Brushes for tube cleaning

steiner666

Serial vapist
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has spotted something like what I've been looking for. I have a bottle brush (one of those brushes used for cleaning baby bottles or cups) and I wanted to use it to clean my tube with. The problem is that the shaft that the bristles of the brush are on is too thick to fit down past the ice pinches in the tube to get to where the main dirty spots are. So what i'm looking for is some sort of brush that has wide and abrasive enough of bristles that are mounted on a skinny shaft that I could use for this purpose.

I looked all over walmart and couldnt find anything, I was thinking about checking home depot or something, but then i remembered how much easier it is to find things online than in a huge store so i figured i'd ask here.]

*edit* something like this http://www.amazon.com/Lixit-Water-B...QG78/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1318872503&sr=8-6 but maybe nicer and i'm not sure on the size of this one....

steiner666,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I use these two myself:

one

two

That shop doesn't ship to the USA btw, sorry about that.

The big one fitted through the ice notches of my 500ml Ehle, but just barely and only when it was inserted in a certain way. I often ended up just using the thinner one (which is more intended for downstems and such) out of sheer annoyance. I think the opening between the ice notches was about 0,4X0,8".

edit edit :)

Perhaps that one would work?

OhTheAgony,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah it's hard to guess how well they'll get past the pinches until you actually try them.

I was going to get one off amazon, but when i saw that the shipping was about 2x as much as the item itself i went to ebay and found an even better deal. Ended up ordering this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bottle-Brus...073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e98a85a1

The seller had a buyitnow listing and i was able to get one for about $6 shipped. Im pretty sure that skinny metal shaft will be able to get past my pinches well enough. I just hope the bristles are wide/stiff enough to do a good job cleaning.

Next i just need to find a really skinny one for the downstem. Although i suppose i could just soak it with my stems easily enough.

steiner666,
Top Bottom