• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Burning throat sensation after vaporization

roger3505

Hey FC !
I started vap about 3 months ago, I'm a big fan of vaporization and I've completely stopped combustion. However, for a few weeks I've been feeling a hot throat sensation after vap. I only vap weekends and it is significant this impression that comes a few hours after having vaporized. I don't cough and I don't have the feeling of an itchy feeling or irritation just a burning throat sensation.
I use a Mighty and I tried differents temperatures, from 160 to 200 ° C and differents materials, but it's always the same.
Does that do that to you too ?
Would it come from the mighty ? Can you recommend another vape for me ?
Hope this fixes the problem with another vape because I love the vaporization..
Thanks to all for your contribution !
Nb: sorry for my bad english i'm french (thanks Google trad!)
Pierre

west-elec

I was going to suggest that the Mighty does produce fairly dry vapour and maybe try a water pipe adaptor and a water pipe to cool and add moisture to the vapour. But if it only burns hours after vaping and not immediately after a session something else is going on.
If I misunderstood you because of Google translate, do you mean it burns after vaping, and lasts for a few hours or does the burn not start until a few hours after vaping?

west-elec,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
How is the quality of your cannabis? Is this a new batch since the irritation started?

roger3505

I was going to suggest that the Mighty does produce fairly dry vapour and maybe try a water pipe adaptor and a water pipe to cool and add moisture to the vapour. But if it only burns hours after vaping and not immediately after a session something else is going on.
If I misunderstood you because of Google translate, do you mean it burns after vaping, and lasts for a few hours or does the burn not start until a few hours after vaping?
I don't feel anything special during and just after the vaporization. The sensation comes about half an hour or an hour later the vaporization and lasts a few hours after. The next day it usually disappeared ...

How is the quality of your cannabis? Is this a new batch since the irritation started?
No it's the same .. It is natural and pesticide free.

roger3505,

west-elec

OK that's unusual. Unlikely changing vapes will make any difference. Have you looked to see if there is redness and physical signs?
I can't offer much except, sometimes 'natural' pesticide free weed may be contaminated with mites or other bugs, because it hasn't been sprayed. Maybe an allergic reaction to something??? Clutching at straws really, but I get hay fever allergies and back of the throat gets itchy from where pollen grains hit, maybe something similar???
Are you hydrating after vaping? Perhaps your throat is just getting dried out and it takes a while to start getting sore??? Drink lots and maybe try a throat spray?
If you can't find a cause don't be afraid to see a doctor and tell them about your vaping. They will need the full picture to help diagnose if you have a real problem.

west-elec,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
If your herb is good and you have already tried lower temperature? I'm sorry but I don't think I will be much more help but the delay of your irritation is perplexing to me. Do you have any discomfort at all while vaporizing? Coughing? Scratchy throat at all? If you have no discomfort maybe try using a water pipe adapter for your mighty with a bong but really I feel like that is a solution for someone who has discomfort vaporizing. I'm at a loss sorry dude

Bad Dog,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hmmm...I vape every day, throughout the day, and I've never had a "throat burning" issue as you describe.

Are you vaping mostly dry, or are you often using a water-piece to cool and hydrate the vapor?

Did you ever experience similar sensations when combusting?

Ramahs,

roger3505

Thanks for your help.
I'm not allergic, and it never did that to me with combustion. Besides I would have to try again with the combustion to see if it does the same thing.
I tried to analyze the sensation it looks like my throat is asleep, but it may be the effects of cannabis :)
I will try with a water-piece and I will tell you if it changes anything. I will also try to more hydrating myselft after vaping.
Have a nice week end ;)

roger3505,
Reactions: Bad Dog

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I still get vapor burnt throat after heavy sessions takes time to get use to it, but after 6 or so years of vaping I still fall victim to it even with water pipes. Especially if the herb is heavy with the Eucalyptol terpenes I believe the menthol like ones

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Thanks for your help.
I'm not allergic, and it never did that to me with combustion. Besides I would have to try again with the combustion to see if it does the same thing.
I tried to analyze the sensation it looks like my throat is asleep, but it may be the effects of cannabis :)
I will try with a water-piece and I will tell you if it changes anything. I will also try to more hydrating myselft after vaping.
Have a nice week end ;)
You could also use something to soothe your throat like honey after you vape and see if it can help to prevent or treat the discomfort later.

Morimoto

I also get dry ass throat from vaping, best thing to do is drink lots of water, and if the dryness gets bad, try a sugary drink, milk, a candy, chocolate, anything to start mucus production, I'm lactose intolerant so milk work perfect, my body starts producing thick mucus and i'm good to go lol.

EverythingsHazy

Vaporizing itself can be irritating, with the dryness and temperature. Using a bong with warm water can add humidity to the hits, which can make them less harsh. Taking smaller hits, or using a longer air path to allow the vapor to cool, can both be helpful, as well.
I'd like to add that lowering your tolerance should help as well, because it reduces the volume of vapor that you have to consume in order to get the effects that you desire.

I'm lactose intolerant so milk work perfect, my body starts producing thick mucus and i'm good to go lol.
You may be the only person to have ever said those words in that order. :lol:

guipesa

In my opinion, apart from the heat, it is due to the condemnation of the vapor in resin, it is difficult to dilute by the mucosa. The same happens to me.

hoptimum

Hey FC !
I started vap about 3 months ago, I'm a big fan of vaporization and I've completely stopped combustion. However, for a few weeks I've been feeling a hot throat sensation after vap. I only vap weekends and it is significant this impression that comes a few hours after having vaporized. I don't cough and I don't have the feeling of an itchy feeling or irritation just a burning throat sensation.
I use a Mighty and I tried differents temperatures, from 160 to 200 ° C and differents materials, but it's always the same.
Does that do that to you too ?
Would it come from the mighty ? Can you recommend another vape for me ?
Hope this fixes the problem with another vape because I love the vaporization..
Thanks to all for your contribution !
Nb: sorry for my bad english i'm french (thanks Google trad!)
Pierre

Vapor will irritate your throat. There's no way around it. Drink lots of water

hoptimum,
Reactions: RobbIt

brainiac

log wrangler
I got that when I started vaping. Went away after two weeks - that was six years ago.
Intermittent usage may take longer to build up a tolerance.
Good advice above. I, too, would suggest water conditioning. Water should be warm or, ideally, hot.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
:peace:

brainiac,
Reactions: RobbIt
Top Bottom