• Stickybrick Labs

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Doug's Woodery

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • O'Connell Woodworks

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

fropones

As the title implies, I'm wondering what are people's opinions on the differences between the different brick options out there. I've been eyeing a brick as my next vape purchase but I'm having a lot of trouble narrowing it down. I'm especially interested in opinions from those who have owned different brands of bricks.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
If anyone has experience with a Dreamwood (esp. the Dobby), please chime in!

Specific thoughts about the Nova vs the SBL Jr. also appreciated. I assume they’d be similar but have never tried the Nova.

Nice thread @fropones. I’ve been wanting to do a poll like this for awhile but keep accidentally buying other vapes in the meantime. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
cx714,
Reactions: fropones

SixStringToker

Naked member
I think the Cricket is just a more compact 봉석신. The bowl size should be the same, so the performance is probably the same.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: cx714

coolbreeze

I have a Double Punch, which is a Dobby modded with an second, longer vapor path/mouthpiece that converts it to a Punch. Famtastic as both a portable and a Runt-like home handheld. Can't recommend it enough. Turns out I con't vape out of rosewoods, though. So, I also have an OWW Micro which is my go-to portable. Overall fantastic vape. Both of these are surprisingly easy to use with little threat of charring. Both can be had with add-on water adapters. The Dobby mod is absolutely beautiful. The Micro can be hit and stashed away hot.

Choices

The OHV Micro is another to look at as well. It has a much shorter air path and smaller diameter than a SB OG but with the larger bowl it gives some amazing hits. It is a blast when out hiking. Just let that glassware cool a bit before putting it back in your pocket!

coolbreeze

I see you have desktop/heavy hitters well covered, but there's also the hydrobrick/maxx. You can use a hydratube mouthpiece, a whipped mouthpiece, a whipped glass piece, or an OG-like mouthpiece, and it's a top-shelf experience: excellent vapor quality, light or heavy, and surprisingly good flavor given the diverse vapor paths. It can be a heavy-hitter, it can be a flavor sipper, it can be a micro-doser or a party vape. The only real downside is that it's not as hand-holdable as the OG or the smaller bricks. If you're looking for a great brick experience more than a particular form factor to fill a specific need, the Hydrobrick is top of the heap.

All that said, every boy and every girl needs and deserves an OG Brick upon reaching majority. It's basic equipment for navigating the fog of adulthood.

Onward, through the fog:

Last edited:

gra.4083

Specific thoughts about the Nova vs the SBL Jr. also appreciated. I assume they’d be similar but have never tried the Nova.

Nice thread @fropones. I’ve been wanting to do a poll like this for awhile but keep accidentally buying other vapes in the meantime. 🤷‍♂️
I have a Notched Dobby in Santos Palisander that I absolutely love. It is a smaller diameter flame intake than the Stick Brick runt I also have. this makes aiming a single flame torch easier. it seems to vape more evenly and extract faster than the SB runt with a much wider margin for error. It honestly feels like Id have to try to combust in the Dreamwood dobby. overall my Favorite butane vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have the junior and it is pretty phenomenal, Nova is the same design so probably works well although I'm not 100% sure about the glass, he does do really nice work and people seem to like it a lot though from what I've seen about user reports on the Nova... The runt is a bit more comfortable at home potentially, with the extra size, however the shape is different, much blockier, so not really as comfortable in the hand in my experience ultimately (Jr may be my fave)

Shit Snacks

For something same but different, the Dreamwood Punch is fantastic. Comparable to a Runt. They also make a Jr-alike, the Dobby.

Yeah, except theirs are more like the triihouse Lilly, different style bowl and pathway, so it is not really like the runt and junior imo (but you have a lot more of these than me now lol and Lily was awesome)

coolbreeze

Yeah, except theirs are more like the triihouse Lilly, different style bowl and pathway, so it is not really like the runt and junior imo (but you have a lot more of these than me now lol and Lily was awesome)
You're right, they're different in that regard. Just kind of similarly smaller/portable.

Shit Snacks

You're right, they're different in that regard. Just kind of similarly smaller/portable.

Yeah I think Dreamwood may like to use a slightly larger bowl than the lily 1/2-in screen did although I'm not sure it's as large as the 5/8-in screen standard of the daisy bricks

dapatcho

I've seen pretty consistent sentiment that /most/ people who have a Sticky Brick and a Nova prefer the Nova. I might have someone in my area selling one for $150CAD which would be pretty solid, but I'm wondering if I should just wait and save until I can get a TM2 and call it a day.

dapatcho

Depending on the wood and glass that could be a great deal. Not a great deal if it is a Nova Lite.
It's a Solid Bookend with two darker woods, I haven't heard back from them but I can ask for the specifics.

IMG_8389.jpg

Texus

I am quite a fan of the Butane powered vapes with lids such as the Brick Junior, OWW Micro v4 (smallest butane intake vape with a lid that I know of) and the Nova.

Damn shame about the prominent Nova logo, always a big turnoff. Just not a big logo guy and especially for wood vapes, I prefer that clean smooth undisturbed woodgrain look.

Also like that unlike other lid designs, the vape portion of the Micro v4 can be set inside its lid when hitting it so you don't need to find a place to set it down, etc. Makes handling everything when out and about (in the woods, say) a good bit easier and more convenient in terms of the ser experience. OWW is pretty focused on TKO and baller related stuff recently, but as the link says, if interested reach out. He's also sometimes got some fun wood options available, like Koi, which is what I splurged on. Tho the two tone stock design is pretty fly too.

coolbreeze

this is crazy. the hit was taken without any restrictor, right?
Probably, I'm not even sure there were restrictors then (the vid is not me, it's another user), but he's using a bent intake and he's holding his torch at a little distance to mitigate the power of the blade torch. This is how (and why) to use a multi-nozzle torch. I don't do it all the time myself but you can get some pretty extreme results!

Shit Snacks

wondering if I should just wait and save until I can get a TM2 and call it a day.

That's a different decision really, I love my TM2 and prefer it to direct torch convection vapes now, but that's me because they are more involved to use, I literally just don't bother anymore... Depends what you want

coolbreeze

Yeah I think Dreamwood may like to use a slightly larger bowl than the lily 1/2-in screen did although I'm not sure it's as large as the 5/8-in screen standard of the daisy bricks
This Punch is 5/8" dia and about 3/4" deep, with some of that taken by the ring. Same size (though not as deep) as the Triihouse Waldo:
IMG-5869.jpg

Fwiw, if you come across a Waldo grab it--it's the first and possibly best brick. The whip is dicey but the heat path is perfect and it's so easy and effective to use. I really wish SBL would put it back into production with an updated whip/MP/joint.

Top Bottom