can someone recommend some good stash jars?

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
don't know if everyone else has read, "The Perfect Cure," but it says the ideal moisture level is 55-60%, and there are $1.99 digital humidity meters on ebay small enough to fit into a mason jar until you get it down to that level...once there you can store and cure a long time.

VWFringe,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Exactly what I do Fringe. I like the slightly more expensive meters as they're more accurate, but in any case I pull a vacuum after 60%. I'm over 2 years with one jar. Low / no light, 60F temp, low O2. Works pretty darned well for cheap.

willieR,

gobbly

there's really not much better than mason jars for the price. The vac seal jars are nice (remember, oxygen is the 2nd highest degrader of THC), but really, if you want to spend money and store literally forever, get a CO2 replaced vacuum sealer for a few grand :D

Just some more info, most people cure to 55-60% rh, that is great info. Most growers will list 55% rh as the perfect storage humidity. Higher than 70-75% and you will risk mold/mildew. So really, as long as you are below 70% rh, you are mostly safe to jar, be it for storage or just to cure (55% really is ideal). Stick a small hygrometer in, and realize you won't get a proper reading till it's been sealed for 24-48 hours (you have to give the humidity enough time to even out throughout the jar), and of course the ratio of matter to jar space will play a part :)

THC degraders, in order of effect, are light, oxygen, and heat. This means your storage container should be light tight, air tight (with CO2 replacement if you're rich), and cool (like fridge or cellar temps).

gobbly,

iMilky

"Cool Jarz" block 100 percent UV light, they come in all different colors and they have a double seal that is air, water, and smell tight! Look them up I highly recommend them..

iMilky,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Thanks, iMilky... for $10 ($14 with shipping) I had to try out that sample pack... seems like a great deal to me. Good lookin' out for the community.

If I remember, I'll repost and tell my thoughts.

wake n blake,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
2011-07-09001604.jpg

So I love these containers. They seal the odors out well, and seem to be air tight. The lids have these interesting inner seals molded into the plastic. You have to order the sample pack, as they don't sell cool jarz individually, but at 14 with shipping, I'm very happy. Shipping was quick too. I appreciate the recommendation, iMilky. Hope this might help others looking for alternatives to mason jars. Colors are random, btw.

wake n blake,

MG23

Relaxin'
http://www.vaporgenie.com/Polypropylene-Jars.html This is a link to buy some individual CoolJarz from the post above.

Bought a few of these along with an aluminum bat a few weeks back. Loved them so much I put in another order just for more of them.

They are completely airtight, durable, and cheap as hell. No more heavy/breakable mason jars for me.
Hope the FC community buys so many VG stocks up with every type, they're awesome stash containers.

MG23,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well I can recommend the Enjoy stash jars

I was actually looking to buy a CVault, but they haven't got their international act together yet. Looking for the product elsewhere I came across this alternative which has won my business. I still like the idea of the CVault humidipaks though.

I bought one last week to test, and I'm impressed enough that I have just ordered another 4 which I will fill with a selection of fine strains to be given as Christmas gifts.

Not a whole lot to say about it really, except that it's pretty well made for what it is. The dividers are substantial and there's no real chance of any of the bud transferring between compartments. Like the marketing says, the bottom corners are rounded so you can remove little bits of bud etc easily, and the top is supposedly airtight. There's no specific seal there to make it airtight, but the softer plastic material used in the lid screws down quite tight onto the body. It feels pretty airtight, and I certainly can't sense any smell escaping.

Not sure how well it would cope with a fall from height. Supposedly it's tough, but I don't want to try.

dscf0444.jpg
dscf0445sb.jpg
dscf0446a.jpg

It's not a long term storage solution- for this I still use my clip top glass Kilner jars. Instead I'm using this to hold my selection for the week or two. Over this timescale I'm not personally concerned about any light degradation effects, but it's worth pointing out that this stash jar doesn't do anything to protect against that except to provide a canvas bag.

It's also cheaper to buy these elsewhere- I got mine for 5.59 + shipping from EDIT with their sale code, not bad, whereas the US manufacturer is selling them for $14.20 + shipping, which I find to be a bit overpriced for what you are getting IMO. Under $10 delivered and it's a good buy :2c:

WatTyler,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
WatTyler said:
I was actually looking to buy a CVault, but they haven't got their international act together yet. Looking for the product elsewhere I came across this alternative which has won my business. I still like the idea of the CVault humidipaks though.

From what I understand, Gary is working with a couple of the vendors to get these out of country (by proxy) :D Hopefully they will be available on your side of the pond soon.

AGBeer,
Just bought a sample pack of the Cooljarz, I really like how they're UV light proof.

Edit, wow, that was fast shipping! I'm pretty damn pleased with the quality of these containers, especially given their reliance to sunlight, and their American construction. The gold-topped jars have an absolutely awesome seal that almost goes pop when you open them, and the Budbowls have what seems light a slightly less reassuring fit. It just feels that way, I could very well be wrong, but it's still a far better seal than most plastic screw tops. They're lightweight and recyclable, they have tiny containers for concentrates, and the one-joint holder type container is perfect for holding 1-2 days worth of ground material on the go, while being pocket friendly, and have a narrow mouth for convenient loading of bowls into MFLBs, Vaporgenies, Solo tubes, etc.. To get the broken record running again, I really love the UV protection, how I can (in theory) leave a container in bright sunlight and not worry about the contents degrading.

charliedontsurf,
I use these babies exclusively. They're cheap, good quality, completely airtight and pretty.
They also come in a variety of different sizes with these ones being the smallest.
(This particular model comes in a 2 pack)

The image is hyperlinked so just click it to go to the ikea product page

tetrahydrocannabinol,

StickyShisha2

Tstat said:
As far as storage goes, I also would never buy a "stash jar" and pay a markup because it says "420" or something on it. I have different storage needs than most. For long term storage, I use mason jars and put them in a cabinet. They stay air-tight and light does not get at them.

Once I started on this vape journey, I decided I needed to have small amounts (of several varieties) on hand and ground up, ready to go. I started with a little beading kit that was very small plastic vials with caps and all held in a little plastic box. It was very cool looking, and I could just grab the whole box and go.

Anyway, I got them here:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/salvejarsclearmi.aspx ProdID=140

those look like the jars i use for waxes.
clearsalvesubcat1.JPG

StickyShisha2,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Does anyone of you use urine sample jars to stash their herbs :). They are about 10 cents round here. I have herb stored in such jar for 4 months and it doesn't have plastic taste or less taste. I use the one with 100ml size :). Althought there are bigger 4 L sterile jars for 24 h urine sampling.

Abysmal Vapor,

bmann007

Hey folks just looking to see your unique ways in storing your weed if you have any tips, and or tricks feel free to share!

i was also told the best place was Cigar box with a humidifier disk. how do you guys feel about that?

Mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

bmann007,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Cant post pics, but I use these sweet GonG nug jars that work perfectly. Ive heard of people using mason jars, But I just feel like these are a bit classier. For Kief and fine grind (for my LB) I use these cork top vials I got at the dollar store, lol. Pretty sure theyre meant for glitter and whatnot, but they work great.

Titamius,

lwien

I keep mine in airtight aluminum space case containers, which I then put in airtight glass mason jars which I then put in the vegetable section of my fridge which keeps the temp at around 50 degrees.

If you do this, please remember when you take out the jars to access your bud, to leave them open at room temp for about 5 min. before closing them up again to prevent any unwanted moisture.

Keeps bud out of the light, out of the air and at cool temps. Air, light and heat will degrade your bud prematurely.

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Another vote for the cVaults here.... I'm new to them and find them awesome for both storage AND curing.

But when its for curing on a large scale it would be quite an expensive investment, so I tend to use the mason jars in a cool dark area of my place for the bulk of it.

smokum,

Adobewan

I use these babies exclusively. They're cheap, good quality, completely airtight and pretty.
They also come in a variety of different sizes with these ones being the smallest.
(This particular model comes in a 2 pack)

The image is hyperlinked so just click it to go to the ikea product page

Got a pair of these and a pair of their larger brothers and I'm sorry to report they're neither air nor water tight. Super-cool looking, but will not care for your meds properly.
I've bought many cool jars and G's at THC Scientific are just about the best.

Adobewan,
Top Bottom