Budget scoop and stir tool?

iammyself

I’m looking for a scoop and stir tool for my Healthy Rips Fury Edge. I currently use a small spoon to scoop into this funnel, and use the dab tool that came with the Edge to stir. It works fine, but I also have a Sticky Brick Runt ordered, and want a more universal all-in-one solution.

I’d love to get the Delta 3D Studio scoop-n-poke tool, but can’t justify the cost when what I have works. Are there any other options that function similar? It doesn’t have to be steel. I totally get why the Delta 3D costs what it does, I just can’t justify it.

iammyself,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have a medium length metal scoop and poke and I love ❤️ it to death. Its helped me enormously with my dosing as well as made my vaping experience quick and flawless. That said I'm glad I didn't have to pay shipping for a international order, got it at the 420 sale. Was it a little pricey? Yes...... but I can't ever see going back to guesstimating my dose size and if I boneheadedly lost it I'd have to immediately place another order. Unless you are stupid and lose it, it will last a lifetime so overall I see it as a small investment when looking at its longevity. His plastic one is cheaper but only comes in small but perhaps you can ask him if he can make a longer one for you. Its completed my Weedeater experience, helped with my Dynavap and next month it will help me dial in my tinymight, I even use it when I occasionally combust. No how no way would I want to be without it

iammyself

I know I’d love it. It’s exactly what I want. Maybe I’ll wait until I’ve put some time between ordering a Sticky Brick Runt, and Brilliant Cut Grinder (just ordered one Friday), so the ~$33 doesn’t seem so bad. I need to get tested for VAS, I think I got it bad.

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Buy once, cry once. Get what you really want. You obviously understand that if you bought a BCG.
@Delta3DStudios makes great stuff and is very active on this forum. I've got an order coming - it was supposed to be here Friday but USPS somehow delayed it, it should be here tomorrow. My VAS has been flaring up recently, too. :)
Otherwise try searching Amazon. You'll find something, they've got everything.

iammyself

Buy once, cry once. Get what you really want. You obviously understand that if you bought a BCG.
It took me 4 tries to get the grinder right, I don’t love the first 3 I got. You convinced me with that one. I’ll get it next time I feel the itch to get vape gear.

Bad Dog

When it comes to vapes and vas I just keep moving $25-50 to my savings account every month because I know there will be another purchase in the future. As for the scoop and poke it just felt effortless and natural adding it to my routine and I was instantly happy with it. I could easily fill out the whole text box singing it's praises, I'm that over the moon about it. If you have any interest in lessening or regimenting your dosing it's invaluable and would pair excellently with your runt. Once you have it in hand you'll wonder how you got along without it and you'll feel less sting from its price tag. I haven't not measured my dose in months, since I got it and I feel no nostalgia for taking pinches out of my grinder of various amounts never quite knowing what I got. It's great knowing exactly what I'm vaping so the experience is repeatable every time with no guess work.

Edit: I want a BCG myself but my vapes keep giving me reasons to keep using my 15 year old nameless grinder, at the time it cost between 40-60 bucks but when you get a item that stands the test of time price becomes more subjective

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
If you want to go cheapo, get yourself a set of 1/8th to 1 tsp. plastic or metal measuring spoons & manicuring tools make good stirrers or wooden food scewers can be cut down & make great stirrers with the pointed ends. When they loose their pointiness, just grab another from the pkg.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Check out The Rogue Wax Works. He makes so many tools, it’s hard to choose. Low cost, fast service, and he answered all my questions and made some suggestions, via PM.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I have the New Vape Pax scoop & like it. And look into pointy (& sharp!) titanium or metal stirrers - works great. I have the one I got when Vape Critic was giving them away gratuitously. Just Google the above; I'm too lazy :spliff:right now.

RustyOldNail

Summer

Long Island, NY
@RustyOldNail, close, but no cigar. ;) Actually, I meant the ones (2) shown on this page. (I would spring for the longer one.) Yours looks a little too thin & pointy for my preference. What I like about the metal VC one is that but has a head on it to hold on to:

(I love the keychain format for the ti tamp tool, but the tamp head looks too small for my prefefence.)

I've come across the tI rainbow stirrers sold in several places on the web.

But wherever you buy, you gotta be sure to stipulate to pick out a fine, sharp, pointed one because these are mfr'd in China so the sharpness or bluntness of the tips have no uniformity. If I didn't get a nice tip after I specified it, I might not do business there again because I've hit a point (no pun intended (:D) in my short vaping career where, when It comes to vape & accessories, I expect solid, quality customer service like PUI.

Last edited:

Pistol Pete

I recommend a doob tube. Easy to carry, inexpensive, can hold a day's worth ground up of course. Color code the caps for strains or use tape. I use a spoon at home with a container but lately I have been using a tube. Like at the picnic table out back by the pool. I can load a bowl with the tube and my Fury 2 at a light or even driving. Last mention is for professionals only. :cool:

RustyOldNail

I just ordered from him and it was much nicer than I expected for the price. He has a really useful scoop and stir tool. I also recommend picking up one of his dynavap cap remover/scoop as well.

The only issue I had was ....... so MANY CHOICES. And since the prices are so low compared to just about every other vape accessory I buy, it’s a great source for tools.

MikeRotchHertz

The only issue I had was ....... so MANY CHOICES. And since the prices are so low compared to just about every other vape accessory I buy, it’s a great source for tools.
Here's a great portable stir and scoop tool. Also shown is the large scoop with the elegant looking handle. I've been joking that I should put my pinky out when loading.
20200727_200125_compress41.jpg

RustyOldNail

Here's a great portable stir and scoop tool. Also shown is the large scoop with the elegant looking handle. I've been joking that I should put my pinky out when loading.
View attachment 1661

I had to comment, as the odds of you posting the picture of the scoop I bought from him, are high.

I have that scoop style, but NOT wood, the other end is a similar but smaller scoop, all SS and highly polished. I wanted one for concentrates that are hard at room temperature. For my herb, I use the New Vape Pax style .1 load tool. To find tools without wood I had to dig deeper into his catalog, I think on Etsy.

RustyOldNail,

Bad Dog

I believe there are two styles of metal scoop and poke. The squared off one and triangular, I have the triangular one and it works perfectly to get every last flake out of the grinder along the outside edge. It's so nice and pocketable with a narrow enough point to be able to move one flake at a time but not so sharp it will poke a hole in your pocket. Moving from place to place at all the less clutter the better for me. But really any scoop should help with getting consistent results when paired with a good grinder

Bad Dog

The initial pain of purchase will quickly fade once you get it in your hands and see the ease of use in your routine, enjoy

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I get it, the price totally sucks! 3D printed 420 alloy steel is an expensive multi-step process requiring the parts to be printed, annealed, then buffed before shipping to me. This was affordable........ until our country enacted steel tariffs which raised prices on the raw steel powder used in 3D printing steel (this raw material is available from only one supplier in the entire world), as such once my manufacturing costs increased 150%, I was forced to raise the prices slightly on all steel scoop tools to cover the increase in costs. That's partially why I've introduced some new nylon tools which are still a bit pricey to manufacture currently, but not quite as much as the steel. These days I'm essentially printing these steel tools at cost for my customers because they are so popular. Given expenses and taxes I am sadly not making any profit even at these prices until I can afford to move into a space large enough to acquire my own metal 3D printer for the studio which is a future milestone for the business. :bang:

All that said, I do have several blemished Scoop-n-Stir copies laying around the studio. Copies which I rejected for one reason or another, and can't justify selling at full price to my customers. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in a blemished copy. I believe I only have two laying around and I'm sure after typing this they'll be gone fast, but I'd be happy to help out. The Scoop-n-stir was my original scoop tool (still using my original yellow golden scoop-n-stir six years later almost daily that entire time haha)

I promise I'm constantly working on expanding the studio so I can add more machinery in-house to reduce these manufacturing costs. If only I was foolish enough to outsource my designs to China for low-cost mass production like most of my competition

[10 minute later edit] - aaannnnd the PMs have started pouring in already. @iammyself as the OP I'm holding a copy for you - PM me and I'll send over pictures of the blemished copies and payment instructions. I'll reach out to all those who PM'd as well with any other copies I can dig up around the studio :cheers:

Last edited:

MLBxxMLB

Anyone know if the scoop shapes/sizes are the same or similar between the Etsy and eBay stores of rogue wax works?

I want the medium scoop from the Etsy store, but also a stir/poker on the other end. There are a few like that on the eBay store, but hard to tell from images of the scoops are as deep as the Etsy ones and not more flat.

MLBxxMLB,
Top Bottom