Cannabis Cup 2011

eLiguL

Just wondering if anyone else from FC is going to the cup this year?

I was planning on buying a bunch of oil while im over there and unbeknownst to me, oil's are illegal in Amsterdam...... Although I have read that some places sell butters and jellies, I hope these things work in the Omicron lol.

eLiguL,
It's in the wrong city again! :mad: :lol:

Not going myself,but a friend is there,giving a luminary speech. :cool:
Who will be visiting the Cali connection booth on my behalf,i just gotta have me an omicron too. :)
To avoid dissapointment,i wouldn't count on finding any decent filling for it in the shops though,you might,but you just as well might not.

Have fun in Holland!

Havelock Vetenari,

eLiguL

Ya im beginning to think that as well about the oils.

But I was able to find this link and it seems the Terminator at Basjoe is infact BHO, 50Euro a gram.

It would cost me $70CAD for a gram of BHO from a MOM I would be using so I think its reasonable, at least this way I wouldnt have to pay for shipping? Just airfare and lodging, haha.

eLiguL,

lepstadder

I was in the dam about 5 yeas ago and oils were not allowed then.

The jellies were terrible, honestly most of the stuff was not that great. premature , not dry, sub quality,

The best stuff we found was at a grow shop, we were bitchin about all the crappy weed and a guy pulls out a duffel bag with probly 5 lbs in it and was like "this is what i grew its okay" he pulls out a few handfuls and sets it on the counter, about 20grams, and was all like "here you go try it out" still not A++ but cant complain, it was much better than what the shops offer

Good luck stay safe and have fun!!

lepstadder,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haven't been to one in two decades I think, could be fun to have a look again sometime. Doubt I'll make it this year though.

Have fun anyways, and thanks for that link eLiguL!

OhTheAgony,

eLiguL

lepstadder said:
I was in the dam about 5 yeas ago and oils were not allowed then.

The jellies were terrible, honestly most of the stuff was not that great. premature , not dry, sub quality,

The best stuff we found was at a grow shop, we were bitchin about all the crappy weed and a guy pulls out a duffel bag with probly 5 lbs in it and was like "this is what i grew its okay" he pulls out a few handfuls and sets it on the counter, about 20grams, and was all like "here you go try it out" still not A++ but cant complain, it was much better than what the shops offer

Good luck stay safe and have fun!!

I keep hearing that from so many people, that the weed is subpar in the Dam. My main focus will be on concentrates anyway so im not too concerned. Although I would like to sample some hard hitting hazes just so I have a reference point for a banging sativa. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes!

OhTheAgony said:
Haven't been to one in two decades I think, could be fun to have a look again sometime. Doubt I'll make it this year though.

Have fun anyways, and thanks for that link eLiguL!

I hear this may be the last cup in the Dam, the Dutch government is pushing hard for reforms in regards to the cannabis laws. They only want Dutch citizens to have the right to purchase cannabis and not tourist. Kinda shooting yourself in the foot in terms of tourism if you ask me.

Im glad you found the link useful and im sure this will be a trip I will remember for a long time.

:D

eLiguL,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hi Guys,

I should be there on Sunday night, leaving on monday late afternoon! ;)

See you there!

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Do you guys have a stand there yourself G., or are you going as a customer?

eLiguL said:
I hear this may be the last cup in the Dam, the Dutch government is pushing hard for reforms in regards to the cannabis laws. They only want Dutch citizens to have the right to purchase cannabis and not tourist. Kinda shooting yourself in the foot in terms of tourism if you ask me.

Im glad you found the link useful and im sure this will be a trip I will remember for a long time.

:D

It's more the local governments along our borders that are pushing this. Or more specifically, Maastricht.

Our government advised them just last week to postpone their plans until January 2013 at least, not sure they listen though.

I personally don't really care for drug tourism. I don't have a problem with relaxed folks that just want to smoke a joint in our coffeeshops, but especially some of the French drug runners are really aggressive in their methods and have caused a many problems over here with their criminal behavior. Those guys are the ones who are ruining things for all of you. I'd rather they put that energy towards getting mj legalized in their own country so I can enjoy my herbs over there as well without watching my back all the time ;)

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Going there for business... no booth/stand yet! I have a few vape related appointments to assist to! ;)

FLskwat,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
take pictures

please?

maybe think about making your own oil. You only need to find good herbs then, and 5x filtered butane. my tube is simple 3/4 copper pipe with a small piece of SS pot scrubber in the lower end, and a cap with a small hole at the top end, it's so cheap and easy I don't care if I have to throw it away.

VWFringe,

eLiguL

VWFringe said:
take pictures

please?

maybe think about making your own oil. You only need to find good herbs then, and 5x filtered butane. my tube is simple 3/4 copper pipe with a small piece of SS pot scrubber in the lower end, and a cap with a small hole at the top end, it's so cheap and easy I don't care if I have to throw it away.

Ill be snapping lots of pix but I dont think im gonna try and make BHO while im there, :lol:.

Sourcing out equipment while im on vacation isnt something im going to be doing. Getting high and drunk is top my priority list.

I have confidence if I ask around I will find what im looking for, only 24hrs until take off!

eLiguL,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Not going to The Cup but am a regular visitor to Amsterdam. It is unfortunately true that a lot of what you get in the coffee shops is sub-par, but if you go to the right places you can get some goodies. Also, no oils to be had, but you can find some good iceolator/bubble hash from 30-50 euro a gram.

A few coffee shops I think are worth visiting for good gear are The Grey Area, Amnesia and Dampkring. One more thing, never feel shy about asking to see the product before you purchase it 'cos they won't feel shy about taking your hard earned cash and giving you schwag in return!

Have fun all that are going and give us a run down of any new interesting strains you encounter.

J.R.R.Tokin',

eLiguL

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Not going to The Cup but am a regular visitor to Amsterdam. It is unfortunately true that a lot of what you get in the coffee shops is sub-par, but if you go to the right places you can get some goodies. Also, no oils to be had, but you can find some good iceolator/bubble hash from 30-50 euro a gram.

A few coffee shops I think are worth visiting for good gear are The Grey Area, Amnesia and Dampkring. One more thing, never feel shy about asking to see the product before you purchase it 'cos they won't feel shy about taking your hard earned cash and giving you schwag in return!

Have fun all that are going and give us a run down of any new interesting strains you encounter.

Have you been to 1e Hulp? On their menu they actually advertise BHO.

Worse case scenario is I buy some iceolator hash @ 74microns and hope it doesnt clog up my Omicron.

Registration is at Barney's this year, I hope they throw in some smokable goodies.

eLiguL,
eLiguL said:
I don't think they do,could you have taken the BIO for BHO perhaps?
Don't want to be a pain,but for you to avoid the disappointment,you might wanna take a second look. ;)

Havelock Vetenari,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
eLiguL said:

No, never been, but have been going to the Dam for the last 17 years and never seen BHO on any menus! Not saying it doesn't exist, just that maybe I'm always too crossed eyed to notice!

eLiguL said:
Worse case scenario is I buy some iceolator hash @ 74microns and hope it doesnt clog up my Omicron.

What a great Worse Case Scenario, if only all WCS were that tempting!

eLiguL said:
Registration is at Barney's this year, I hope they throw in some smokable goodies.

Hmm Barneys do have some goodies...Vanilla Kush, Utopia Haze, G13...fingers crossed for a warm-up pre-sample!

@ Havelock Vetinari...Terry Pratchett? Where's the pic from, one of his books? (soz for the off topic)

J.R.R.Tokin',
I'm pretty sure it never has been on any publicly viewable menu,since it could spell closure for the shop,so it's not likely anything to do with your 'Clarence-level'. ;)
And yes,big fan of Terry Pratchett naturally(who isn't and if so why not in the name of Offler :p)!
Love the Discworldseries and all his other works,great reading and well-stocked with nicks and motto's etc.,there are a few other caracters floating about on several fora. ;)
As i have sadly read all of him,i have actually started the discworldseries for the second time around(in between new books from other authors),still has me smiling on every page,highly recommended. :)

Have to admit i nicked the pic of the web(given the size of it and it's already prolific appearance,guessed/hope it falls under fair use) and had to look up it's original heritage,which was The Pratchett Portfolio.

@ELiguL
You there yet? :)
Hope you're having a good time!

Havelock Vetenari,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So was in Dam from Sunday night till Tuesday afternoon.
A little post to let you know a very well known US glassblower with a Marvel-ish brand name :D had some BEAUTIFUL Silver Star Haze wax available for the connoisseurs :cool:
It was a nice event and we had fun!

FLskwat,

eLiguL

FLskwat said:
So was in Dam from Sunday night till Tuesday afternoon.
A little post to let you know a very well known US glassblower with a Marvel-ish brand name :D had some BEAUTIFUL Silver Star Haze wax available for the connoisseurs :cool:
It was a nice event and we had fun!

I really wish I saw this when I was over there, things could have been very different with my Omicron.

Thanks anyway for the heads up FLskwat.

eLiguL,

Larby

Havelock Vetenari said:
eLiguL said:
I don't think they do,could you have taken the BIO for BHO perhaps?
Don't want to be a pain,but for you to avoid the disappointment,you might wanna take a second look. ;)

you're wrong my friend !!!:)
we sure do have the BHO (we=1e Hulp)
so next time take a better look ;)

Larby,
Top Bottom