• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis and Cancer

HerbieVonVapster

Hi all been from FC for a couple of years. Pain issues required pain killers and the pain management I had wouldn’t allow me to use medical cannabis.

Was hard to be here and discuss vaporizing when I wasn't able to use it Them. So I left the temptation the forums caused.

Things change now that cancer entered into my life. Was wondering if anyone who has fought cancer have any suggestion on strains that help. Have you found edibles or Concentrates the better choice?

Currently the pain is main concern but once the chemo radiation starts concerned with nausea and weight loss. Thinking something in the blueberry strains but looking for suggestion.

Green Kiwi

yes, I would also think in the Blue berry direction, but I would also like to advise to try(if you can lay your hands on it, it is...)Hindu Kush.for Nausea, and pure afghan landrace .
Fact, is that with concentrates you are easier and quicker to reach high cannaboids in your blood, but it is thought(and I believe this to be true..:sherlock:)that whole bud vaporisation gives you more of the whole cannaboids..:2c:.
which are more beneficial to your health than the isolated cannaboids in concentrates..... well that is how I have read it and learned from it anyway, probably , you will get some more and possibly better advice on this:nod: here, I will keep my eye's peeled, and will come back to you , when I learn more:sherlock:.

I wish you Much strength and Aroha, Green Kiwi. Keep your spirits up(Hindu helps with this...)

Unibonger

38 months into stage 4 prostate cancer. I go for high THC flower and concentrates. Flower has worked best for appetite, concentrates for pain. Both help with attitude, anxiety, depresdion, etc. I was on fentanyl and oxicodone for chronic back pain for 20 years. Now only use cannabis. I also have made high CBD gummies for arthritis pain for years.

HerbieVonVapster

38 months into stage 4 prostate cancer. I go for high THC flower and concentrates. Flower has worked best for appetite, concentrates for pain. Both help with attitude, anxiety, depresdion, etc. I was on fentanyl and oxicodone for chronic back pain for 20 years. Now only use cannabis. I also have made high CBD gummies for arthritis pain for years
Thanks since my cancer is in the same region, this response really helped. Right now all this is scary and really won't know treatment option till get pet scan done. My family doctors been great since she signed my mm card and is helping with pain medication.

It’s become cruelty how they treat pain patient. Was admitted to hospital from all the blood and clots coming out. Was in extreme pain and ct scan showed severe Constipation. I had to have spouse bring me in something for that. Even something like Milk of magnesia they where not willing to give.

Took 36 hours before they gave me any medications even though they had all my records of what I normally take. (doctor is in same hospital and all my history in accessable) Good thing I packed my own medication before going to ER. Highly suggest anyone that goes to ER to pack any important medication because they won't give you anything to help. For me no pain medication muscle relaxer basically on 9 different drugs. Even after surgery to remove some of tumor for biopsy they just sent me home to suffer.

Sorry to gripe about this just suggest keep this advice in mind. Sadly once they find out your taking pain medicine they start treating you like a drug addict.

Been off and on opiods for last 12 years. So familiar with what that does to help pain.

Most my current cannabis is old, it vacuum packed but going run out this week and get something fresh.
Hate to waste all the old stuff so going dust off magic butter machine and see if has any goodness left.

Unibonger

If/when I leave the house I have a wax pen with a strong concentrate in it. Fairly odor free, small and potent. I medicate every morning before my feet hit the floor.

HerbieVonVapster

Just finished 6 weeks of radiation and chemo and in the worse part of it. Didn’t have much issue nausea biggest issue is radiation burning. Guess the last few treatment use higher level of radiation that keeps working for a couple weeks. Having you private parts burned and weeping blood and blister isn’t fun.
The good think is they have been fair with prescription pain medicine.
Did find a good afghan strain for pain called Black Afghan it’s works @Green Kiwi thanks you for the ideal to look for a good landrace indica. Too many of the strains are concerned with having the highest THC.
Not use to buying in dispensaries, bud tender suggestion this one aS a good and took 3 tries to get pure flower. The first got pre rolled joints and told him I vap my weed so bought out pre-fill vapor cartilage finally explained wanted flowers. I guess outa touch on how other consume there medication.

HerbieVonVapster,

Unibonger

PSA was increasing so I had a PET scan yesterday. I see my hemotologist/oncologist again in 3 weeks. I found out from the nuke tech yesterday that one of the hospitals in my oncologists's group is now using LU-177. Going to speak to my doc and the infusion PA I see monthly about getting it for me. Keep the faith, Herbie.

HerbieVonVapster

PSA was increasing so I had a PET scan yesterday. I see my hemotologist/oncologist again in 3 weeks. I found out from the nuke tech yesterday that one of the hospitals in my oncologists's group is now using LU-177. Going to speak to my doc and the infusion PA I see monthly about getting it for me. Keep the faith, Herbie.
Sorry to hear the PSA is increasing have you had previous problems in this area? Depending who did the pet scan you can normally access that data a few days after pet scan. I would look into that since gives you more time to digest the news and look at possible treatments. If good news it saves a couple weeks of stress.
Cancer is difficult to deal with if you need any emotional support, please feel free to PM me.

HerbieVonVapster,

Unibonger

I have a meeting scheduled with the doc that will be administring my LU-177 treatments on November 3rd. Things are moving along quickly.

Unibonger,

CharSadehBeast

First thing first, you should have an open discussing about MJ use with your oncology team.

You shouldn't smoke or vape if you are actively taking chemo especially if you are getting bleomycin which impacts the lining of the lungs (as do many chemo drugs). I had a blood cancer a couple years back, stage 2 (3 tumors), had 24 infusions over 4 months and after a 2 month break got 20x radiation visits. The oncology team were supportive of edibles but they said smoking/vaping is an absolute no-no, I wouldn't risk it even if the risk fctor is <1%. You are putting your body thru hell by getting chemo with the hope of survival and additional time, why fuck it all up by vaping/smoking? It's not worth it. RSO/FECO that is high in CBD is the best edible format for cancer, try to stay away from the sweets as sugar is pure fuel for cancer cells.

I used to go thru 2 of these weekly during chemo by squirting them into empty medicine capsules: https://wonderextracts.com/product/3-gram-25-1-full-spectrum-cannabis-oil/. Helped tremendously with sleep, and appetite.

Top Bottom