Cancard Uk

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Those who do have a CanCard, would you say that it is worth it?
Hiya, probably only able to answer this question if the time comes that I have to present it to the law. Lots of positive anecdotes from owners but also negative ones. Some officers will do all they can to make cannabis possession punished and ignore it but others with more common sense might follow the police federation guidance and leave you alone.
I'm continuing to pay my subscription in case it does make a difference.

PhilosoStoner

Hiya, probably only able to answer this question if the time comes that I have to present it to the law. Lots of positive anecdotes from owners but also negative ones. Some officers will do all they can to make cannabis possession punished and ignore it but others with more common sense might follow the police federation guidance and leave you alone.
I'm continuing to pay my subscription in case it does make a difference.
That's fair enough. I guess that's where I am, wondering whether or not police will ignore it. But you won't know until it happens. Thanks for sharing

PhilosoStoner

Has anyone heard of the Grow Lab Organics (GLO) startup being run by Cancard? Sounds interesting. Not sure if it's ok to talk about here?

GLO

PhilosoStoner,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
As soon as I found out this UK card was available I felt I needed to take a stand & come out of the shadows to support people who are actually doing what I still only aspire to. I've been a card holder for a while now & have met some of the CanCard team when out & about - including their founder, Carly - and from everything I've seen they appear to be a great, passionately dedicated bunch of activists who are working hard for the UK legal scene. As for the GLO startup, it seems like an easy decision if you're already a member because signing up for the members reduced price of £20 includes company shares, a free clinic appoinment, and your CanCard annual membership.
In my opinion, if you're a UK medical user, regardless of whether you have a prescription, this is likely a cause worth your attention & support.

:peace:

PhilosoStoner

As soon as I found out this UK card was available I felt I needed to take a stand & come out of the shadows to support people who are actually doing what I still only aspire to. I've been a card holder for a while now & have met some of the CanCard team when out & about - including their founder, Carly - and from everything I've seen they appear to be a great, passionately dedicated bunch of activists who are working hard for the UK legal scene. As for the GLO startup, it seems like an easy decision if you're already a member because signing up for the members reduced price of £20 includes company shares, a free clinic appoinment, and your CanCard annual membership.
In my opinion, if you're a UK medical user, regardless of whether you have a prescription, this is likely a cause worth your attention & support.

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear haha. Gonna jump on this while there's a chance

Raskolnikov

I received an email this morning with the offer you are referring to and its a good deal. Cant go wrong for twenty pounds.

davesmith

Glass Blower
If youre a medical patient id advise to just get an actual prescription. Cancard offers nothing that isnt already free as far as i can see? Or am i missing something?

Also buying someone else shares in a medical grow seems a bit daft to me.

I may be wrong but i dont see the appeal, im sure they people who run it are making a fortune but as a customer i see no reason to be involved with them?

Happy to be enlightened but for now id advise against giving them money.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I would be surprised if the guys at CanCard are making what many people would describe as a fortune from the £29 initial annual membership fees (dropping to £19 for consecutive years). What they are doing takes time & money to achieve, not forgetting they are entitled to make a living, too. I think it's also worth noting in some circumstances they will offer reduced price & even free memberships if financial restraints are preventing a patient from signing-up. I truly feel the folks at CanCard are trying to do good for the cannabis community & I think we need more people like this so, I'm happy to give them my backing and encouragement however I can.

Imo, anyone that says to just get a prescription is not taking a wide enough perspective. It's very easy to advise 'get a prescription' but it's not so easy to obtain one if you don't have the means, financially. On the other hand, the cost of an annual CanCard membership really does pale in comparison to the costs involved with a legal prescription.

For patients who do not have a prescription but are using cannabis to self medicate a qualifying condition, CanCard can offer peace of mind that they are officially registered as a UK medical cannabis user who is legally entitled to a cannabis prescription and is only in contravention of the Drugs Act due to financial restrictions. Something which I believe does not sit too well within the realms of European law. Anyway, I think this is all a step in the right direction & I want to support it.

The CanCard team have been working directly with many police forces around the country to educate them about medical cannabis and how to deal with patients in a compassionate & understanding way which is something I think we can all be thankful for, prescription or not. Their work is also helping to change perspectives & remove stigma at a police & government level which, again, is something I think most of us can get behind.

As far as I can see, CanCard does not offer anything which is already currently available for free.

One other point that springs to mind is that not everybody wants to ingest government weed.

I dunno about anyone else but, for me it was an easy decision after doing a little research and it's obviously up to everyone else to do what they need to do to come to their own conclusions. Personally, I believe enlightenment comes from within! :myday: :lol:

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Im just not sure i agree im afraid. I’ll not comb over it tho as its not my place to be the definitive opinion.

I will say my prescription only cost about £100 plus the cost of the medicine. So it didnt seem like a huge amount of difference. Its now on a rolling repeat so no more fees, just the cost of the meds.

✌️✌️💚💚

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Don't be afraid, it's o.k to disagree.
Fair enough if it's not for you, I just don't know why you would advise others against signing-up as you did in your 1st post, especially as you seem to know little about what they do.
They are certainly not scammers, they are UK cannabis activists who are helping patients and I'm pleased to see this sort of thing going on. Over the years I've watched, mouth gaping, at all the stuff the people have done for legalisation in the States so I'm over the moon to see something so blatantly out in the open that I can support over here, and it relates directly to me in more ways than one. I think things can gather momentum this way & as I've grown sick of waiting & relying on our government to sort it out by themselves, this seems like a good option. RTG is the way to go but the government aren't gonna give us that easily so, I'll back as many horses as I can & keep on pushing.

Out of interest how much are you paying for your government weed?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've always been supportive of and admire thier goals, however the recent emails asking for my money are really starting to get on my tits. They're almost relentless! I've had less emails from Amazon trying to get my money in that time and that's saying something!

Stop with asking for an investment and ask for a donation with a plan on how to attract public support... I've only heard about them because I looked for it, most every day Brits will not have heard of this organisation, or know what they do. That's not a good start imo, but I'd love to say different!

I think the lib Dems should just throw out rec legalisation as an incentive to get the youth to the voting booths, but they aren't brave enough, none of them are...

davesmith

Glass Blower
I advised not to give them money because as far as i can see they offer nothing in return, other than their careers as activists.

With 30,000 paid memebers thats at least £58k a year without the current money drive they are touting. Its not a fortune but its not a trivial amount either. Im sure that much data is worth a lot as well to the right people.

Im might be a bit cynical or jaded but IMHE most successful activists have turned out to be shills, sellouts or just plain creeps.

Again please dont take me as gospel, but I decided to get a doctors prescription and I would recommend my friends to do the same.

I have seen the cancard stuff, the little labels for plants etc. i just doubt any of it would fly if the law wanted to prosecute.

Just my 2c

davesmith,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, actually I think they might be helpful if you were prosecuted as a medical patient. My understanding is that they have people who are well positioned to defend in those situations, not that you couldn't buy that representation if you had the funds though.

I dunno, I admire thier general standpoint. I don't like that they are involved with asking for investment for a scheme. That seems to diminish the value of thier standpoint in my perspective. Are you activists or are you looking for investment?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Yea im not well enough informed to know how much they actually have or would help if you were being prosecuted. I don't think it'd be any worse than not having a Cancard, just not sure it'd be any better. The access to money could be of use but thats basically just some sort of insurance, like a safety in numbers move.

I agree with the general sentiment of the whole thing, just not sure id give them my money or advise anyone i knew too.

Its only a matter of time till we get new legislation in this country, as medical patient numbers grow and the industry gains more acceptance in the public eye its inevitable imho. Just how long……

davesmith,

PhilosoStoner

Yeah, actually I think they might be helpful if you were prosecuted as a medical patient. My understanding is that they have people who are well positioned to defend in those situations, not that you couldn't buy that representation if you had the funds though.

I dunno, I admire thier general standpoint. I don't like that they are involved with asking for investment for a scheme. That seems to diminish the value of thier standpoint in my perspective. Are you activists or are you looking for investment?
I think what you and Dave said is fair, as are the other comments here. I agree with all tbh. Not entirely sure what I'll decide, beyond doing more research for now

It's rough for consumers in the UK, medically and recreationally. I wish there were more options for people here. I like the idea of what Candard is doing. I'd love to see more activism and push for more lenient legislation, but it's true that there isn't a party brave enough right now. We're behind most of the countries we'd consider our developmental peers, but don't seem keen on changing for some reason

PhilosoStoner

Thought some of you would be interested in this thread (if you haven't seen it already) on Reddit. Talking opinions on CanCard, and the direction they're currently going with the grow

link

PhilosoStoner,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
im sure they people who run it are making a fortune
Its not a fortune
Ah okay, so not a fortune. Thanks for clarifying.

I have seen the cancard stuff, the little labels for plants etc.
What little labels for plants? Afaik they don't do anything like that so I'm not sure where you were looking - CanCard doesn't cover growing atm, but they have been looking into it since the beginning as a goal for the future.

Misinformation can be damaging and dangerous though.

I advised not to give them money because as far as i can see they offer nothing in return, other than their careers as activists.
This is getting old - I have already explained some of what they offer but your response seems to ignore much of what I said.

I decided to get a doctors prescription and I would recommend my friends to do the same.
Which, imo, is absolutely fine. I too, would recommend anyone who is self medicating a qualifying condition to get a prescription, if they can. But to me, it seems unfair for you to advise against CanCard because you are generally jaded by activists, especially when you seem to know so little about it. Some prescription holders are also CanCard members as they feel carrying the card further solidifies their position to the authorities, plus it provides a corresponding photo ID & could help to speed up the process should checks need to be made by the police.

Just one more time, how much do you pay for your prescribed meds, btw?

Are you activists or are you looking for investment?
The investment is for shares in a community owned cannabis cultivation company. I'm not sure what the conflict or problem is here tbh or why people on a cannabis forum would find any of this particularly objectionable, but hey.

Thought some of you would be interested in this thread (if you haven't seen it already) on Reddit
Sorry, it seems I can't view your link without either an account or the app & I don't do reddit.

Keep on fuckin :leaf:

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Ah okay, so not a fortune. Thanks for clarifying.

What little labels for plants? Afaik they don't do anything like that so I'm not sure where you were looking - CanCard doesn't cover growing atm, but they have been looking into it since the beginning as a goal for the future.

Misinformation can be damaging and dangerous though.

This is getting old - I have already explained some of what they offer but your response seems to ignore much of what I said.

Which, imo, is absolutely fine. I too, would recommend anyone who is self medicating a qualifying condition to get a prescription, if they can. But to me, it seems unfair for you to advise against CanCard because you are generally jaded by activists, especially when you seem to know so little about it. Some prescription holders are also CanCard members as they feel carrying the card further solidifies their position to the authorities, plus it provides a corresponding photo ID & could help to speed up the process should checks need to be made by the police.

Just one more time, how much do you pay for your prescribed meds, btw?

The investment is for shares in a community owned cannabis cultivation company. I'm not sure what the conflict or problem is here tbh or why people on a cannabis forum would find any of this particularly objectionable, but hey.

Sorry, it seems I can't view your link without either an account or the app & I don't do reddit.

Keep on fuckin :leaf:

Yea a fortune is a subjective term. That 60k figure was a conservative estimate of course, just their renewal fees. I think a lot of their customers probably earn a lot less than that.
A quick check on companies house shows they have liquidated their ltd company once already and this years books are showing £80k on the books.

I am not ignoring what they offer, its just it isnt anything more than what say, my mate could offer. No protection from law, no legititmacy for you medicine. It’s just a random shady company saying “pay these fees and we will give you a magic bit of paper and some financial backing”. The financial backing doesnt seem to ever been used by anyone too. So they are offering nothing imho

My kids dad is a member and he has small tags for his plants given to him by someone at cancard. I dont know thenins and outs but thats what he has.

So far ive paid £150 total for all appontments (2 appointments, i only needed one tho but wanted to chat to the doc again) and then the cost of meds (which varies, £4 a g to £7 a g)

Also please understand the difference. A preacription is legal. It stands up in court. A cancard is just a bit of paper and literally means nothing in court or to a doctor. You might as well wave magic beans at them.

Im gonna leave this convo now as i think ive made my opinion clear. As far as im concerned they are grifters.

But thats totally like my opinion man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom