Cannabis and Memory--vaping vs smoking

cascades

There are studies suggesting some negative effects on memory from smoking cannabis
https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-does-cannabis-affect-your-memory

The thing is: those studies generally don't differentiating between folks that vape, smoke, use sublingual tincture or those that only use edibles.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051012231439.htm
The thing is: we have evidence there are similar negative effects from smoking tobacco.

It seems really plausible to me the effects of vaping vs. Smoking really might be markedly different in this area.

cascades,
Reactions: C No Ego

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If it is the THC it should be significantly worse with vaping since its such a more effective delivery mechanism for cannabinoids.

This part of the article made me :lol:

Reto Auer, a professor at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland and the study’s main author, said they looked at nearly 3,400 Americans over a 25-year period. Testing verbal recall, they found that users who smoked every day could, on average, recall 8.5 out of every 15 words. In contrast, those who smoked much less or didn’t consume at all could recall 9 out of every 15 words.

Tranquility

Reto Auer, a professor at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland and the study’s main author, said they looked at nearly 3,400 Americans over a 25-year period. Testing verbal recall, they found that users who smoked every day could, on average, recall 8.5 out of every 15 words. In contrast, those who smoked much less or didn’t consume at all could recall 9 out of every 15 words.
Why does that make you :lol:? It seems statistically significant.

Tranquility,

C No Ego

If it is the THC it should be significantly worse with vaping since its such a more effective delivery mechanism for cannabinoids.

.5 of a word would a be a syllable ... like Huh or it, or is

C No Ego

There are studies suggesting some negative effects on memory from smoking cannabis
https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-does-cannabis-affect-your-memory

The thing is: those studies generally don't differentiating between folks that vape, smoke, use sublingual tincture or those that only use edibles.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051012231439.htm
The thing is: we have evidence there are similar negative effects from smoking tobacco.

It seems really plausible to me the effects of vaping vs. Smoking really might be markedly different in this area.

this= for PTSD ... this is why cannabis helps with PTSD

C No Ego,

cascades

To look at that you'd need to control for total cannabis intake _and_ the greater efficiency of vaporilzers per gram of flower.

However, I think if you did this, I think we'd see thtere are specific negative effects that have to do with CO and other chemicals generated during the smoking process.

cascades,

Robert-in-YEG

Pretty much everyone agrees that cannabis affects memory, but it is the same with other drugs.

The first time I was prescribed benzos for use during the day, it came with noticeable cognitive decline. Over time, as my body became more tolerant, cognition and memory improved.

Cannabis is similar for me. Tolerance makes a big difference in terms of cognition and memory. Like benzos, you adjust, but there likely is some level of impairment. The big difference is that benzos linger in the mind and body.

If I am vaping, within 90 minutes, I am feeling stable, another 30 minutes and I'm pretty much back to normal.

When it is medical consult your doctor. When it is recreational, make sure you are informed, and that might include talking to a doctor.

Robert-in-YEG

depressing-quotes.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Flow

.5 word out of 15 is significant ??? huhuhu that's 1 out of 30… under 4%, and that's a "contrast" ?
I guess stoner's must have ponctuate their sentences with an appropriate "Yo", "Maaaan", "Bruh", or whatever to get a "half-word" less…

To my point, sleep is my best indication.
When i smoke, i don't remember any of my dreams.
When i vape, i do.

THC effects aren't the same for me.
I only vape flowers, and i instinctively think that vaping impact and/or consequences are "lighter" on my body than smoking.

Robert-in-YEG

To my point, sleep is my best indication.
When i smoke, i don't remember any of my dreams.
When i vape, i do.
I only wish. Cannabis interrupts my sleep.

If I vape too late into the evening, I don't fall asleep, and if I do, I don't dream. If I don't dream, I don't feel rested.

Robert-in-YEG

download.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

C No Ego

I've tried. At night, I am just better served by a hot chocolate and turning off my phone, computer, and related gadgets.

Robert-in-YEG
electrosmog disturbs us all unless we are in a cabin in the woods with zero electronics or electricity
. people sleep with their cell phones literally , turned on and radiating whtever those things radiate ( microwaves)

C No Ego,

Robert-in-YEG

electrosmog disturbs us all unless we are in a cabin in the woods with zero electronics or electricity
. people sleep with their cell phones literally , turned on and radiating whtever those things radiate ( microwaves)
It was never a problem with Ativan, Valium, or a host of other benzos.

That said, I'd rather not go back to an addictive drug that took 18 months to wean off.

Robert-in-YEG

download.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,
Top Bottom