Butane torch thread

JettyRatt

I bought the large Ronxs about 1.5 years ago i use every day. before that i had the double flame ronxs but only got a year out of it before adjustment was all on or all off either way both were a good buy and the large is still going with no change

JettyRatt,

AndyO

I'm about to flip right out. I ordered a Ronx from Amazon, it was returned to sender before it even left the UK. I ordered again on the advice of Amazon - a week after it was turned around again, I finally got a notification.

Can't find a Ronx in Australia, so I'm once again looking for blowtorch recommendations for my Anvil (+ Dani and Stunner that are on the way) to replace the rubbish Jobon that I'm currently running.

AndyO,

olysh pops

I bought a butane torch last year with a flame temperature that can go up to 2370°F/1300°C and has a large capacity, to work with devices like those from TRWW.

The model is the 'Masterclass kitchen butane torch', it costs 37US$/34€

TRWW-Masterclass-Torch.jpg

Butane-Torch-Masterclass-VS-QC18-classic.jpg

I'm very satisfied with it, it's been working well and regularly for a year, without any maintenance.

The model is available on Amazon Europe, I hope you can also find a similar one in Australia.

AndyO

So, I can't get a butane torch out of the UK... I thought I'd try the US.

Can anyone tell me whether this RONXS dual flame is the same as this Cadrim torch?

They look exactly the same except for the brand names on them, but the descriptions are really different. (And the RONXS could take up to 7 weeks to get here according to Amazon, whereas I can get the Cadrim by Saturday.)

AndyO,

TedJones

Can anyone tell me whether this RONXS dual flame is the same as this Cadrim torch?

They look exactly the same except for the brand names on them, but the descriptions are really different. (And the RONXS could take up to 7 weeks to get here according to Amazon, whereas I can get the Cadrim by Saturday.)
Yea, interesting. They do look identical and recent reviews are mostly positive. Might be worth the gamble 🤷

TedJones,
Reactions: AndyO

olysh pops

Ronks dual max température is 2372F/1300C, Cadrim is 2102F/1150C

AndyO

Ronks dual max température is 2372F/1300C, Cadrim is 2102F/1150C

That's a bummer. Not so much the max temp as the evidence that they're different.

The bloody Cadrim is slightly more expensive too. Still think I'll go for it and the RONXS - then I can answer my own question for myself and for the board.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I couldn't find the butane thread that has all the manufacturers rated in a spreadsheet.. admittedly, I didn't spend much time looking...🙄

I've only been purchasing Colibri Premium in 6-packs off Amazon since I got my 1st DV in '17... but I forgot to re-order and had to grab a "Band-Aid" at the headshop... anyone know if this stuff is any good? 420ml BOGO, 2 for $8... will it ruin my Big Shot? 😱

Whip_It_420ml_Can_620x_9452d24b-eb86-4164-a300-1d9a604ddea6_1080x.jpg

Devo - Whip It (Official Music Video)

🙏🏻✌️

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

I couldn't find the butane thread that has all the manufacturers rated in a spreadsheet.. admittedly, I didn't spend much time looking...🙄

I've only been purchasing Colibri Premium in 6-packs off Amazon since I got my 1st DV in '17... but I forgot to re-order and had to grab a "Band-Aid" at the headshop... anyone know if this stuff is any good? 420ml BOGO, 2 for $8... will it ruin my Big Shot? 😱

🙏🏻✌️
Here it is : https://fuckcombustion.com/resources/butane-quality-lighter-refuelling-technique.19/

Hard to tell if it will ruin the big shot... this is not a micro torch so it will not gunk as easy imo.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

🙏🏻✌️
I've seen whip-it recommended before for bho production. It's supposed to be very clean. 👍

Knewt

🙏🏻✌️
It says “premium“, so it has to be good.

Hippie

Newport bottle the same gas for many brands so I usually look out for their "Near Zero Impurities" label, when choosing gas

Still reasonably happy with my Bo Mo & Co torch - altho I wish I'd picked one with a window so you can see the gas.

Hippie,
Reactions: Bologna

rvarick

🙏🏻✌️
I've been using this brand for a couple years now. I picked it based on it supposedly having minimal impurities, from some other big list I found. It's definitely cooperated with all my torches (no complaints there at least).

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Thanks for chiming in, Euro-bros, et al... I really appreciate it!

Yeah, the Big Buddy gobbles it down and spits it out no problem and the various smaller torches seem perfectly fine, too... not bad for $4 a can (not on sale) and like 1/2 mile from my door.

🙏🏻:tup::peace:

Knewt

Hmmm, sounds a little salty 🤔 I take it you're still on the weed wagon...?
Not sure what is meant by the weed wagon. I am back to vaping after only edibles for 5 months. Almost like a t break because my tolerance is very low at the moment.

I have always felt that my Blazer torch (I have 2) is more powerful than my Ronx dual flame (also 2). I also prefer a torch that has a true 90° head. I heat my Anvil hands free and it’s difficult to do with an angled head.

Knewt,

AndyO

Here it is : https://fuckcombustion.com/resources/butane-quality-lighter-refuelling-technique.19/

Hard to tell if it will ruin the big shot... this is not a micro torch so it will not gunk as easy imo.

Is there a more recent version than that? This is 7 years old now, it can't possibly be current.

On top of that:
- none of these are available to me in Australia
- I recently bought some Xakar branded butane, which I wouldn't have bought by accident. I would've bought it based on a recommendation or a new list.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Nice thread, shaddy we didn't think about it sooner...

I was tired of the piezo failing on every Torch I had so I switched for that one:

... cause the classic&replacable flint!

And like others posted I opted for the famous PB-207 recently, it's surprising a such expensive lighter get a so cheap look but I valued the positives feedbacks I noticed.

PB-207 delivers a sturdier longer flame and hold more gaz but I really appreciate the Dublin replacable flint, the locked flame but it doesn't hold a lot of gaz and flame is slightly weaker than the one from PB-207. Hope they last, Dublin is 1 year old and Prince is 1 month old, before the Dublin I never had a single torch to last so long at the exception of the Big torches but they are less used, yes I use mines intensively!

I have a Lighter's cementary counting a couple of dozens lighters...

PPN,

simba

@weedanwine
Replaceable flint lighters are great but also not ideal for direct draw butane devices, but good choice for Dynavap style heating.

I also waited a while before I got the PB-207 but it's definitely worth it. I wouldn't mind being able to make the flame smaller on it, but aside from that minor con it's a great choice.

Top Bottom