vaping at lower temperatures if that would improve it? Any suggestions on a cure or how to prevent?
it happens to me with edibles, but not with vaping. i vape at low temps, not sure if that is why.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I've been avoiding vaping outside the weekends for the same reason. Ever since I got a 40 hours a week office job I've starting noticing the exact same thing. Whenever I vape the day before work I notice that I'm less social the next day and it also affects my motivation. I can clearly notice a difference whenever I did not consume anything the day before.

I've been searching around the internet about this subject and it appears to me that its pretty common. I've been reading about different methods to reduce the hangover, but none of them worked effectively enough for me to make it worth it so in the end I've decided that I'll just vape in the weekends (or when I've got a day off) only.

Some methods I've been reading about are:
- Avoid indica in the evening
- Stay hydrated after vaping and before going to bed
- Don't consume 1 to 2 hours before sleeping

For me its kind of hit or miss, sometimes I barely have the hangover and other times its really bad. However, the methods mentioned above did not give me any significant results. I think its just the way your sleep quality gets affected by weed, you tend to fall asleep faster but the quality might be worse after consuming which affects your energy level the next day.
Exactly the same for me
it happens to me with edibles, but not with vaping. i vape at low temps, not sure if that is why.
I'm starting to think that's why I usually go to pretty dark AVB and thinking about lowering the temperature.
May I ask what temps are you vaping at?

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

if you take a cannabreak of like 25 days, it may happen to you. it happend to me a month ago
also, when i replaced the strain, it happend again
edibles... it can happen.. hydro 11 thc is like 10x stronger than d9 thc or so

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

EU... I've got a CBD(A) that tastes like Sewerage and its photo in the website looked much better than real buds I've received.. bah..the organic THC(A) buds are great but pricey

GoldenBud,
Reactions: florduh

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Coming from a background of crippling alcohol hangovers (no longer praise jah!) I find THC hangovers relatively comfortable. It's the price I pay for sleeping through the night without PTSD related nightmares. It's a case of feeling a bit dopey versus 4 hours sleep and being too frightened to get out of bed in the morning. Also, I find the buzz of a morning coffee on top of the residual THC works well for me.
Completely appreciate how some people might need a sharper focus for their particular job though.

cvs8floz

I feel that cannabis should be enjoyable and not produce adverse health effects such as coughing and hangovers. THC is quite a powerful drug, you have to use it in moderation, I mostly use 1:1 THC:CBD strains where THC is in the 8-12% range, I only vape nights through water using a B1 @ 580F. You should feel good the next day, the residual effect from the previous night's session should put a little smile on your face and you should already be looking forward to your next nightly session. I can tell immediately if I did too much the previous night and always regret it. The key is to find the right balance and stick with it, especially if you are using every day.

cosimo

May I ask what temps are you vaping at?
Sure no problem...
On an Argo Im usually at 180C and I never go past 185C; on an OG Enano never go past level 6.5 ( a friends enano is on low side of heat production son on his enano I have to set it at max 7 or 7.5); on a WoodScents with a VVPS my max is 8.33 volts, but usually vape at arround 7.5 volts. I mostly vape flower and dry. Recently started using my WS through water at max 9.5 volts, normally at 8.7 volts.

cosimo,

3dayphunk

Can't say I ever have a THC hangover and enjoying vaping a little bit right before bed. Certainly from alcohol or when I mix them though. Perhaps it's just an amount thing you need to keep your eye on and try less.

3dayphunk,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Texus

The crash can also depend on strains too IME. But not something I've looked at closely enough to make any strain recs

Texus,

Zipford

Can't say I've ever experienced this, and recently took a t-break and still didn't notice much difference even in tolerance.

Trying lower temps makes sense, also maybe different strains and/or strains with more CBD? Indica seems to be heavier, maybe more sativa? Again, don't have any first hand experience with this, but maybe changing some of those parameters might help?

Zipford,
Reactions: Sparkpug

hinglemccringleberry

What on earth is a cannabis hangover? I am so sorry that happens to you, that sounds horrible but I wouldn't know

IMG-20221125-101631-155.jpg

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
i recently had to switch to indica as my sativa stash ran out, and am regretting it. It pushed me to get off cannabis for a while- had enough of the mental fog and short term memory BS.

Last edited:

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
In my experience the brain fog tends to only be really noticeable if you are partaking intermittently, as daily use makes it just the norm, however minimal (or not) the effects are. I'd rather hear from a frog than a fish about what being underwater feels like. I operate best with once or twice a week being my limit but everybody is different.

Also wanted to plug this thread as it may be of interest: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...withdrawal-symptoms-via-endocannabinoid.3398/

cptofnthng

Sleeping more helps too. I also have weed hangovers every day. Not vaping an hour before sleep helps me, as well as mixing in cbd for the last hit. In rare cases of short nights, lots of weed and early rising its Sometimes really bad at work i have to confess. Flickering moments, fadind concentrations for a few hours into the day. With a nap at lunchtime (im self employed) and Lots of Coffee one can go through with it, but its annoying.

cptofnthng,

Gnome34

Coming from a background of crippling alcohol hangovers (no longer praise jah!) I find THC hangovers relatively comfortable. It's the price I pay for sleeping through the night without PTSD related nightmares. It's a case of feeling a bit dopey versus 4 hours sleep and being too frightened to get out of bed in the morning. Also, I find the buzz of a morning coffee on top of the residual THC works well for me.
Completely appreciate how some people might need a sharper focus for their particular job though.
I'm with you. Weed has allowed me to quit drinking. Compared to how fuzzy and slow my brain was off of alcohol weed hangovers are not an issue.

Coffee in the morning and I'm good to go. At the peak of my alcohol abuse I couldn't drink coffee due to gerd symptoms. A little over a week off of alcohol and no symptoms, back to drinking coffee every morning and decaf at night! Life is good 👍.

darbarikanada

after years of vaping ~1x/week, the aftereffects (for me at least) are pretty consistent:

- the next day I'm still a little high, but coffee, fresh air and exercise clear my head ~90%
- I usually experience a dip in my mood starting ~3 days after getting high; that lasts 2-3 days, so I'm back to mood equilibrium after ~6 days

YMMV (to put it mildly)

Top Bottom