Can you help me perfect my olive oil infusion.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
So lately, I have been getting good results with infusing cannabis with olive oil, or is it the other way around? Lol....well, this is my method. I have been grinding a gram of flowers to dust, then decarb in the oven at 240° for 40 minutes in ceramic dish with a glass top, I then take it out and wait for the dish to turn cool to the touch. Then I take the decarbed flowers and add it to olive oil thats already in a mason jar.

I lightly close the lid and set up a double boiler and leave it in a simmer for 25 minutes. I then let it cool off and and I store it and enjoy!

So these are some facts. I know using coconut oil would be ideal because the high fat and saturated fat that it contains makes it a great carrier. But apart that coconut oil gives me a stomach ache, it also raises my blood pressure for some reason. So I had to scratch that off the list.

So olive oil has been the healthiest oil that I have found so far, without any side effects on my part.

Now for the questions, does anyone know how much time, in hours or minutes, that I can leave the mason jar with the contents in a double boiler with a light simmer, without the olive oil or the flower properties breaking down?

I am soon to buy a crock pot and I think this would make my method better, but is 6-8 hours really a standard for this and consodering I am using olive oil?

Also, I have heard people using emulsifiers to magnify the effects. I have read that soy lecithin should be avoided because of gmos, that sunflower lecithin would be better. Would it be ideal to mix sunflower lecithin with the olive oil and the flowers.

Opinions and suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
I usually use lecithin, at about a tablespoon per cup of oil. Some have issues with it, but your brain is made of it, so I guess it depends on your own physiology.

One good thing is that you can use infused olive oil for topicals, as well as ingestion, so thats a nice side topic.

Top Bottom