Butane Vapes

cobra505

Defined
Recently I thought I had come out of a deep sleep an had missed out on all the new shit that has come out. When I was a kid it was joints, plastic bongs and small metal pipes. Some of you older folks can appreciate that. More to the point. Butane vapes. There made by a place called Zebra Smoke, anyone ever here of these.

cobra505,
Reactions: Baron23

cobra505

Defined
You know I thought about this after I posted it, butane, vape, two words that shouldn't be in the same sentence. Never mind the cost as far as you get what you pay for.

cobra505,

Squiby

If you are interested in an externally heated vaporizer, I highly recommend the Vapcap.

It is beautifully engineered. Simple, effective and tiny. There is no plastic, no electronics, cords or batteries to lose, maintain, repair, replace or keep track of. It is heated by almost any heat source you might want yo try; jet lighter, bic lighter, candle, stove element, camp fire or even a solar heater. The airpath is isolated from the heat source and you heat to temp, indicated by a click, THEN toke.

It has a modular build so you can customize the look to your preference. I love this vape!!! Since I discovered the Vapcap, all my other vapes have been put aside. The Vapcap is now my daily driver, on the the go, out and about or tucked in at home.

Gl0EXLq.jpg

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
butane, vape, two words that shouldn't be in the same sentence.
Why not? I'm not saying this particular model/design is a good one because I don't know, but the first pocket portable not powered by flame was the butane powered iolite and it's still available. Certainly battery power has become much more popular, but with butane you don't need to worry about recharging or having spare bats, or your non removable battery dying after 2-3 years. The last time I lost power for several days I'd have blown the dust off my iolite if I hadn't been able to charge a portable at work. Butane is a legit power source.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The vape from zebra smoke is just an old 'click 'n' vape' they've been around for years now and are really pipes that don't actually vaporize. bought one in 2009 for $4 off of amazon.

There are plenty of killer Butane powered vapes out now and this isn't one of them, @cobra505 I suggest you do a search using the tag "flame powered" and you'll see a whole new non-electric world of vapes.

:peace:

lookhigh

FC member
I was never a fan of butane powered, got the VapCap and am now totally converted. No bats, chargers, cords etc.

lookhigh,
Reactions: Squiby

Baron23

You know I thought about this after I posted it, butane, vape, two words that shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I strongly do NOT agree. I would compare the function, efficiency, and effectiveness of my VapCaps to any vape and its externally butane heated.

little maggie

Maybe it's worth taking an interest and trying the base vapcap. It's about as cheap as you can get. I didn't have the success that others did with it but I have the other models and it's my main vaporizer out of quite a few others that I own.

little maggie,

Squiby

It wasn't really that I had an interest, it was more that I hadn't heard of them.

Well, now that you are aware of them, let's open the door to the wide wonderful world of butane powered vaporizers. There are lots of different makes, shapes and sizes. My top three favorite vaporizers are the:

Dynavap Vapcap

http://www.dynavap.com

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-311

The Vapman

http://vapman.com/en

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-267#post-1040916

And the Lotus

http://lotusvaporizer.com

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-lotus-vaporizer.2595/page-264#post-1040150

Have a look see and be free of all electronics, plugs, cords, batteries and the grid that keeps them alive.

Last edited:

BadDog No

No fans of the Supreme here? Bit of a bother to heat that sucker up with a torch, but owners (myself included) all claim it to be the hardest hitting of their collection. Seriously, there's like a whole thread on it in the portable section. Oh and the whole StickyBricks line looks fascinating. No links, sorry too medicated. :\ :lol:

cobra505

Defined
god what have I started, gentleman now we are all friends!

it just seems to me that if your putting fire to tobacco it's not vaping! Now I'm sure to get into trouble with that remark! That's why I started vaping in the first place. I have mild COPD. Quit smoking a 1 1/2 ago. Dr busted my ass about smoking weed. Still busted my ass when I told him I switched to vaping. He had no idea what the difference was. Took me 5 minutes to explain it to him and he still kind of gets on my case now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
cobra505,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You're misunderstanding the operation of the devices. They are still vaporizers. The Vapcap for example involves heating a stainless steel cap until it clicks, notifying the user that they have reached vaporization temperature. Nothing is supposed to get burnt!

BadDog No

Yo cobra! No one is putting flame directly to herb. The Supreme relies on preheating a massive (by vaporizer standards) aluminum block and then pulling air through it and the biomass. The Stickybricks is scary close to combustion since you use the flame to heat up the air being inhaled. Both are mostly convection. Sticky bricks look sweet, but I have two vapes on order as it is...;)

Day late and a dollar short again...:lol:

Squiby

it just seems to me that if your putting fire to tobacco it's not vaping!

No fire is being put to the herb in butane heated vapes, no more than a battery or plug is applying fire. All vaporization involves is heating your herb short of combustion to release its cannabinoids and terpenes. How close you get to combustion is determined by the temperatures you choose. I vape my herb to an evenly medium toasty brown.

Heat is heat. Either by butane, batteries, solar whatever, you are heating the herb, be it through convection, as in heating the air or conduction, as in heating the oven.

little maggie

There are a couple of good ones not mentioned. But since you have COPD I really think it would be worth it to consider a vapcap. With most vaporizers unless I use water I end up coughing and choking. The exceptions are the arizer eq bag and the vapcap. There is not much milder than that vape.

Squiby

There are a couple of good ones not mentioned. But since you have COPD I really think it would be worth it to consider a vapcap. With most vaporizers unless I use water I end up coughing and choking. The exceptions are the arizer eq bag and the vapcap. There is not much milder than that vape.

Right on @little maggie !!!

The Vapcap is my favorite vaporizer for a very good reason. My primary objective for a vape is to provide smooth non-irritating vapor to my sensitive lungs. The Vapcap is the best I have tried.

The rest of it, the modular build, the efficiency and simplicity, not to mention the stunningly beautiful bodies and stems to choose from and the unbelievably stellar customer service. The Vapcap has it all and solidly checks off all my boxes.

Everyone, even and especially @cobra505 , needs to have at least one Vapcap!!! :love: :bowdown: :brow: :wave: :luv: :myday: :D :clap: :nod: :cheers: :spliff: ;) :o :) :rockon: :smug:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have a Sticky Brick with the Hydro add-on, a Sticky Brick Junior, several VapCaps, and I used to have an Iolite back in the day. Butane vaporizers are definitely worth considering.

I think my OG Sticky Brick is my favorite vaporizer overall. I get huge, smooth, flavorful hits out of it. It's 100% convection and has a huge chamber so it's great for sessions. It's also possible to microdose with the Brick. Now that the HydroBrick is out that's probably the best option overall as it gives you more flexibility. It's basically a cordless, butane powered Evo.

The VapCap is really good at microdosing and is a very good vaporizer indeed. They work really well with flowers and concentrates. You can't beat the price and size, and the performance is no slouch either. Smooth, fast, and flavorful are also words you could use to describe the VapCap family.

The Iolite is largely obsolete now but it's a perfectly fine and functional vaporizer and I enjoyed it for what it was. There were very few portable vaporizers at the time I bought it, and I found it surprisingly stealthy in use.

Top Bottom