Cannabis for stiff muscles

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I know that the consencus is that cannabis helps relax stiff muscles, but does it only do so while high? Meaning consuming strong indicas in high enough doses for long enough won't make a difference when you're not under the effects, right?

Followup: does tolerance play into the muscle relaxing effects? Say a typical dose to relax muscles is 12mg thc (made up figure), but to get high someone needs 30mg thc, does that mean they won't get the muscle relaxing effects unless they consume a higher amount?

Basically I need a deep tissue massage but not paying for one :)

BestBuds

The Dude
For me the muscle relaxation is only in effect while I am under the influence of cannabis.
I can take a nice hit from my vape and I will feel my neck, back, whatever, start to settle in and pop and crack their way back into place within seconds.

As far as tolerance is concerned I would watch this video if you are worried about that specifically

Cannabis is a herbal medicine if used as such. But like most herbal medicines they are best when taken in moderation. That said sometimes that's not an option. I use daily for chronic pain. Multiple times a day. It keeps me from swinging from a rope.

What will change is the high. You will not get that "Oh shīt! Time is broken" kind of high. It's more manageable,and for me at least I can do anything high now. That sucks because sometimes I wasn't that kind of super high high but it's not possible.

Herbs like this open a magical door. When you first open it you can't believe the wonders of it all. When you have done it hundreds of times you stop noticing the magic behind the door....

And then one day you start to ramble.... Ok I'm going to finish this bowl and go to bed. Good night FC! :lol::zzz:

C No Ego

I know that the consencus is that cannabis helps relax stiff muscles, but does it only do so while high? Meaning consuming strong indicas in high enough doses for long enough won't make a difference when you're not under the effects, right?

Followup: does tolerance play into the muscle relaxing effects? Say a typical dose to relax muscles is 12mg thc (made up figure), but to get high someone needs 30mg thc, does that mean they won't get the muscle relaxing effects unless they consume a higher amount?

Basically I need a deep tissue massage but not paying for one :)
initial effects will not be re-realized but latent phytocannabinodis that are not directly signaled initially will later ignite as you exert your self and create exertion on your cells... latent phyto metabolites will release and express... this is a lower form of expression but there none the less... heart doctors have claimed that latent effects could be up to a month to help the heart that long from just one dose of cannabis...
Dr David Allen has some great research on that

C No Ego,
Reactions: BestBuds

C No Ego

@C No Ego Sorry, didn't understand
cells create endocannabinoids on demand... they are not stored but instantly created via enzymatic Amides and epoxides like fatty acid amide hydrolase ( FAAH) and monoacylglycerol ( MAGL) when the demeand for them is there.
phytocannabinoids are already formed signalling metabolites that do not need to be self cleaved from the cellular phospholoipid bi-layer in order to metabolize into the retrograde cannabinoid signal . when we ingest exo cannabinoids they will either metabolize or be a free flow metabolite available whenever ETC....
if phytocannabinoids are adhered to cellular leaflets then they will serve as the cannabinoid signal when the signals are needed ETC... exerting yourself will create more cannabinoid production as the cells turn on and fire those signalling metabolites for homeostasis response... adhered phytos will them fire ETC....
a few reports - metabolism of anandamide, open questions after 25 years https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28611591 select full article if you want to read more than the intro
omega three - https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
an last - cannabimimetics - https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cannabimimetic-phytochemicals-in-the-diet-–an-evolutionary-link-to-food-selection-andmetabolic-stress-adaptation-Gertsch-Medical-Cannabis-Medical-Research-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

Top Bottom