Broken glass, an appreciation

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Many of us feel a pang when a piece cracks, breaks or smashes into a gazillion pieces.

Worse still, when the breakage is small yet enormously significant to the functioning of the piece, like a razor sharp chip in a mouthpiece.

Even small hairline cracks are a reminder that eventually you're going to want a replacement intake for that butane vape you brought from another continent, even if you can't face $20 international shipping for a $10 doodad.

Here's a thread for the loved and lost and limping-on regardless, as well as the dreams we've shattered along the way.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
:(
PXL-20230501-163448793.jpg

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Fear thread, for sure.
Most of the glass breakage I've dealt with has been in shipping, but I have felt the heartbreak and horror in the moment when The Accident happens. This has led me to buying backups, and I also have a large silicone collection and more Chill Steel pieces than perhaps necessary, hoping to avoid breaks. As much as I love these pieces, I do love glass, so heartbreak as glass breaks is inevitable.
MJ Arsenal Saturn, a gift. It somehow snapped cleanly off the base because of an adapter. It was replaced, but it still stings.

Top Bottom