• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Can you "one hit a mighty/crafty+?.

PeteyS

Hey guys, first post here. So here it goes.
Ive been a long time cannabis smoker for 15 years, then took a hiatus for about 10 years while doing the whole family thing.
Now at age 40, im back to the plant, but this time with a prescription from my doctor to use it as a anti anxiety medicine.

My question is, how do you hit a Mighty/Crafty+ hard?
Ive owned my Crafty+ for about 6 months, and love the convenance of the device, but I gotta say that its the lightest puncher out of all the other vape I currently have(DynaVap M, Arizrer V-tower with Ddave one hitter mod.)

I usually prefer the one hit, full extraction, and I just can't seem to replicate this with the Crafty+. I usually load the bowl with 0.15g, set the vape to 410f, and take long slow hits. They are satisfying , don't get me wrong, but it seems to take many hits to clear the bowl. Im averaging 3 solid hits, and then something like 7 more hits that get weaker as they go on.

Is there any secret to clearing a Mighty/Crafy bowl in less hits? and if so, please share!

Thanks guys.
Love the website.

Pete.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I have just tried a friends mighty, but to my knowledge no, there is no way to clear a bowl in one hit with any of the S&B portables. Its the weakness of hybrid/conduction vapes--you can't pull in more hot air necessarily, you're just waiting on the conduction heat to get to the material that isn't in contact with the oven walls to vaporize the active ingredients.

If I'm wrong about this due to not owning one just consider this a helpful invocation of Cunningham's law :)

darbarikanada

generally speaking, the mighty/crafty is a 'session vape', not well-suited to what you're after, but you can get closer: load less (.10-.12g), put the liquid pad on top, set to max. temp. after it reaches temp, let it cook for ~30 sec., turn it off and take the biggest hit you can manage. btw: some people report that the dosing caps increase the conduction, so that might help - but I don't use them.

stonewatcher

Max temp with inverted dosing capsule lid
This is the answer you’re looking for @PeteyS

Max temp, small load, dosing capsule / dab pad as a chamber reducer, and a good preheat. Even then I’d be hesitant to think you’d ever get a “one hitter”

As stated by others, this is the downside of hybrid/conduction vapes.

Maybe something like a Sticky Brick fill this “one hit, full extraction” itch? Torch driven like your dynavap, Larger bowl, and one hit capable once you get the hang of it.

I don’t think there’s a portable battery driven vape on the market that will give you a one hitter and fully vape your material. Other than something absurd like the Flowerpot Milwaukee edition (flowerpot hooked up to a 12v power tool battery, technically portable) 😂

Last edited:

PeteyS

Hey thanks for all the great replies. I should have mentioned that I load the mighty with the concentration pad on top of the flower.
Ive heard of people putting the pad under the flower, and how do you do the "inverted dosing cap lid"? That a new one to me.

The next time I think Ill try max temp, smaller load, concentration pad on top(or under), with a longer heat soak time. I think this would provide most of the goodies in the first hit.

I understand that the mighty/crafty machines aren't the best for this method of dosing, but its such a darn convenient vape. Too bad it doesn't go to 450f.

Cheers.
Pete.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I understand that the mighty/crafty machines aren't the best for this method of dosing, but its such a darn convenient vape. Too bad it doesn't go to 450f.

Yeah, so for the quick one hitters I'd highly recommend grabbing a vape that is pure convection on demand, like tinymight and tetra (lamart has a drop coming up...)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This thread makes me feel like the Crafty is a mismatch for your needs. I think there are loads of vapes as convenient as that one (or more convenient, if you talk about cleaning and charging). Seems like you want a heavy on-demand portable. Not a sipping session vape. Obviously clever hacks exist but ultimately seems like an effort to make your device something that it is not.

I feel like this happens a lot when folks are looking for the "best" vape. I love my tinymight, but folks who want a conduction-heavy session sipper, should look elsewhere. The reverse is true for the S&B portables.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

they can, but it'll not work properly if you take fast draws. still, this vape is using just 40-42 watts at highest temp, fast draw won't work. get an elev8r (i got few days ago :D)

GoldenBud,

PeteyS

Im usually happy taking big hits from the dyna cap or the arizer one hitter mod, but really want to get the Crafty into the mix as well. I find that it was my most expensive vape, but actually gets used the least. Which is a shame and gives me a bit of the ocd feeling.

So for the inverted dosing cap lid, do i load the bowl with herb, and then place the dosing cap on top? Just the cap lid, and not the entire capsule right?
The video above looks to really milk the water pipe, but it doesn't show the loading of the bowl, with dosing cap lid.

Im sort of confused on that one.

Thanks.

PeteyS,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So for the inverted dosing cap lid, do i load the bowl with herb, and then place the dosing cap on top? Just the cap lid, and not the entire capsule right?
The video above looks to really milk the water pipe, but it doesn't show the loading of the bowl, with dosing cap lid.

Yeah you just use the dosing capsule lid, but you flip it upside down (inverted), so it sits right in the taper of the bowl.

invertedisdead,

PeteyS

Ahh Ic. So the lid in the bowl, and when you say inverted, do you mean lid right side up, or right side down in the bowl? And then flower on top of lid, or under the lid?

How does this method compare with using a concentration pad over top of your flower? because that what i have been using so far.
Thanks,
Pete.

PeteyS,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Inforit

Sometimes I’ll heat to desired temp turn vape off and take a few puffs. Once the chamber cools down it won’t be causing any material to vaporize.

Inforit,
Top Bottom