• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Gummies

MegaMan2k

I heard coconut oil has the highest absorbtion rate of all fats, but i dont have any sources to back that up other than ive had really good results with coconut oil myself.

I will decarb rosin mix that with a small amount of coconut oil, cool it so it becomes hard like a rock, break it into small pieces and then just swallow the pieces 1 at a time or as needed with water (like a pill) you wont taste it all this way, but the effect still comes on fast. 10-20 minutes for me depending on when and what i ate prior .

daoist

according to that link a few posts back coconut oil has the least amount of infusion. So i am almost postive that it has to do with the amount of "unsaturated" fat in the oil.

shredder

Ok thanks for that info. I already was on that website before but i see still numbers of 96% infusion rates.
I guess it has to do with saturated fats vs non saturated fats ratios. Although i can't really tell that for sure. Anyone got any thoughts on what oil would be best. I personally use either rice oil or peanut oil because thats what i use for cooking also. And i think olive oil is overpriced and overrated and not to be used for cooking.
When you dig into the numbers, the highest infusion rates were with small amounts of herb, the greater the amounts the efficiency goes down it seems.

I'd go with whatever oil you like and not worry about small differences.

Another point is a 20% dispensary bud.

While one sample probably tested at that rate i seriously doubt every bud they sell off that plant is 20%.

For estimating I use 15% for buds, 750mg per gram of rosin, and 600mg/gr for my sift hash.

All these numbers are just estimates, without testing it gives me a baseline to work with.

Edit the good thing about coconut oil and mct oil is it goes directly to the liver, so it comes on quicker than other oils that have to be broken down

daoist

Sorry for hi-jacking the gummibears. But I made some oil this weekend and I made it with buds that i picked apart byt hand rather than grinding it,
I have the feeling that coarly handpicked bud gives me a much cleaner body-stone and a better head high.

Have you tested this out as well? I was just curious.

daoist,

shredder

750mg seems high for rosin unless its hash-rosin imo.
I used a dispensary average. And remember it's an estimate to establish a baseline. Not intended to be 100% accurate. And most of my rosin is hash rosin now that I make sift hash.

shredder,

MegaMan2k

the other day i made 200 gummies in 3 different potencies 16,32,40 mg, in less than 30 minutes,
After air-dry on the rack they are dry and not sticky at all,

At this point i personally dont see any reason to go thru the whole process of making ur own gummies from scratch

(Unless u are doing some kind of large scale production ofcourse)

MegaMan2k,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
At this point i personally dont see any reason to go thru the whole process of making ur own gummies from scratch

Compared to what, jello gummies?
The benefit to homemade is the flavor and texture are closer to commercial products like Haribo. IME Jello mix doesn’t have enough flavor to stand up to cannabis oil and still taste like candy.

If you make them from scratch you’ll see just the temperature you bloom the gelatin at can make a difference. Also cooking a sugar syrup to the “soft ball” stage has a considerable impact on the final texture. That’s one of the main aspects of real gummies that you can’t really do with jello mix. Even with all the modifications, kool aid packets, fruit juice concentrates, etc.

invertedisdead,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Compared to what, jello gummies?
The benefit to homemade is the flavor and texture are closer to commercial products like Haribo. IME Jello mix doesn’t have enough flavor to stand up to cannabis oil and still taste like candy.

If you make them from scratch you’ll see just the temperature you bloom the gelatin at can make a difference. Also cooking a sugar syrup to the “soft ball” stage has a considerable impact on the final texture. That’s one of the main aspects of real gummies that you can’t really do with jello mix. Even with all the modifications, kool aid packets, fruit juice concentrates, etc.
I think he's talking about the method he posted on the previous page. I need to try this!

I have a simply method :

1) Use store bought gummies, they have to be the type thats coated in sugar i recommend Sour Patch Kids for good absorbtion
2) I normally use concentrates for easy calculation on the potency, if i add 1 gram of rosin i will expect that to be 650mg thc at 65% potency.
3) Mix 1 gram of decarbed-rosin with 6ml of MCT-oil,
4) This shjould give you a total of 140 drops depending on the size pipette used, 650/140= 4.6 Mg Thc/drop,
5) Align gummies on a parchment lined tray, Use your pipette to distribute 1 drop on each gummy
6) Place the tray in a dust free area and position a clean fan to blow on the tray for about 30min
7) Turn the gummies on the other side and distribute another drop on each gummy and leave with the fan blowing agian for 30min
8) Result should be gummies containing the amount of 9.2Mg Thc/piece .

If you dont have any oils and are going to be using herb then i would guess 4-5 grams would be equal the amount of thc that 1 gram of rosin holds. Depending on the quality on the herb ofcourse.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think he's talking about the method he posted on the previous page. I need to try this!

That would make more sense with his timeline!

I was looking through my notes on gummies and have one saved that was an alternative to that tincture method, using distillate and food grade lemon essential oils to dilute and "drop" onto store bought gummies.

The tincture dropped gummies always seemed to hit faster than other gummy preparations, possibly getting some sublingual effects going on.

I'm way too lazy to make scratch gummies again but I would definitely make "dropper" gummies again because the work to reward is smooth sailing ⛵⛵⛵⛵

The lower the MG, the better. I highly recommend capsules for heavy dosages where the flavor of gummies starts getting gross. The distillate recipe above is designed to not really add any flavor though if you can track down raw distillate.

MegaMan2k

@Cheebsy
Yes i was referring to the method i posted, its just so easy cant recommend it enough :D

@invertedisdead

I find when i do it with rosin i get a really awsome taste of cannabis/candy that will stick around in the mouth for a little while after eating the gummy, some times reminds me of the flavor i get from vaping some bubblehash on low temp

Distillate can have its own little nasty-ish taste but not very strong and the gummies mostly over-power it even at moderate to high dosage/drop

The real issues comes if you are doing like a alcohol extraction on some really larfy trim and the yield is tar-black oil with very poor taste, those gummies will get you stoned but taste straight up like crap and leave a horrible taste lingering in the mouth afterwards.

For dilution ive been using some very clear oil basically transparrant and completely tasteless, im not sure what its called, my friend who owns a headshop/extract shop just gave it to me when i asked for something to make edibles with and he said it was intended for the purpose and that it wasnt mct oil, can try and find out the exact name of it.

Sounds very interresting with the lemon essential oils too, i wonder if that stuff has enough fats in it to absorb it probably, i have never seen the consistency of it myself is why i ask.

daoist

You should be carefull with essential oils though since some can be toxic when you eat it. not sure how that works or which brand would be the best oil. just be carefull.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
you can probably use lemon extract too, which is mostly alcohol. The note saved on my phones says "worlds easiest gummies"
I have a few different notes saved, but I don't remember ever making these lemon oil versions, but it sounds like it would work and lemon seems like a good flavor to pair with gummies, especially sour ones.. Im a little into formulations, there is a possibility I came up with the recipe myself as a theory 😂 now I'l have to whip some up and see......

shredder

You should be carefull with essential oils though since some can be toxic when you eat it. not sure how that works or which brand would be the best oil. just be carefull.

I did some research on sweet orange oil recently. It's used for flavoring candies and as a cleaner. The difference in applications is the dose.

In my mct/feco infusion I add 1 drop orange oil to 100 drops of mct oil. And a typical dose for me is 4-6 drops.

I use it for 2 reasons, one it helps hide any weed taste and more importantly it adds limonene, a terpene known for uplifting energetic effects.

BTW lemon oil has limonene as well but at a lower level than orange oil.

hazykitchen

Hi! Sorry I’m so late on this!!
The most important step I can recommend is making a round of gummies with no weed in them first to see how many you get with your molds/recipe. If you have larger molds, you will get less gummies and need to use less weed. If you have smaller molds you will have more gummies and need more weed!

Try the recipe below with your molds and see how many you get, then take your total gummies x 10mg each to see how many mg of THC you need total. Then put it into this equation:
___mg total / %THC (decimal form) / 1000

For example:
240mg total / .12 (aka 12%THC) / 1000 = 2 grams needed

The recipe I used for gummies is:

3 oz flavored gelatin (aka jello)
1/2 oz unflavored gelatin (you can get packets of this at walmart!)
2 tbsp cannaoil
4 tbsp water

1. Combine water and oil in a double boiler until oil is melted and mixture is warm

2. Add in both flavored and unflavored gelatin and mix with a fork until it has all dissolved
*note* the oil will sit on top of the mixture at first, but after about 5 mins of heating and stirring it will mix in!

3. Pour into molds and refrigerate until solid.

4. Remove from molds and leave out on a plate overnight so they can dehydrate a little and get more gummy!

I made a YouTube video which is linked elsewhere in this channel/forum/whatever this is called if you want to watch that for step by step instructions! Hazy Kitchen is the channel name if you’d like to look it up:)

daoist

So cool that hazy kitchen is here. nice of you to join the forum.
I ordered some of those magical butter silicon trays to make gummy because of your video.

How much liquid can fit in a 12 piece version of the magical butter gummy tray? does anyone happen to know?
I ordered 4 of them, because i usually make 4 different oils with 4 different strains, but I can also just make a lot of one strain.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A friend brought by some Kushy Punch gummies yesterday - a recreational cannabis company in California - lol I can't believe people buy these things, I've made better gummies with Mexican jello and cheap trim BHO.

Interesting thing is you could tell they are directly packaging in the little square moulds themselves. The consistency really suffered because of it, gummies usually need air drying to improve the chewiness and texture. These were just soggy and unimpressive. Made me want to whip up a batch of real ones!

I found my revised gummy recipe, but I should probably try making another batch before posting it. I remember putting a lot of work into it as I'm a bit of a gummy connoisseur, if there is such a thing lol. I think knowing what I know now, I simply wouldn't make ass kicking gummies, I would keep the dosage really low to not affect flavor as much as possible, and if you have to eat ten of them to get a buzz, who cares. Probably more enjoyable than one nasty one. I think there are better edibles for high dosages, like capsules; but gummies seem like a good "micro dose" type edible as the portions are consistent.

Larrytreez

I actually used @hazykitchen recipe with some modifications. I was worried my oil wasn't potent enough so I used almost a half cup of canna oil. I also used tablespoon of liquid lecithin. Came out the closest to a real gummy yet. Great recipe. Next time I need to make more potent oil. Thanks for great recipes

daoist

you can calculate the amount of mg real easy. for example 1 gram of 20%thc weed has 200mg thc in it. If you use olive oil it has an absorbtion ratio of 96% (according to ardent website), so the oil would have 192mg thc. And if you make 10 gummies each gummy would have 19mg thc.

Nowadays i don't make edibles anymore but i take oil sublingual. That works a lot faster because i feel the effects within 5 minutes.

shredder

you can calculate the amount of mg real easy. for example 1 gram of 20%thc weed has 200mg thc in it. If you use olive oil it has an absorbtion ratio of 96% (according to ardent website), so the oil would have 192mg thc. And if you make 10 gummies each gummy would have 19mg thc.

Nowadays i don't make edibles anymore but i take oil sublingual. That works a lot faster because i feel the effects within 5 minutes.

I use 80% infusion rates for two reasons.

For one, ardent got high results using small amounts like .5 grams in an oz of oil. Something similar to what we do, but not exact, and two, a plant's buds don't all test the same. Even if a plant had top buds testing 20% the lower buds won't test that high. So if I read they test out at 20%, I use 17-18%. So to round things off and not be disappointed in the final product I tend to estimate conservatively. Without actual testing I find this works fairly well.

shredder,

daoist

Well i use 96% absorbtion ratio with olive oil numbers from the ardent site. it works fine for me.
i use 2 gram of flower in about an oz of olive oil. i used to make it with different oil but olive oil works the best.

But you do what you like. if you don't have a test machine it is going to be a guestimated number anyway.
i just posted the calculation method so people know how to calculate to mg.

daoist,
Top Bottom