Cancard Uk

davesmith

Glass Blower
Wow ive just read the redit threads and people with cancards and genuine illness (chrones) being laughed at by at by police and judges in court and then prosecuted. If theyd had a script (easy for chrones!) they would have been fine.

Also people who have been called to court and tried to contact cancard for help with no response through any avenue.

A quick read of reddit and peoples real experiences confirms to me that its basically a scam. If you want to disagree and use them go ahead but im sticking to my guns. Shills and scammers the lot of them i never trust an activist who has large financial gain to be made from the industry.

So sad to hear people are being prosecuted for cannabis, be careful out there.

@vegnvap please read the numerous reddit posts. People have contacted the police regarding cancard and had official statements saying it means literally nothing. Theyve tried to reach out to cancard for legal help and been ignored. Theyve been arrested and prosecuted regardless of this card. Without a prescription the law is going to ignore your medical stuff.

And to quote reddit “its about as much use as a pokemon card”

I recommended against it and tbh i think thats the informed choice. I now consider myself informed enough to say that.

Just seen there are some clinics offering £50 consultations for medical mentioned on reddit. At that price there is no reason not to just grab a prescription (assuming you have the medical need for one).

E2a I’m hearing nothing but bad things about this whole thing after asking some people i know within the industry. I wont say any more but my personal advice is to steer well clear.

Good luck and stay safe out there people!

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
So if you don't have a prescription I don't see the point of the CanCard, especially as your data is shared with the police. Also when the Medican legal team was still a thing (seems to be defunct now) they actually stepped in to help some CanCard holders with legal issues that the CanCard folks didn't help out.

davesmith

Glass Blower
So if you don't have a prescription I don't see the point of the CanCard, especially as your data is shared with the police. Also when the Medican legal team was still a thing (seems to be defunct now) they actually stepped in to help some CanCard holders with legal issues that the CanCard folks didn't help out.

Totally forgot about the medican guys. Similar sort of thing iirc?

simba

@weedanwine
Similar concept went about it in a very different way. CanCard are sharing your data whereas Medican wouldn't. They just offered legal support, now I know they helped a lot of people but some point in the second year it did break down, as I'd lost my card and asked for a replacement and it never happened.

The best bit about it was probably the accompanying book which had a lot of information about how to label a home grow, and how to deal with being stopped by police etc...

Tbh the card itself was enough for me to keep my weed after going into a club and being searched, and I've actually been thinking of getting a load of them printed up to give to anyone who wants one.

If you're stopped by police, or security in a club and they're going to actually pay attention to any card you show them then either would probably do the job. If the police are intent on taking your weed then even a prescription isn't going to stop them. Of course you've got legal grounds to get it back in that case, but you still have it taken away and deal with all that bullshit.

A few months ago I went into a venue for a gig and they found my Vapor Genie and asked what it was for, I just said I was a medical user and the guy got his supervisor and I told him, he said CBD I just said sure and walked on in.

Having your weed in a CBD tub could be just as effective as any card you could carry 🤷🏽‍♂️

PhilosoStoner

Guess I saw similar posts on the UKMC thread. I was previously unaware that there were clinics that offered consults for so cheap before. I didn't think I'd be able to afford moving away from the BM for a long while

I know it varies, but what's the general cost/quality of MC? I heard £5-10 a gram on average?

Wow ive just read the redit threads and people with cancards and genuine illness (chrones) being laughed at by at by police and judges in court and then prosecuted. If theyd had a script (easy for chrones!) they would have been fine.

Also people who have been called to court and tried to contact cancard for help with no response through any avenue.

A quick read of reddit and peoples real experiences confirms to me that its basically a scam. If you want to disagree and use them go ahead but im sticking to my guns. Shills and scammers the lot of them i never trust an activist who has large financial gain to be made from the industry.

So sad to hear people are being prosecuted for cannabis, be careful out there.

@vegnvap please read the numerous reddit posts. People have contacted the police regarding cancard and had official statements saying it means literally nothing. Theyve tried to reach out to cancard for legal help and been ignored. Theyve been arrested and prosecuted regardless of this card. Without a prescription the law is going to ignore your medical stuff.

And to quote reddit “its about as much use as a pokemon card”

I recommended against it and tbh i think thats the informed choice. I now consider myself informed enough to say that.

Just seen there are some clinics offering £50 consultations for medical mentioned on reddit. At that price there is no reason not to just grab a prescription (assuming you have the medical need for one).

E2a I’m hearing nothing but bad things about this whole thing after asking some people i know within the industry. I wont say any more but my personal advice is to steer well clear.

Good luck and stay safe out there people!

PhilosoStoner,
Reactions: davesmith

davesmith

Glass Blower
Guess I saw similar posts on the UKMC thread. I was previously unaware that there were clinics that offered consults for so cheap before. I didn't think I'd be able to afford moving away from the BM for a long while

I know it varies, but what's the general cost/quality of MC? I heard £5-10 a gram on average?

Ive paid from 4-8 a gram and its been moderate. Black markets still better but as demand increases that will change.

Good luck!

verdampersweats

The advice i seen was cancard offers zero protection and the only way to avoid prosecution is to be a legal patient. Thats why i went the legal route and no one can touch me legally i just have to keep my perscription on me in digital format and anyone who interfere with me is breaking the law and the Equality Act. I use it for sleeping and nightmares and had 100% success rate and 0% side effects. You can get 25% Indica flower for this at £5/gram as well.

The video on youtube of the cop taking someones Aurora T27 Farm Gas away is one such example and likely that person will be sued and for good reason you cant just take away someones medication! And that Farm Gas is pretty good stuff as well i requested it a few times. Hopefully Sourdough is better and cops keep thier hands off! :p

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Reddit & hearsay don't carry much weight for me so, as it's been a while I thought I'd give an update on my own experience . . .

Following the renewal of my Cancard last year (which cost me £20 and also included shares in the British based company GrowLab Organics (GLO) who are building a facility & planning to grow some interesting strains for patients on British soil) I have had two private clinic appointments at no additional cost to myself, which have resulted in prescriptions being written for medical cannabis.

For me, Cancard are delivering on their commitments & there is no way I feel as if I am being scammed. Considering I'm getting a year's Cancard membership, plus company shares and multiple free clinic appointments for £20, it seems to me like I'm getting a very good deal.

Thankfully, I have not needed to call on Cancard to stand by me in a legal capacity, so I cannot speak from experience on what would happen in that situation.

Anyway, after all these years, & in quite a big way due to being a Cancard member, I finally now have a prescription (FUCKING AMAZING!!!!) & I will continue to carry my Cancard right alongside it because I feel it gives me an extra line of defence (however small), as well as photo proof that I am entitled to my meds. Police have been known to take action first & ask questions later (even people with legal prescriptions have been arrested) so anything I can wave in their face to try to stop them is alright by me. This may change in the future as, hopefully, education increases, acceptance grows and the stigma is removed, but for now I'm happy to stick with it.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Blessings!

:peace:

Top Bottom