Bump this thread if you're on a Tolerance Break now

What's the duration of your ideal Tolerance Break?

• 1 day

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 2 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or more days

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

TomC1315

A tolerance break is easier said than done, but well worth it, IMO ... it is a good practice for those of us who:

* want to get really high, like when we first started, when we vape
* don't want to be always "needing to be high"
* want to reduce/control our spending a little better

After getting high whenever possible for 3 decades, I quit for 9.5 yrs, and learned that:

* a good night's sleep is still possible (it only took a month or two before it was business as usual :-)
* I could enjoy life in much the same way as I always had
* there are other things to spend my $$$ on
* exercise is enjoyable
* music is still enjoyable ( I was afraid that I might not like it as much )
* I could be happy, content, productive, and a good husband and father

Once I began getting high again (March 2015), I realized that:

*for me at least, it still takes will power and determination to abstain from getting high every day
- during the past 11 months, it's been a real challenge to abstain during the work week ( maybe 10 days total in that time )
* it doesn't take long to build up a tolerance to the MJ ... during a recent layoff from work (43 days), it became a 24/7 thing ... one day i waited 'till 5pm - that was my biggest show of will power :-(
As a result, as we all know, I wasn't getting as high as I'd like.

*on the positive side of things: getting high before and during work, thankfully, has not been an issue like it had been during those 30 yrs ... and I've continued to exercise regularly (which began shortly after my 9.5yr TB got under way)

So ... I had a TB recently of 4 1/2 days (Feb 2 thru 6) ... fell off the wagon the following week ... got high this past Monday (2/15), but summoned up the where-with-all to abstain Tuesday (yesterday), today, and most assuredly tomorrow. And then this Friday, I'll once again partake and get high as f*#!

I need to view the whole TB thing as a practice, a routine ... and this will result in:

* getting much higher, for longer, than I would have otherwise vaping everyday
* a feeling of independence (rather than a dependency)
- for thirty years, and then recently for the past 11 months, MJ has been kind of my ball-n-chain
- MJ had proven to be, for myself, too much of a priority ... and it wasn't without its repercussions

Recommendation regarding a good night's sleep ... I've found that, as is my general practice, not getting high close to bedtime (having my last session 2 or 3 hours before its time to go to sleep) helps on those TB days.
Do I fall asleep and stay asleep as easily during a TB? No ... but I believe that it is nevertheless, a better night's sleep.
It can be frustrating ... but the bottom line is this: getting high everyday results in a high tolerance to THC and that a TB pays dividends to those of us who are willing and able (the Medical MJ folks might not be able to explore this option) to take regular breaks.

Not that I want to lose my train of thought in mid-sentence, but that's a good indicator for me as to how high I'm getting ...
That first day after my 9.5 yr TB ... wow ... "what was i talking about?"
vs.
"i know I just vaped 30 mins ago, but I should wait at least an hour ... "

NCjqtRMl.jpg

It's there when I want it ... but so is the opportunity of a regular, beneficial Tolerance Break :-)

What's your experience with abstaining ?

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Interesting idea for a thread. Kinda the antithesis of the "Bump this thread if you're VAPED now" thread.

I don't do tolerance breaks very often because, well, I enjoy getting high too much haha. I usually only take a break when I run out of herb, and even then I usually have ABV or reclaim to tide me over. I've been experimenting with low-temperature micro dosing lately, and that seems to work well to give me the uplifting effects I want without getting completely blasted.

Yesterday I decided not to vape because I didn't really feel like it. It was late after I got home from work and I was a little tired, so I just went to bed. Does that count as a t-break? :sherlock:

:peace:

TomC1315

Interesting idea for a thread. Kinda the antithesis of the "Bump this thread if you're VAPED now" thread.

Yesterday I decided not to vape because I didn't really feel like it. It was late after I got home from work and I was a little tired, so I just went to bed. Does that count as a t-break? :sherlock:

:peace:

Yep ... sounds like a 1 day t-break to me ... and a certain degree of independence as well :-)

TomC1315,
Reactions: Derrrpp
Top Bottom