• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

SquirrelMaster

Yeah...I've cleaned mine about 5 times now with iso. Throw it in a baggie, put it in my cheap little ultrasonic cleaner surrounded by hot water for 5 minutes and I never need to use a brush to clean any of the teeth. Comes out spotless...like brand new. Absolutely no damage to the anodized surface.

Never soak it in PBW, however. There are old pics on FC of someone's Space Case not fairing well using that method. PBW is great for glass...bad for grinders...lol

Yeah I'm very paranoid to use PBW on anything other than glass (which it cleans amazingly).

Baron23

Yeah...I've cleaned mine about 5 times now with iso. Throw it in a baggie, put it in my cheap little ultrasonic cleaner surrounded by hot water for 5 minutes and I never need to use a brush to clean any of the teeth. Comes out spotless...like brand new. Absolutely no damage to the anodized surface.

Never soak it in PBW, however. There are old pics on FC of someone's Space Case not fairing well using that method. PBW is great for glass...bad for grinders...lol
I do the same and also do not use PBW on metal. Glass, ok. Metal...eh, nah.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I do the same and also do not use PBW on metal. Glass, ok. Metal...eh, nah.

I've been using PBW more and more as a cleaner, but I haven't tried it on anything metal yet besides the lid of a Ghost crucible (it did fine). Are you concerned about rust?

Relaxed,

Baron23

I've been using PBW more and more as a cleaner, but I haven't tried it on anything metal yet besides the lid of a Ghost crucible (it did fine). Are you concerned about rust?
eh, its supposed to be kind of hard on finishes and such. Now, its used with SS brewing equipment...that's what its made for. But I understand some have had issues with anodizing and is reputed to pit aluminum. I'm not sure how it does with Ti.

I just think a bag of ISO in an US cleaner works perfectly, is all.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I have had my BCG for over a year (part of first run) and I just gave it a second ultrasonic cleaning.
The upper teeth can get a heavier build up than the lower (switchable) plates. It’s trickier to brush the top because it‘s more shallow and therefore can make a bit of a mess if you aren’t careful.

A few pics with the fine plate (my favorite these days).

Here it is right after grinding about 3-4 grams:

Here it is after giving it a vigorous brushing with a S&B brush:

And here it is after a UC iso bath:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I have had my BCG for over a year (part of first run) and I just gave it a second ultrasonic cleaning.
The upper teeth can get a heavier build up than the lower (switchable) plates. It’s trickier to brush the top because it‘s more shallow and therefore can make a bit of a mess if you aren’t careful.

Great photos! So far since I don’t grind a lot, or too often, after each use, I use a soft toothbrush with some dawn dish detergent in the sink. Like new, for my next grind. Now some strains, can be more sticky then others, and the humidity of the flower is another factor. But if I can get my herb drier then it’s storage humidity of 62% bovida packs in CVault SS container, a simple soft brush is all it needs.

Baron23

Hi Jill - I too favor the fine plate and use bag of ISO in a US cleaner and mine came out like yours. Almost, better than new, yeah? haha

I note that once really clean that it turns and grinds much easier. Better than just with ISO and old toothbrush.

Cheers

RustyOldNail

Hi Jill - I too favor the fine plate and use bag of ISO in a US cleaner and mine came out like yours. Almost, better than new, yeah? haha

I note that once really clean that it turns and grinds much easier. Better than just with ISO and old toothbrush.

Cheers

Try a NEW toothbrush.... just kidding.

Fortunately, I have yet to get my BCG in a condition that needs an Ultrasonic run, which in my case is a bit of a pain to setup. As a bit OCD and bored, I tend to clean briefly as I go with all my vape devices. I really wanted to try Ultrasonic cleaning of my SB Mighty cooling unit, but I keep cleaning it out with QTips, I’ve got to let it get gunky....

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
hahaha....I'm too cheap! LOL

I do clean my Might CU in the US cleaner and it works a trick. I do take off the o-rings but tbh they are in the ISO for such a short period of time, I believe that they can be left on without problem.

Cheers
Yeah, I throw in my Crafty cu in the UC and it finds all the hidden honey in all the nooks and crannies.
i separate the top and bottom, but otherwise leave everything in place (O-rings, mp, etc) and a few minutes later, it is like NEW!

RustyOldNail

I posted a question in the wrong thread, though related to the topic, little feedback. Perhaps this thread is more appropriate, so here goes:

Speaking of DRYING herb. I keep main supplies in C-Vaults, 62% Bovida packs for longer term storage. Then I take out the amount I’m going to let dry even more for vaping, usually just enough to fill two small Jaryz containers. Winter time, 12-24 hours in open glass jar, room temperature, works fine. Sometimes, in low humidity winter months, I’d follow the advice of the VapeCritic, spreading out the grinded herb on a piece of paper for 15-30 minutes.

PROBLEM IS:

SUMMERTIME, humidity levels can get up to 60% indoors, the other day indoor humidity was 70%, so it’s not any drier then my storage humidity. I’ve read that trying to dry it out even at low OVEN temperature, short duration, can degrade the herb.

Anyone have any NON-destructive TIPS, for drying in a high humidity environment?

Someone did mention using “desiccants (small pouches of silicate)”, I have no experience with them.

*Also makes grinding much easier when herb is drier, and keeps the grinder clean enough that a brush out is usually enough.

Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

Stripzest

I posted a question in the wrong thread, though related to the topic, little feedback. Perhaps this thread is more appropriate, so here goes:

Speaking of DRYING herb. I keep main supplies in C-Vaults, 62% Bovida packs for longer term storage. Then I take out the amount I’m going to let dry even more for vaping, usually just enough to fill two small Jaryz containers. Winter time, 12-24 hours in open glass jar, room temperature, works fine. Sometimes, in low humidity winter months, I’d follow the advice of the VapeCritic, spreading out the grinded herb on a piece of paper for 15-30 minutes.

PROBLEM IS:

SUMMERTIME, humidity levels can get up to 60% indoors, the other day indoor humidity was 70%, so it’s not any drier then my storage humidity. I’ve read that trying to dry it out even at low OVEN temperature, short duration, can degrade the herb.

Anyone have any NON-destructive TIPS, for drying in a high humidity environment?

Someone did mention using “desiccants (small pouches of silicate)”, I have no experience with them.

*Also makes grinding much easier when herb is drier, and keeps the grinder clean enough that a brush out is usually enough.

Thanks.

I'm not sure that this would be the right thread for you, but I will admit that humidity does make a difference in grind. Boveda makes a 49% humidity pack, but if you feel like that's too low, Integra has one that's 55%. I'm not sure I would recommend the small silicate packs just because I feel like it would be easy to over dry small amounts of herb.

RustyOldNail

I'm not sure that this would be the right thread for you, but I will admit that humidity does make a difference in grind. Boveda makes a 49% humidity pack, but if you feel like that's too low, Integra has one that's 55%. I'm not sure I would recommend the small silicate packs just because I feel like it would be easy to over dry small amounts of herb.

I like the storage to be at 62%, the issue I’m trying to overcome is drying out a small amount before grinding for vape. It’s too humid to air dry......

RustyOldNail,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This is all getting to be quite off topic for a grinder thread. If you would like to discuss ultrasonic cleaners, feel free to do so here:

If you'd like to discuss Boveda packs, you can do that here:

Let's keep the discussion in this thread about the BCG.

Thank you.

:peace:

RustyOldNail

Sorry, my post was about “drying”, before grinding, not about Bovida packs. Not sure where to post my question. :(

RustyOldNail,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Finally arrived! Here it is with my aquamarine fine plate BCG from last year's 420 sale, which I've never cleaned, just always load and grind carefully then poke out bits with a toothpick after... To show color, first four shots with flash, then three without:

IMG-20200707-172024.jpg

IMG-20200707-172115.jpg

IMG-20200707-172308.jpg

IMG-20200707-172157.jpg

IMG-20200707-172636.jpg

IMG-20200707-172218.jpg

IMG-20200707-172256.jpg

Apologies for a little Bruce Banner in the aquamarine (fka as sky blue when I got it) I just got a fresh ounce bread out across six different strains, will be nice to run them through a fresh clean BCG and try out that medium plate... Definitely happy with my choice of color with this fuschia light amethyst!! They go so well together

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Finally arrived! Here it is with my aquamarine fine plate BCG from last year's 420 sale, which I've never cleaned, just always load and grind carefully then poke out bits with a toothpick after... To show color, first four shots with flash, then three without:

IMG-20200707-172024.jpg

IMG-20200707-172115.jpg

IMG-20200707-172308.jpg

IMG-20200707-172157.jpg

IMG-20200707-172636.jpg

IMG-20200707-172218.jpg

IMG-20200707-172256.jpg

Apologies for a little Bruce Banner in the aquamarine (fka as sky blue when I got it) I just got a fresh ounce bread out across six different strains, will be nice to run them through a fresh clean BCG and try out that medium plate... Definitely happy with my choice of color with this fuschia light amethyst!! They go so well together
Love that aquamarine. When they come out with the xl I'll have some aquamarine.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Love that aquamarine. When they come out with the xl I'll have some aquamarine.

Yeah I am very satisfied for my first choice, and this custom fuchsia light amethyst is also very satisfying... I think the new orange amber would also make a good trifecta if I get a third in this size, but I did have plans to get the larger size in hematite as I really love that one as well... Getting plates in the different colors just isn't enough for me lol I do like the look of a complete solid color.

ginolicious

IMG-20200707-172024.jpg

IMG-20200707-172115.jpg

IMG-20200707-172308.jpg

IMG-20200707-172157.jpg

IMG-20200707-172636.jpg

IMG-20200707-172218.jpg

IMG-20200707-172256.jpg

put the purple Grind plate in between the blue ones. It would look dope and vice versa. Would be a sick colour combo

Top Bottom