BRNR Alpha by BRNR Lab

Summer

Long Island, NY

Pre-order price is $20. Gee, I wonder who they are copycatting? :brow:

Last edited:

CANtalk

These seem to be available on the VapeXhale website.

ChooChooCharlie

Seibo StoneMonkey!

seibo-brnr.jpg

I see you behind that mask, looks like you're also behind BRNR
Rough biz ... what happened to his Hanu stone?
Back to the 510 cart battery re-design market, I guess
Good luck to him I say, maybe I'll try one of his CCell Palm form factor batts
brnrlab.com

florduh

what happened to his Hanu stone?

When I found out the Hanu thing is just an AVD cart wrapped in a really expensive, and far less portable package... I was floored. I expected better out of the guy behind the Cloud Evo.

That having been said, AVD has some great tech. I have one of the cheaper batteries "BRNR" makes. The one with the little hemp derived sleeve. Though I paid maybe $10 for it, because it wasn't branded by anyone.

ChooChooCharlie

I placed an order for a mixr seed bundle, looks like fun

Out of respect for Seibo -- his contributions to the industry, and his positive entrepreneurial spirit

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: CANtalk

ChooChooCharlie

Gonna acquire some AVD carts to match the BRNR AVD seed, for research purposes. Read about AVD brands available here like Connected, Friendly, Buddies, and saw AVD mentioned in this Blue River description. Quite a "signature series" price for 1/2 g

B-River-sauce.jpg

Remembered I had an old Buddies cart from July, but it clearly is a CCell cartridge. Maybe they switched to AVD recently ... more research needed
buddie-ccell-cart.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

Update:
BRNR-MIXR-Bundle.jpg

Double your pleasure, double your fun. BRNR MIXR SEED -- wait, do I need to spell "bundle" in all caps also?

Super fast order shipping, but spendy fedex. Two cute little 2.5 inch SEED cube packages, MIXR in eco friendly cardboard package

Grippy silicone surface, good ergo contours, while removeable mouthpiece section is smooth plastic which should be easy to iso wipe out

I don't mind the vibration during inhale. Probably due to "oscillating" heater or something, kinda like Ghost. Really don't believe it would be an intentionally designed haptic signal, doesn't make sense

Personally, I prefer inhale activation. It's always on, no button or five click nonsense. No clogging on any of three old carts I tried, a good sign. I like the simple and effective little Hi/Lo voltage control switch on bottom

Clever idea. Now I need to score some of those pricey AVD sauce carts. With two of those in the MIXR, I'll feel super decadent. Should swig down some champagne from the bottle as a chaser.
(strain terp purists will have apoplectic fits if I mix two different sauce carts)

Edit: @Stu 's owner Xena is to blame/thank for this edit -- Xena's mission got inverted, reconstructed, resurrected, and revered as Bastet in a terminator inspired Neverending acid trip story

MIXR gets photobombing mission, riding astride Bastet, doing its best impression of Slim Pickens during final Dr Stangelove scene

Slim-and-cat.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Gotta keep it all in the AVD - BRNR family:

avd-cart-selection.jpg

MIXRing my own hybrid, 1 g sour diesel with 1/2 g mr sandman, interesting taste, but when I switched voltage to Hi, bit of a burned aftertaste. Lo be the way to go, as we all know

Capless MIXR looks funny with two different sized carts, but it works, silicone sleeve gives good air tight fit for the two SEEDs
two-sized-carts-in-mixr.jpg

kitkatjam22

So I’m ready to get either the alpha pen or the seed, or both... but I’m having trouble comparing the two and figuring out which one I should go for. Pros and cons to each? Anyone tried both and would recommend one over the other?

kitkatjam22,
Reactions: CANtalk

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So I’m ready to get either the alpha pen or the seed, or both... but I’m having trouble comparing the two and figuring out which one I should go for. Pros and cons to each? Anyone tried both and would recommend one over the other?
Hey! The both have the same voltage settings and the Smartpulse algorithm. Asides from form factor, the main difference is that the Alpha has a second mouthpiece while the SEED has a shorter profile to it.

@ChooChooCharlie Thanks for sharing all those photos! I hope you are loving the MIXR, it is my personal favorite product that we make. It is hard to go wrong with Blue River and Friendly Farms so it looks like you are going to have an excellent holiday weekend.

You guys are correct in the AVD/BRNR/Hanu all share similar tech infrastructure. We partnered with AVD because their founders also have a background in extraction and we wanted to created a platform of devices that were highly functional but also affordable. As you can see, in California, so many top oil brands have switched from the CCELL to the AVD platform.

We also leveraged a lot of the principles that made the EVO so great and applied them into devices that are much more accessible and affordable to the public.

The BRNR brand is taking all the AVD tech and introducing a consumer facing brand. The BRNR devices all feature the Smartpulse algorithm that really ensures that you don't prematurely boil off your terps by overheating the atomizer. The next step was to introduce some really cool but affordable accessories. I hope you guys are enjoying the line up right now, there is a lot more cool stuff comiing your way!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey! The both have the same voltage settings and the Smartpulse algorithm. Asides from form factor, the main difference is that the Alpha has a second mouthpiece while the SEED has a shorter profile to it.

@ChooChooCharlie Thanks for sharing all those photos! I hope you are loving the MIXR, it is my personal favorite product that we make. It is hard to go wrong with Blue River and Friendly Farms so it looks like you are going to have an excellent holiday weekend.

You guys are correct in the AVD/BRNR/Hanu all share similar tech infrastructure. We partnered with AVD because their founders also have a background in extraction and we wanted to created a platform of devices that were highly functional but also affordable. As you can see, in California, so many top oil brands have switched from the CCELL to the AVD platform.

We also leveraged a lot of the principles that made the EVO so great and applied them into devices that are much more accessible and affordable to the public.

The BRNR brand is taking all the AVD tech and introducing a consumer facing brand. The BRNR devices all feature the Smartpulse algorithm that really ensures that you don't prematurely boil off your terps by overheating the atomizer. The next step was to introduce some really cool but affordable accessories. I hope you guys are enjoying the line up right now, there is a lot more cool stuff comiing your way!

This is off topic but I'm just curious if you still vape flower?

See ya around, OG!

invertedisdead,

ChooChooCharlie

MIXR with two good carts feels very SciFy to me. No buttons, pick it up, start inhaling, get that reassuring vibration

Low voltage tastes great, but reduces clouds

MIXR to the rescue! Very effective

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
This is off topic but I'm just curious if you still vape flower?

See ya around, OG!

Oh yea, I love flower still. I'm growing some Super Lemon Haze, Biscotti, and good ole OG Kush, should be ready in a few weeks!

@ChooChooCharlie I agree, i usually go double LOW in order to get some decent clouds but the flavor is AMAZING. If I am in a rush, I do double HIGH setting but I can no longer do those dragon clouds like back in the day so I need to proceed with caution.

junny89

Does the BRNR Alpha accept any cartridge Or is it a specific cartridge you can use only?
Love the the mixr idea, kind of reminds me of the Hamilton devices one but more futuristic. Definitely will look in to these a bit more

junny89,

ChooChooCharlie

Yup, alpha or seed, which i posted accept any cart

the avd carts apparently have an advantage over more common ccell carts, no expert knowledge here, trusting online info... good tasty draws IME

ChooChooCharlie,

RhiLikesCBD

Hiya I know this thread is old but I have a chance to grab a Mixr. Does this work with CCELL/generic 510 carts? I’m uk based so not like I can go to a dispo haha

RhiLikesCBD,

ChooChooCharlie

I have a chance to grab a Mixr. Does this work with CCELL/generic 510 carts?

The MIXR is the black silicone "shell" that holds two SEED batteries -- see pictures posted above

MIXR is form fitted to accept only SEED batteries

So, to answer your question, if I understood it correctly, the SEED batteries accept any 510 cart, but you need two SEED batteries for the MIXR

ChooChooCharlie,

RhiLikesCBD

The MIXR is the black silicone "shell" that holds two SEED batteries -- see pictures posted above

MIXR is form fitted to accept only SEED batteries

So, to answer your question, if I understood it correctly, the SEED batteries accept any 510 cart, but you need two SEED batteries for the MIXR
Ah makes sense! Thank you :)

RhiLikesCBD,
Top Bottom