Butane torch thread

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I'm really pissed! Waiting for the seller response, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a clear and easy charge back
Sounds like they're fencing moody gear, doesn't it? It seems that the more trust people place in AZN (including myself) the less they seem to care about QC, and the dodgy mystery-ware/counterfeit products on their platform. That said, I've been really pleased with both the price and performance of the single Ronxs they sold me, that replaced and outguns my old Blazer Bigshot

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: sedentree

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Upper arrow shows a point where some stuff starts to accumulate after torching, which I can later scratch off. It's right behind the weirdly bended piezo...
Bottom two arrows show how this inner layer is poorly assembled. Far from symmetric...
Total joke lol

Last edited:
BushRanger,

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Sounds like they're fencing moody gear, doesn't it? It seems that the more trust people place in AZN (including myself) the less they seem to care about QC, and the dodgy mystery-ware/counterfeit products on their platform. That said, I've been really pleased with both the price and performance of the single Ronxs they sold me, that replaced and outguns my old Blazer Bigshot
Indeed! Yeah, was pretty careless about ordering, thinking what could go wrong...it's Amazon.

@coolbreeze heyo, ordered Firefox, with the link you provided. You also got it from same place?

Anyway, I already started the refund with Amazon...with them saying I should get my money back.

BushRanger,

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Intake gas nozzle is so unevenly mounted, that if I remove the add-on stand (which is how I planned to use FireFox), torch won't even stand, and tip/fall on side. All while it's clearly stated you can use it normally in both settings.
It's like some kids in India are assembling this...hope nothing explodes :hmm:

BushRanger,
  • Haha
Reactions: bulllee

DgN'R

After a month wait, I just received Blazer Firefox from Amazon.

Torch box came teared, which raises suspicion...
It has dual flame feature, normal flame and jet flame, with normal flame feature not working. On the product page this was not listed, neither photo of the product match, in a sense there is no button to change flames on the pics from Amazon. I don't like this feature as it's a gimmick I don't need and poses extra possibility of failure, which already proved as the normal flame is not working.
On the Blazer sticker logo on the torch, Japan is missing, but on Amazon picture there is Japan written on the sticker.

I'm really pissed! Waiting for the seller response, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a clear and easy charge back.
Can you please share more pictures of your Firefox torch?

It seems that Blazer has released a version 2.0 of Firefox with the specifications you indicate.

However, your torch doesn't look well assembled, and if you're not satisfied, request a refund.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Yup, that's the one, 2.0 lol...more like 0.9, at least mine.

Where the sides are put together, plastic is sticking out, as the shells weren't cuted properly.
Noise is coming out of the head if you shake it.
Hell, it even came scratched, where I marked in the photo.
No signs of Japan...

If I try to raise the flame to the max, the last quarter of the max strength, produces like burping struggling flame, that is spreading widely near the flame nozzle.
Nothing like the flame in the video below.

Last edited:
BushRanger,

maremaresing

That's just amazon. They dump products from all sellers in the same bin, and pull from that. Since there is no way to know who put clones in once it's all mixed in, most just submit clones or factory defects. It's the inverse of the Stone Soup story.

Amazon doesn't care, and will remove your review if you depict this. FWIW, I dropped my long time amazon prime subscription a while ago and couldn't be happier. Individual stores often have much lower prices with much better CS and QC. Plus, they are very happy for your business.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Must say that's pretty eye opening for me. Thought Amazon is fine... They won't be getting my traffic no more, if not really necessary. Not that I made lots of purchases there, maybe 3-4 times.
Let me add that this purchase also started very oddly...there was a price listed, and when I tried to pay, tax was added on top, so the price didn't look so appealing no more...I never experienced, that when shopping online, they add tax when you try to pay, but hiding it before.
To spice things up I also paid customs fees and import tax, which I can only recover with a proof I returned the item to the seller.
Hope they will send postal service to pick their defected item, as I'm not looking forward to waste even more time with them.

Last edited:
BushRanger,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Pretty good deal going on here rn:
I got my Big Shot from them for $28!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I bought a butane torch last year with a flame temperature that can go up to 2370°F/1300°C and has a large capacity, to work with devices like those from TRWW.

The model is the 'Masterclass kitchen butane torch', it costs 37US$/34€

TRWW-Masterclass-Torch.jpg

Butane-Torch-Masterclass-VS-QC18-classic.jpg

I'm very satisfied with it, it's been working well and regularly for a year, without any maintenance.

The model is available on Amazon Europe, I hope you can also find a similar one in Australia.

Something about this one is extremely appealing to me, not sure why? Right now with shipping to California it is just under $30 ... I don't exactly need it, but I'm wondering if it would be useful and a different compared to what I have??

Currently rely on a blusky big blazer (essentially a blazer big shot knock off sold by Amazon*) that has served me well for my hot start dabbing in particular, though it also heats up GVB quartz killers quick... I used it yesterday for the first time with thermal accumulator TA-3 though it seemed to be a bit much for me there, my OG TA was always used with a Rio torch actually (but I think it's flame is too small and narrow and maybe there is no reason to have to hold the TA over it that way although it seemed to work well for me I am not sure it is so ideal now anymore)

(*This is my second, as the first one broke after being filled with lower quality butane, tried buying a spare to have just in case, but received to defective duds in a row with broken nozzles, easy refund with Amazon and I did not have to send anything back in that case... Yeah buyer beware when you are shopping in the Amazon marketplace, never buy things like battery cells there for example as you can never be sure, sometimes you get lucky and other times it is a lot of headache from time and energy lost even if money is all refunded eventually...)

Anyway I have other smaller torches, but I never tried using them with TA, I don't like having to hold a button down a long time, they hurt my hands these days too much to use at all really (a large part of the reason I've given up on pretty much all direct butane vape use and other small torch butane vapes in my collection... Vapman I have the station, which is specifically why I got it at all, looking forward to trying inductor with my TA soon anyway so the torch might not be that important, for anything but dabs and killers really in the end, until I can get enail pid set up someday)

can get them cheaper on ebay

After seeing the picture and seeing the see threw fuel tank it interested me. I am just new to the butane lighters and vapes but will be checking the vapman now after you saying.

So this one looks a lot like the old power torch lighter that came with triihouse vapes (Daisy & Lily etc.) it was pretty nice and reliable, although it needed a separate piece as a foot to stand, so this one looks a little better in that regard as it can stand on its own with a flattened base... Otherwise it seems the same? Great ergonomics and versatility imo

How are the new torches you got treating you??

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
easy refund with Amazon
Well, it took me 4 days of back and forth emails, responding to same questions everyday in live chat with them passing me from one agent to another, receiving bunch of emails from climate pledge friendly team, with seller trying to keep my money, later he even asked me to pay shipping back lol...but yes I got my money back and torch left with me.
Wouldn't say it was easy...

And still not over, now in process of recovering the import tax, with import fees lost that I paid because they aren't refundable. Amazon should be held responsible to cover things like that!

Not to mention the time lost...

Last edited:
BushRanger,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, it took me 4 days of back and forth emails, responding to same questions everyday in live chat with them passing me from one agent to another, receiving bunch of emails from climate pledge friendly team, with seller trying to keep my money, later he even asked me to pay shipping back lol...but yes I got my money back and torch left with me.
Wouldn't say it was easy...

And still not over, now in process of recovering the import tax, with import fees lost that I paid because they aren't refundable. Amazon should be held responsible to cover things like that!

Not to mention the time lost...

Right, obviously I was talking about my case not yours lol sometimes there are many hoops to jump through depending on the item purchased, usually caused by outside marketplace sellers, as in your experience

Shit Snacks,

seriousTone

Has anyone tried this one or the similar burners?

They're suppose to be pretty damn good.

I was looking at picking up this one, but figured its way overkill for me.

Ended up ordering this beauty.

seriousTone,
Top Bottom