Broken Vaporite vaporizer

dhende9

Hi I recently plugged my vaporizer into a car adapter, immediately frying the vaporizer. I then opened the vape finding a completely burnt resistor. I've taken it too radioshack, but they have no resistors of the same size and I don't know the specs of the resistor because everything was burnt off of it. Below are pictures of the resistor, the back of the circuit board, and the front of the board where the resistor should be. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

dhende9,

OF

dhende9 said:
Hi I recently plugged my vaporizer into a car adapter, immediately frying the vaporizer. I then opened the vape finding a completely burnt resistor. I've taken it too radioshack, but they have no resistors of the same size and I don't know the specs of the resistor because everything was burnt off of it. Below are pictures of the resistor, the back of the circuit board, and the front of the board where the resistor should be. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

I bet they have it, they just don't know which one. If someone has the same unit and can relate the colors of the bands of paint on their (good) unit, we can move ahead. Likewise, typical values aren't all that critical, a schooled chap can probably look at the rest of the circuit and make an educated guess that will do fine (unless it's a temperature control or other sensitive circuit in which case there are other techniques a good tech can use to get you up and running......maybe).

What you have to face is resistors are pretty simple, reliable guys. Chances are really high there's another fault on that board that caused it to overheat and unless you find and fix that the next resistor is sure to follow.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

There might be a clue at the end of this thread, which is where the picture below is from:

:peace:

Egzoset,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
Egz, u beat me to it!

at the end of mentioned thread...
maxbenner said:
was this topic ever resolved.
I had the burnt resister problem also.
I replaced the burnt resister with
RGB5 Noble 05
47 ohm K