can someone recommend some good stash jars?

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Tstat, those are the jars I use to store my herb. A local dispensary uses that to package the meds so I have accumulated 3 or 4 of them. I think they work just fine for my uses.

finchrock24,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i order a lot of blend bottles and salve tins from specialty bottle - good company, nice that you can order such small quantities.

if you need case quantity, try these guys...

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin36c.html

i use a square glass screwtop spice jar that came with target brand crystallized ginger in it. works perfectly. if i have more, it goes into a half pint mason jar. i have SCADS of those because i actually use them for canning, but they are too big for my little home kit that i recently put together (actually an old caboodles makeup case lol) with my other vaping utensils, ion bag, mflb brush, tray, grinder etc.

dried ground stuff is just stored in the grinder for a sesh or two.

out and about, MFLB, 2 batts, and a little metal sharpstone pollen press without the metal compressor thingies in it all in a little plastic hot wheels bandage case :ninja:

herbgirl,

jayweb91

perscription pill bottles. air tight but easy to spot so not good for on the go. I usually keep my on the go bud in a small baggie in my sock (or trunk of my car in side a flashlight).

jayweb91,

lwien

jayweb91 said:
perscription pill bottles. air tight but easy to spot so not good for on the go. I usually keep my on the go bud in a small baggie in my sock (or trunk of my car in side a flashlight).

I've never seen a prescription pill bottle that was air tight.

lwien,

Spacenstein

lwien said:
jayweb91 said:

I've never seen a prescription pill bottle that was air tight.

I don't know what makes an item qualify for being air tight but from what I've seen most pill bottles are water-tight or at least water resistant-- which is close to being air tight. Take a look at the lid of your pill bottle, you can see a clear, silicone O-ring attached to it.. Seems like if your pill bottle has this feature and you screw on the lid correctly, oxygen transfer rates would be crucially decreased if existent at all. :2c:

Also, lwein.. 3 posts and we still don't know how you store your bud! :ko:

Personally, with my budget and preferences, pill bottles work perfectly for me. I found another container that slides into one of my pill bottles and only takes up 1/3 of the pill bottles height-- great for keeping some kief or dumping some ABV in while on the go. At home I have three mason jars for avb and 2 separate strains..

-S

Spacenstein,

MacRadish

Libbey 477 "Status" Jar
They hold just about 8 fl oz.

8ozLibbeyStatusJarwithGlassLid.jpg

They are the same as the 420jars.com's medium size without the graphics for a LOT less.

I also found some cool paint that is thermo-hardening, non-toxic and water-based specifically designed for use on glass that works extremely well for fancying 'em up a bit.

Pebeo Vitrea 160
02950-OD3ww-l.jpg

MacRadish,
Reactions: Planck

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Holy shit that is awsome. I need a couple jars for my bong! My tube is just a straight clear tube, and those would be an AWESOME way to spice it up a bit. Seriously stoked to find that...thanks man.

finchrock24,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I think I might go up to Crate & Barrel today and grab those $2.00 jars. That looks really nice, and I can get rid of my cancer causing plastic solution ;)

Tstat,

max

Out to lunch
Tstat said:
I think I might go up to Crate & Barrel today and grab those $2.00 jars. That looks really nice, and I can get rid of my cancer causing plastic solution ;)
It could be that your containers are polypropylene, which doesn't leach. All plastics aren't the same. Lots of choices with polypropylene containers.

http://www.sks-bottle.com/advanced_...lypropylene&osCsid=qu4c7vnkvd61hn9ni49upphrg7

Lots of choices for glass too. The nice thing about glass storage is that you can clean off every bit of plant material without taking off any of the container material.

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/G2.html

max,

MacRadish

MacRadish said:
Libbey 477 "Status" Jar

Pebeo Vitrea 160

Some jars I'm with. The lids along the front are for the smaller jars shown in post #4.
20aclz6.jpg

Here I dabbed a small amount of each color as I opened them making a tiled effect. I only put paint on one half side, there is 180 degrees of clear glass on the other side. There is an iridescent mix that you can add to any color. You can see it on the very bottom lip. It can be put on thick or use the thinner. You can see some thick dabs.

2hdmdr6.jpg

My attempt at a some outer space. I dabbed a varied sized bit of several lighter colors then covered in black. This is a top for the jar, the paint is on the underside.

14vp4l5.jpg

Here I spruced up a 420jar.com jar.

2poec91.jpg

Here I was trying to mix several Earth-as-seen-from-space colors to come up with a satellite view of Earth. Not quite but neat tops none the less I think.

r7qfzo.jpg

And messing with gravity.

2luvsxw.jpg

Anyways, my favorite method of storage, glass Libbey jars, colorized.

MacRadish,

lwien

Spacenstein said:
Also, lwein.. 3 posts and we still don't know how you store your bud! :ko:

I use the SpaceCase storage containers of varying sizes depending upon how much of a particular strain I have. Also have an mVessel. Keep them all closed very tightly in the veggie section of the fridge.

lwien,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
MacRadish, ot, but,
many years ago, i used to have a very nice thick glass bong named blaze. she was a v-day gift from my now-husband.
Eight years ago she succumbed to injuries received in a tragic bathtub accident. :(
The orange and yellow painted jar on the bottom reminds me of her colors.
*tear in my eye*, she was a good bong.

herbgirl,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I skimmed through this thread, so hopefully this isn't all been said a few posts back. I do a long term storage routine. Oxygen is what degrades the organic matter. High moisture and UV obviously creates issues also.

Once the moisture level drops below 55-60% I seal the material in mason jars under vacuum. Then keep in the dark where it's cool. I use this cheap thing to pull the vacuum: http://www.pump-n-seal.com/ works GREAT!!! I have some material 2 years old and just about as fresh as when it was packed. Really amazing.

willieR,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
willieR said:
I skimmed through this thread, so hopefully this isn't all been said a few posts back. I do a long term storage routine. Oxygen is what degrades the organic matter. High moisture and UV obviously creates issues also.

Once the moisture level drops below 55-60% I seal the material in mason jars under vacuum. Then keep in the dark where it's cool. I use this cheap thing to pull the vacuum: http://www.pump-n-seal.com/ works GREAT!!! I have some material 2 years old and just about as fresh as when it was packed. Really amazing.

VERY interesting. This might be on my to buy list down the road. ;)

Currently I have 5 jars.

1 - A used mason jar that held (almightily delicious) jalapenos that a buddy of mine gave me. It now holds a amberish liquid of Everclear that tastes like vaped jalapenos. (Its my cleaning/soak jar)
1- Mason/jelly jar that I had left over from several years ago when I was doing my shroom grows (PF Tek sized jar)
3 - Baby food jars. I just picked up some jars of baby food from my local grocery store for the mere purpose of storing bud. Im starting to think that while convenient, they are FAR from airtight anymore as my bud tends to get drier and drier as the days pass. Not necessarily a bad thing, but...

All in all, this works well for my purposes. The kicker is where they are all stored ;) Ill post some pics of this later.

AGBeer,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I have been super pleased with this method. The jars are dirt cheap and last forever. Heck you can use a tomato sauce jar, jelly jar, etc if you like. The vacuum pump was like $25 or such, and is really a high performance low-tech solution. So this was all sooo cheap but the vacuum is really amazing. Stays under vacuum for months,

willieR,

Nycdeisel

im glad we have threads dedicated to stuff like grinders and storage containers.
I try to avoid using plastic but its hard to ALWAYS use glass.

What are some small, GLASS, AIRTIGHT containers that are cheap and can only hold a couple of grams? I have enough big mason jars for my stash but not enough individual 'sample' size containers.

Nycdeisel,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Here's a thought I'm going to throw out for the most storage in GLASS at an incredibly good bargain...pickle jars.

darkrom,

willieR

Been here since 2009
All of these glass containers are great. Airtight is great. The vacuum is what allows the long term storage. No O2

willieR,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
willieR said:
I skimmed through this thread, so hopefully this isn\'t all been said a few posts back. I do a long term storage routine. Oxygen is what degrades the organic matter. High moisture and UV obviously creates issues also.

Once the moisture level drops below 55-60% I seal the material in mason jars under vacuum. Then keep in the dark where it\'s cool. I use this cheap thing to pull the vacuum: http://www.pump-n-seal.com/ works GREAT!!! I have some material 2 years old and just about as fresh as when it was packed. Really amazing.

That is what I use as well, nothing better than using vacuum sealing in a glass container. The pump n seal works excellent and the tabs are reusable, I have not had to replace a tab yet.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom