Pen Boundless Technology TERP Pen

I received my Terp Pen a couple days ago. Lightning fast service from @PuffItUp (as always).

After only a couple days use, I am already rating this puppy at a 10+. Amazing hits. Bigger and softer than I got from nails, buckets, donuts and dragons. I am thoroughly impressed. Giant kudos to @Boundless Vape Technology for producing such a fine vape at an equally fine price point.

I recommend everyone who vapes rosin to try one of these.

I still need to determine battery life and cleaning but all the reports about battery life have been excellent and the cleaning video makes it look like a snap. I use it almost exclusively with the cap on. I get about 2 hits off a load. Both are giant milkers.

Once again, congrats on a job well done. Price, quality and service. Few purchases score all three like this purchase did for me.

:)

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I'm in agreement of all the positive reports of the terp pen, but anyone else have concerns of how brittle the ceramic rods are ?

notoriousLrg,

Justpassedu

I'm in agreement of all the positive reports of the terp pen, but anyone else have concerns of how brittle the ceramic rods are ?
The ceramic rods seem fine and not brittle at all. I also had the Boundless cf710 and they were fine on that as well. Regarding the terp pen , I am a few grams in now and have cleaned it a couple of times with no issues. As long as you don't go banging them into anything hard they will hold up well. This pen has been working great and the only thing I'd say has been annoying is cleaning it often to be honest, everything else I am really enjoying but that goes with any vape , the more use the more cleaning. You should be very happy with 1 if you get it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Got my Boundless Terp Pen Saturday evening. Just got to say it is awesome , small and pocket-able & for the most part designed really well at its price point. I tried my best to put it through its paces . Charged it up and immediately started using it , I did however go out Saturday night so threw it back on the charger to top it off as I did not want it dying on me so I was not able to see how many hits per charge I can get yet but that will be my next test. I think I put roughly 1-2g's through it with friends with no issues at all. I can see it possibly needing to be cleaned often but dare I say I may like this Pen more than my puffco peak and that thing cost me over $300 . Its just so simple to use , I found the taste it provided to be really nice , its pretty much idiot proof ( just inhale ) . So far so good , thank you @Boundless Vape Technology for another kick ass product I am enjoying. You made me really happy this weekend :-) ...

Damn now I'm curious!

Does it really taste better than your Peak? Does it get all gunked up quickly like coil pens tend to do? What's your cleaning regiment like?

@biohacker told me about this one, damn bro maybe we should have hopped on - I guess if it worked for two hits it would already be better than my Carta :lol:

Justpassedu

Damn now I'm curious!

Does it really taste better than your Peak? Does it get all gunked up quickly like coil pens tend to do? What's your cleaning regiment like?

@biohacker told me about this one, damn bro maybe we should have hopped on - I guess if it worked for two hits it would already be better than my Carta :lol:
Lol , it's pretty good. Taste is awesome compared to most of the coil type pens I have used and that is a big reason why I am enjoying it. It hits really smooth and that was the 1st thing I noticed. I almost felt like I wasn't getting a hit but than exhaled a huge cloud. It does however get gunked up pretty quickly , I'd say my 1st big cleaning was after 1- 1 1\2 g's went through it. Not as quickly as most coil pens though. I disassembled the pen , pretty easy , you wanna wipe down the air path with iso and a paper towel as you will see the reclaim goes about half way up the air path, you also want take a bit of iso when you take off the coil and wipe between the part where the coil screws in. Than you just take the coil in some warm iso and a zip lock and give it a good soak and shaking and its spot less. When extra coils are available it will make it allot easier as I wait a long time for the coil to dry after cleaning in iso so when they have them on hand picking up another will be great to minimize down time. As for taste vs the Peak I wouldn't really say it tastes better but I am enjoying it allot more than my Peak right now for some reason and taste is not so far off but the peak has a decent temp control for those really low temp hits. I think its more of ease of use as I can just grab this pen and its ready at any time and has not disappointed me yet, I also only paid $30 for it and feel that was a bargain compared to the Peak . I promise you will get allot more than 2 hits out of it before it needs to be charged or even cleaned. My preferred method of using it has been keeping some concentrate in a glass jar and just dabbing straight out of the jar rather than hitting it from a dab tool.

I am close to an addendum on my earlier review. I have been using it, pretty much constantly and I am still very much impressed. One thing that is killing me is the location of the blue light. I am going cross-eyed. LOL As someone mentioned above, the taste is so smooth that you really can't tell you're even getting a hit until you exhale. Then, either a huge cloud comes out..... or nothing. LOL If the battery is dead.... you get nothing. So, often, I glance down at the blue light while I am drawing to make sure it's not blinking (indicating a dead battery that needs charged).

Right now, that's my worst complaint. Which still puts in at just about a 10. I have to charge mine 3 times a day to keep it going but it recharges pretty darn fast. I tried a few times to count the number of hits from a charge but I'm always too stoned and fuck up the count. But, I run it down pretty fast. That's why I am often looking at the blue light.

Once the coils got 'seasoned' all taste was lost. I like the Alpha Pinene hits you get from a clean start. Coils simply don't give that. First, it had a 'metallic' taste. Then, it just went to a 'rosin residue on the coil' taste. Still, not bad and probably the best coil style taste I have owned so far. I have not cleaned the coil yet but I often brush them off with the toothbrush that sits at my vape station.

So far, I would recommend this to anyone who vapes concentrates. I am going to buy a second one to eliminate my battery problem. At this price point I see win win with the Terp Pen.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Checking in after a week of use... absolutely love it. I definitely recommend this for the on the go kit. Has completely bumped those sketchy carts right out of my life. This sucker is almost too easy to use

Fantastic job with this one Boundless.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I believe you guys but I found incredible a such old tek provide so nice hits... ceramic wicks taste better than a nail!!! And you are all not inexperimented newbies so this is maybe the reborn of the ceramic wicks!

I have a few like that, it might be an interesting diy project to build but the Terp pen is very cheap.

edit: I remenber my first vape pen which was a Bolt but the company failed quickly cause many shaddy reasons, it used ceramic wicks.

PPN,

btka

the terp pen seems to be sold out on boundless webpage... does only puffitup stock it or are there other retailers selling the terp pen (maybe EU retailers)?

btka,

Justpassedu

I believe you guys but I found incredible a such old tek provide so nice hits... ceramic wicks taste better than a nail!!! And you are all not inexperimented newbies so this is maybe the reborn of the ceramic wicks!

I have a few like that, it might be an interesting diy project to build but the Terp pen is very cheap.

edit: I remenber my first vape pen which was a Bolt but the company failed quickly cause many shaddy reasons, it used ceramic wicks.
I didn't see any posts saying it taste better than a Nail but it taste darn good imo for a ceramic wick pen, at $30 I think I found a bargain. I recommend trying 1 sometime .

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Justpassedu

Yes you are fine, I confused somebody comparing vapor production and not taste.

I saw this one since a few months, it's very comparable in function but can't say about quality...
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0304/8349/products/NAMNVP22405_Black_02_large.jpg?v=1550680956
No worries , There are a bunch of Pens out similar to the Terp Pen , I have tried a few in the past like the one you had posted but not that exact 1 and was not happy. This 1 makes me happy though & I trust the company so that's a big plus. It's super easy to take almost anywhere do to its size & I happen to like that allot compared to the competition. Also just tried using a portable battery pack to charge it on the go and it worked perfect.

I have another update on my Terp Pen. Earlier, I said I was going cross-eyed looking at the LED to see if it was flashing or solid. I found that I was pointing the pen slightly downward when I hit it. If I point it slightly upward, the LED is much brighter and is easily seen in my lower peripheral view.

Still, I have to make sure the LED is facing up when I hit it, otherwise I can't see it at all. It would be nice if the light were a ring all the way around so you could see the light regardless of how you pick it up.

I also thought a haptic feature would be very cool. If I am hitting it and there's no battery left, in addition to the blue LED flashing, it would be cool to get a haptic notice as well. A couple little buzzes on my lips to let me know the battery need charged.

Still loving this thing to death. I have put at least a gram or 2 of rosin through it and I still have not cleaned it (other than the initial new vape cleaning).

I have not timed it exactly but the last charge looks like it took about 30 minutes.

Kudos @Boundless Vape Technology on a job well done.

caseball2051

Finally got try my terp pen last night.

Had good results.

I got a burnt flavor though and my coils look slightly browned.

Is this normal?

Does it mean I didn't have enough concentrate loaded?

I was using some live resin that didn't melt all that well.

caseball2051,
Thanks @Justpassedu

I have another question... is it better to charge the pen after it runs down (and starts flashing, indicating it needs charged)? Or, is it better to charge it before it gets to that point?

Thanks

Hackerman,

Justpassedu

Thanks @Justpassedu

I have another question... is it better to charge the pen after it runs down (and starts flashing, indicating it needs charged)? Or, is it better to charge it before it gets to that point?

Thanks
Yw, I actually heard from boundless and there is currently a little shipping delay so I'll try and stay on top of it for you and post back when I hear more news. As for the battery , yes I am assuming it is a Lithium/Lipo so letting them run down is what you'd want to do. Some even say not to charge these type of cells fully but I am not 100% on that . I know a member on the forum that is pretty knowledgeable on batteries and has helped me many times @OF can you help out ?

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Hackerman

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Thanks for all the interest and support with the Terp Pen! We have received some more units today and they will be back in stock on our website: https://bndlstech.com/product/terp-pen/.
Unfortunately, our replacement coils didn't come in this shipment but I can part some of the Terp Pens out and try to get replacement coils out to those who are in need of a replacement. We are limited to send out only a few at the moment though, so please send me an email to Eric@bndlstech.com and I'll do my best to help out.

@Boundless Vape Technology Is there any place to buy replacement coils?

Love my Terp Pen.
Our apologies for this inconvenience, the Terp Pen replacement coils will be up on our website once we have our stock shipment come in. We have been met with unfortunate delays in packaging the coils but I can do my best to help with the resources I have here in our office. Please send me an email and I'll do my best to set you up.

Hoosier

It’s been pretty hard to separate me from my Carta for the last 6 weeks.

This morning, my beta carta app needed its weekly reinstall. In a hurry, I just grabbed my terp pen and a saucey sativa and have had a helluva start to the weekend

Top Bottom