• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis and pregnancy

stinkytofus

Gf claims any cannabis use while trying to get pregnant will be very bad for the baby's development and normal function

What is your take ?

What is your personal experience ?

I would assume... Smoking it would definitely be a NO, more carbon monoxide present, chances for birth defects is same as smoking cigarettes

Vaping or eating seems safer but...

Her main issue is thc could possibly affect the development of the baby, last thing she wants to deal with is a baby thats disabled in any way form or function

Thanks

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
My wife just stopped all forms during pregnancy and all of breast feeding. 3 times the hero whilst I sat there vaping on the terrace.
We had no idea or information wrt safety in any form so the safest in our view was to stop. As per alcohol.
I'm in no way preaching here, just recounting our experience. Good luck.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
In terms of research I don’t know that there is a ton out there. I can’t imagine that your girlfriend is wrong in that cannabinoids would have some effect on a developing fetus, but to what extent and whether they are “bad” or not I can’t say.

Ultimately your decision, but until the research advances substantially it seems like the safest bet would be for her to abstain for the duration of the pregnancy. I would imagine that it would be terrible to even have to ask if it’s your fault in the event of an atypical birth.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I dimly remembered that there was a study made in Jamaica that compared babies from women who smoked cannabis vs. babies from cannabis free women, while searching for it I stumbled over an article about said study; apparently that research had some dubious outcome, but →the article is still an interesting read.

Last edited:

C No Ego

I dimly remembered that there was a study made in Jamaica that compared babies from women who smoked cannabis vs. babies from cannabis free women, while searching for it I stumbled over an article about said study; apparently that research had some dubious outcome, but →the article is still an interesting read.
Melanie Dreher is the lady who did the research in the eighties ... there have been thousands of Jamaican mothers to ingest the plant since while pregnant

C No Ego,

cpl5938

Seems like the question is about conceiving rather than being pregnant. Not sure there’s enough data around that.

cpl5938,
Top Bottom