Can decarboxylated "fresh" weed get more potency as it ages?

Newb

Hey ladies and gentlemen. I bought an oz last Thursday and I was given some uncure buds. It wasn't that fresh but it looks like the buds could take another week or 2 till they're good to go.

So I'm doing the open jar method every 12 hours and leave the jar open for 2 hours. But till this weed fully cures, I am going to be vaporizing some of it because its still getting me high, it just taste like shit.

I was wondering if the uncure bud I'm vaporizing now will still "cure" or get more potent as it ages?

Newb,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
A proper cure will help turn some non-psychoactive cannabinoids into psychoactive ones, but ime the difference is minimal. It is pretty tough to 'restart' a cure and affect the taste too much. The most I would hope for is that it would become smoother.

vap999

Yes, it will get more potent (active agents/weight) as it 'cures,' if only from evaporation of more water and some of the more volatile (lower vaporization temp.) aromatics.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Newb,

In reaction to your title, such juxtaposition (decarboxylated/fresh) seems like a contradiction in terms. Yet, in the present case i'd probably suggest leaving it aside in a dark dry spot for 3 days before you perform any "sampling".

:peace:

C No Ego

if you can get those sugars to ferment then it will be cured. if you get the pukey smell or even the cat piss smell then it has happened :)

C No Ego,
Top Bottom