Bubble beer ?

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
tends to have a bunch of grit in it, i guess you could filter that out though... never thought to taste the water.

rabblerouser,

sea dog

I made 300 gallons of bubble beer and there is no grit to it.
There is still a lot of THC in the water that gets thru a 25 micron bag.
I had lots of friends throwing the water out so I tried making beer with it.
It can be VERY strong as several people passed out while standing up.
If you don't have beer making skills ... can you make fruit punch ?
Boil the bubble water. Cool it and use it to make punch from concentrate.
Be careful when you try it ... as with all edibles ...

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
300 gallons of thc run-off beer? Dang that is a LOT of bubble hash you've been making. lol

Diggy Smalls,

sea dog

I got a little too serious homebrewing. I had a grower friend that had lots of friends.
I gave them half the beer and I was up to my neck in Home Cheapo buckets full of BH water quicker than you can say 'memory loss'. Some 'water' literally looked like it came from the black lagoon! The water is bitter so you just use less bittering hops when you make beer out of it. I always cold crashed the beer before I bottled it so it was sorta clear. You can't believe how strong it was. I gave 3 to a guy that was 6'5" and 350 lbs. In less than an hour from the first sip he passed out standing up while talking to some people. He didn't even put his hands out ... someone should have yelled 'TIMBER' !!
I quit making it because too many people seemed to not be able to handle it.

sea dog,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have home-brewing friends (I know the guys that run the local home-brew club) that are also fans of cannabis that would probably try it, but we don't know anyone that makes bubble hash.

Ramahs,

sea dog

I had the same problem then. I was at a guys house where his friends came over to make B.H. - I guess all those washing machines get a bit loud for some people.
At some point i was thinking about making pot beer to sell in the pot clinics.
I did put the 'recipe' for pot beer on several big brewing sites.
They have since made combining alcohol and pot illegal in Ca.

sea dog,

Ramahs

Any cannabis is illegal here. lol
So, finding people making bubble hash around here is hard. Risk of prison doesn't help (I already did ten-years felony probation because of it).

Ramahs,
Reactions: howie105

sea dog

It's VERY different in N.Cal. - Pot is now sold prepacked and tested in clinics.
The local people who sold to them are SOL and prices crashed. $500 lb for killer bud.
I got some that was $75 a lb to make into bubble hash. Sugar trim is $20+ a lb.
I have a script for 25 lbs and someone tried to give me 100 lbs of sugar trim yesterday.I had to turn him down.
I have a bunch of rescue dogs that don't want me in jail.

Ramahs

Yeah, if I had it like that I'd definitely be making my own hash.

I have a mother and brother that both moved to Oregon about a year ago...it's awfully tempting for me to look into going that way since I've now got a place I could sleep till I get a job and settled.

But I've currently got an ok job where I'm at, which isn't pushing me to take a risk and just move away unless I have a good job opportunity waiting for me.

Ramahs,
Does the beer making process decarb the water? Without proper decarb'ing, it doesn't seem like it would be psychoactive.

And, since THC and all the other canabinoids and terpene OILS are not water soluble, how did they mix with the beer.

Would love to do this but it doesn't add up.

sea dog

Have ever got bored and made a 1 lb. rosin ball ... ?
Funny story ...
I went to turn the swamp cooler off and found almost 4 pounds in a trash bag.
It somehow got lost while making bubble hash. (we had a lot)
I was actually bummed because it meant we had to go to work.
That is sure a strange way to look at a big bag of weed.

IamBenito

Formerly me2
Does the beer making process decarb the water? Without proper decarb'ing, it doesn't seem like it would be psychoactive.

And, since THC and all the other canabinoids and terpene OILS are not water soluble, how did they mix with the beer.

Would love to do this but it doesn't add up.

it will be boiled for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours so i think it would get decarbed.
ive done several batches using herb instead of hops. came out kick ass!
dosed with tincture for mo kick.

IamBenito,
Reactions: sea dog

sea dog

Thanks for the idea Me2 - Dirty rice sounds good !
---
Tip - When using BH water for cooking -
Pour it in a Home Cheapo bucket and let it settle for a day.
Pour off at least 80% of the liquid (mostly water) after a day.

Last edited:
sea dog,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Using oat meal could explain how you solved the cannabinoids out of the herbs. Oat contents fats which solve thc. If it isn't the cause I don't get it. THC can be solved this way only by alcohol (therefore some brewers are using a Barley Vine) or fats (some are mashing oatcakes). Would really like to hear another way which is scientifically proven.
And I find it completely incomprehensible how your BH water should solve THV while the cold wash, especially as all worthy stuff is filtered out by the bags?
Don't get me wrong I'm not intending to say you are wrong I only don't have an explanation for it.

Hogni,

sea dog

If you think everything is strained out by the 25 bag - you are wrong.
Heat it, cool it, drink it and get back to me when you wake up.

sea dog,
Hey, @sea dog do you use lecithin anywhere in your process?

I am playing with beer and I want to brew my own canna beer. Been reading a little and it seems pretty involved,albeit, everything does until you've done it twice. LOL

Any recommendations on a small 'all-in-one' home kit I can buy?

Thanks

Hackerman,

sea dog

If you want to make beer - chat up the guy at a homebrew store.
We have 5 breweries close to my house that make great beer.

IamBenito

Formerly me2
Hey, @sea dog do you use lecithin anywhere in your process?

I am playing with beer and I want to brew my own canna beer. Been reading a little and it seems pretty involved,albeit, everything does until you've done it twice. LOL

Any recommendations on a small 'all-in-one' home kit I can buy?

Thanks
watch out with the lecithin in brewing. kind screws up head retention.
when you brew, you are a janitor that makes tea. clean clean and clean again, wait for a bit then clean some more.

IamBenito,
Cool, thanks.

Wow, cleaning sure seems to be important in beer making. The video that came with my beer making kit said the same thing... clean, clean. clean.

My next door neighbor is a beer maker and he said he just threw out 5 gallons because it was bad from not cleaning something or other. LOL

So, I guess cleaning is pretty important. I will remember that.

Thanks again.

Also, I don't think I'll be using lecithin in the beer. I tried mixing some with regular beer and it didn't work out very well. It works fine with vodka and Everclear but.... definitely not with beer.

I have to review but I think I just steep the decarb'd pot in a bag at the same time I steep the grains for the beer. I have 1 ounce for 1 gallon. Hopefully, I am close. :)

Hackerman,
Top Bottom