Buying a New vape, need some advice

Unconnected

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster etc etc.

here is my situation:

Been vaping about a year now, with a V-tower and a MFLB, i had to sell my v tower due to financial hardship, but its all good now as i have a new job and can afford to buy a new vape.

I only do whip hits really, im not a big bag man (my friend has an Extreme Q, i am very experienced with this product) and so i was wondering what you guys reckon is a better buy for my needs here is my thought process:

SSV Pros:
1. apparently the hardest hitting whip (i want big rips, i have a MFLB for the small head buzz feeling you get from smaller hits)
2. cool bag, nice design, made in usa
3. something new, i used to own a V-tower, and have used a EQ very very often, so buying a SSV is more fun if you get what im saying

SSV Cons:
1. Effectivly a soldering iron with a tube on it
3. Not handsfree, weed can fall onto element, GonG model probably not as handsfree as an EQ is because of the weird downward angle of the heater, analog temp setting means you dont ever know whats going on really, (though my MFLB has taught me this isnt a huge problem)

EQ Pros:
1. Lots of features+ accessories etc, can hit really quite hard once your experianced with it like i am (talking about big lingering clouds)
2. Good bowl design, elbow packs and pretty much impossiblity of the weed touching the heater, you can vape with it upside fucking down and side to side and its always isolated. also the swivle whip is a good idea, makes it easy to pass the shit.

EQ Cons:
1. kinda shit looking
2. i effectivly already own one, i vape my buddys all the time and i used to have a Vtower, so buying one will be a bit less exciting
3. slight fragility of bowl set up
4. the hits can be quite draggy because the tube is narrow, is this problem shared with the SSV?

The reason why the prices are the same is because i am in australia, in australia we have 1 shop that sells vapes and so im pretty locked in to buying from them because i need australian power adaptor and also shipping takes 1 day not 1 month.

Anyway, im really keen to hear from someone who has used both of these vapes, or just one.

I also have a question, is it better to get a GonG SSV or a normal with the handfree attachment, i ask this because when you have the normal ssv, you can rotate and angle the whip as if it was connected with a ball and socket joint, vaping your weed better and allowing you to have more freedom with the whip. Do you guys think this is a better option then going for the GonG which effectivly locks the whip in at a set angle with limited rotation capacity.

Thanks guys, cheers from austfailia.

Unconnected,

SD_haze

If you aren't a big bag fan there's almost zero reason to get the EQ over a SSV

SSV has a narrow heat path (compared to Da Buddha) so most prefer the ability to rotate it and really milk that "perfect hit". GonG fitting can also put extra strain on the glass over time due to the angle of the connection.

Also, you shouldn't have an issue with any herbal contact with the SSV heater because of that same downward angle connection, rather than upward (box vape) or horizontal (da buddha)

SD_haze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have an SSV and an EQ, and given that you've said bags aren't a major factor, I'd say go with the ssv.

Your first con for the SSV about it basically being a soldering iron, I'm pretty sure that is one of the major factors that lead to the SSVs durability.
Also, without blowing back in to the whip, you shouldn't be getting any materials on to the heater.
The "weird angle" of the heater cover is designed so that nothing will hit the heater.

I've never noticed either the EQ or the SSV having any issues with drag, but the standard heater cover for the ssv does have a little bit more drag than the handsfree.

Regarding the gong vs standard wand for the ssv, IMO they both offer very similar performance, and the gong handsfree version is more convenient if you plan on using water filtration.
With either one, you get the best performance by stirring the load after every hit.

Frederick McGuire,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I have owned both and id go ssv without batting an eye, the density, size and flavor of the clouds you get is superior to the EQ in whip mode :2c: Im not a big fan of bags either and when I got my SSV I sold my EQ......although if I had to do it again now id get an LSV instead I think

SF Giant,

Unconnected

Ok you guys have kind of sold me, i think ill go the SSV just because it rips harder and is something new to try, i know opening the box to the EQ i probably wouldnt be too excited about it, because im already so familier with the EQ.

Do any of you have any exp with the hands free attachment? how effective is it do you think? because i want to get the non GonG whip, but then the idea of the whip like floating around and such is weird to me, so having something that would keep it attached to the vape sounds like a good idea.

Unconnected,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I only had the standard wand on mine & liked it, but most DBV owners never leave their wand in the unit in between hits so that kind of spoils your reason for getting the GonG version. You'll still have to stir your bowl in between hits & leaving the wand in there will take the life out of your weed eventually. If you do want GonG I'd go with the DBV instead though, it's seems more suitable for it because of the angle of the heater cover & why spend more then necessary?

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Unconnected said:
Ok you guys have kind of sold me, i think ill go the SSV just because it rips harder and is something new to try, i know opening the box to the EQ i probably wouldnt be too excited about it, because im already so familier with the EQ.

Do any of you have any exp with the hands free attachment? how effective is it do you think? because i want to get the non GonG whip, but then the idea of the whip like floating around and such is weird to me, so having something that would keep it attached to the vape sounds like a good idea.

I have the OG SSV wand/HC setup and personally I love it. Im not a fan of the GonG connections, but some swear by them and others swear by the spherical GG connex for the SSV. (Im still a fan of the OG)

As far as the hands free adapter - it works as advertised. However, the enjoyment that I get from driving a 'manual transmission' vs an 'autostick' means that I have used the HFA only a handful of times.

AGBeer,

technique

I have the SSV with the standard heater cover and wand. If you find the thick heavy rips a bonus then this is the setup to get the best of those, the small hole in the heater causes controlled direct heating and increases vapor to air ratio.

The hands free attachment does what it says but you still need to stir every few hits to stop it burning unless its hash. I use mine while gaming online to get 3-4 hits before i need to use two hands to stir abit and then repeat.

The "soldering iron" is better then whats in most vapes and will last a long time

You dont get weed onto the heater i have had mine long enough to know (unless you blow into wand of course)

In my experience the analogue temp setting works very well, its easy to understand after a few attempts and i never burn nor do i leave anything behind. I actually find this method provides me much better control as i can look at the bowl after each hit and adjust accordingly rather then relying on a preset temp and controlling my breath for it.

If it helps i find it hard to vape without my SSV now, the ritual of smoking the SSV with the standard wand and stirrer in hand is one of the best experiences i have had with a vape (had a few). I feel like im dong something and i prefer this to just taking a pull until its all over, im sure the other users will agree but you truly do grow to love it.

technique,
Top Bottom