Cannabis Containers in the Wild

Buzzbomb Almighty

Packaging for mail is fairly serious, it's bagged in foil ziplocks and bagged and vacuum sealed and bagged again and boxed, sometimes bubble wrap. But that's nothing compared to the over the counter packaging in licensed dispensaries. I've never bought from one, but I see lots of the containers laying around. Every single joint or gram is in plastic tubes or tubs or bottles; totally unnecessary imo. Imagine how much of the cost is in all that wrapping! To be ecologically responsible and make the price competitive they should have an option to just walk in with your little jar and have your pot weighed out for you. I was in an illegal dispensary in BC that was just a little room with a door off the street, no sign or anything, and inside was just a counter and an old man on a stool with a scale, a big bag of dope and a box of ziplocks. No choice because he usually just had whatever of his crops was ready at the time, but you can't beat the convenience and $50/quarter or $200/oz was compatible with the street price. I asked him what strain it was and he just laughed "I don't know, and I grew it!" Names can be over-rated and his kush was very good. The 2 young men I talked to at a quasi-medical dispensary in the same town didn't really know much even though they were "budtenders", and wanted hoops jumped through so I didn't waste any time there. I was skeptical about legalisation because I didn't trust the government not to cock it up. I'm glad it happened, but it's taking them a long time to get it right.

ginolicious

The Americans really know how to passage their weed. Would love a couple of those jars so long as it actually keeps the pot fresh like mason jars.

Canadian packaging not that nice. Let alone after you unseal it, it’s all down hill from there.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Still illegal here so I am paying 650 a quarter lb. Material is decent I can get good herb for 300 an oz but the little bit of extra quality it has is not worth the double the price. I'd buy an oz of cookies for $220 all day plus the packaging is better than the Avengers zip lock bags lol

iDRINKBLEACH,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

Kins

110 for half a z isn't bad at all. Especially if it's top quality. You get what you pay for. Sure you could get a cheapo $100 ounce but the quality is going to crap and you're going to be paying for a lot of stems.

Kins,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
View attachment 4103

I sell this here for.$100.00 a oz.
Not too stemmy and I reckon it will do in a pinch.
:razz:

In California that would probably sell for $100 an 8th lol..... we've had a medical program since 1996 and prices are still sucky. It's possible I live in a vacuum but I swear prices have gone up since recreational passed. The only thing that's come down is dabs, flower is way up.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Doesn't even come in a container...hence the $100 price tag!
Ziploc in a folded over brown paper bag is as fancy as I get.
😋
In California that would probably sell for $100 an 8th lol..... we've had a medical program since 1996 and prices are still sucky. It's possible I live in a vacuum but I swear prices have gone up since recreational passed. The only thing that's come down is dabs, flower is way up.
Now why is this in a capitalist system?
No competition and government cronyism results in a thriving black market everywhere it has ever happened.
There has yet to be any actual freedom associated with cannabis that I am aware of.
Pay to play is ALL our government understands.
😤

Top Bottom