Pen Boundless Technology TERP Pen

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Terp Pen arrived today, and I like it so far. Works exactly as expected.
I'm actually rather impressed at how well this works at it's price.

I now need to order some replacement tips. However, I ordered this Terp Pen from puffitup, and they are out of the coils right now. Does anyone recommend a specific source to order from that ships reasonable quickly? The only vape stuff sources I know to trust are puffitup, vgoodies, and sneaky pete. But none of them have it.

(**edit** Nevermind, I found some on Sneaky Pete's site)
(**edit 2** ordered six coils from sneaky pete)

As far as burn-off's go, I assume the best way to look at it going in is to try my damndest to never let the coil go completely dry, and just burn off as infrequently as absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Does anyone recommend a specific source to order from that ships reasonable quickly?
I see you’ve sorted yourself out but for future reference, Cream City Vapes also carry spare tips— in fact, they’re having a 20% off winter sale right now (code: winter20).

Solid vendor. Always go at least 25% for 420 and Black Friday and ship quick from Milwaukee. Also, the only retailer I know that carries OWW and Joe King as well as heady glass, so the selection is wide as well as deep.

cx714,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

I see you’ve sorted yourself out but for future reference, Cream City Vapes also carry spare tips— in fact, they’re having a 20% off winter sale right now (code: winter20).

Solid vendor. Always go at least 25% for 420 and Black Friday and ship quick from Milwaukee. Also, the only retailer I know that carries OWW and Joe King as well as heady glass, so the selection is wide as well as deep.

Looks good. Thanks!

**edit**
Some other things I noticed using this all day between lunchtime and a little after midnight (that's how long it took to run the battery down):

1) This thing did surpass my expectations. The taste was pretty good (all comparisons like this are compared to vaporizing the same material off my normal nail/banger, in fact very good.

2) I did start to notice a reclaim taste around the beginning of using it shortly after the first recharge. I did a burn-off at this point
~The burn-off took longer and more pulls till it shut off than I expected it would. I had to stand on the porch and suck on that damn thing for a while (you're welcome, Posts Taken out of Context Thread) to get the burn-off to stop producing a stream of burnt vapor and the coils were finally white again. However, after the burnoff I put in one of my higher priced and tastier concentrates, and it tasted perfect. So, the burn-offs work great (at least early in the life of a coil), even if they do shorten the life of the coil overall. Soon I will try something with iso (once I have spare coils).

3) I love how easy this is to load if not using it while the tip is in the concentrate dish, because I don't even have to have a separate dab tool with me to put the concentrate on the coils. I just draw on it for a second to warm the coils, then put the tip right in my concentrate and twist a bit.

4) I didn't expect much battery life, and it's not amazing...but it seems great for what it is. It took me about 12 hours of regular usage (at least a couple pulls every half hour or so at minimum) to drain the battery, and the hour or less recharge time is nice. So it should get one through a normal day no problem. What I worry about with a unit with a non-replaceable unit like this is that the battery will age too quickly. Though, for it's thirty-dollar price tag I'll be happy with it if it lasts at least a year.

Anyway...those are just some of my initial thoughts after the first day of having it, while quite high and pausing a lot to remember what I was saying :smug:

Last edited:

Phytotherapy

Looks good. Thanks!

**edit**
Some other things I noticed using this all day between lunchtime and a little after midnight (that's how long it took to run the battery down):

1) This thing did surpass my expectations. The taste was pretty good (all comparisons like this are compared to vaporizing the same material off my normal nail/banger, in fact very good.

2) I did start to notice a reclaim taste around the beginning of using it shortly after the first recharge. I did a burn-off at this point
~The burn-off took longer and more pulls till it shut off than I expected it would. I had to stand on the porch and suck on that damn thing for a while (you're welcome, Posts Taken out of Context Thread) to get the burn-off to stop producing a stream of burnt vapor and the coils were finally white again. However, after the burnoff I put in one of my higher priced and tastier concentrates, and it tasted perfect. So, the burn-offs work great (at least early in the life of a coil), even if they do shorten the life of the coil overall. Soon I will try something with iso (once I have spare coils).

3) I love how easy this is to load if not using it while the tip is in the concentrate dish, because I don't even have to have a separate dab tool with me to put the concentrate on the coils. I just draw on it for a second to warm the coils, then put the tip right in my concentrate and twist a bit.

4) I didn't expect much battery life, and it's not amazing...but it seems great for what it is. It took me about 12 hours of regular usage (at least a couple pulls every half hour or so at minimum) to drain the battery, and the hour or less recharge time is nice. So it should get one through a normal day no problem. What I worry about with a unit with a non-replaceable unit like this is that the battery will age too quickly. Though, for it's thirty-dollar price tag I'll be happy with it if it lasts at least a year.

Anyway...those are just some of my initial thoughts after the first day of having it, while quite high and pausing a lot to remember what I was saying :smug:
How often do you replace the screens in the end (based on what usage)? Thanks!

Phytotherapy,

Ramahs

How often do you replace the screens in the end (based on what usage)? Thanks!

No screens on this that I am aware of. But I have found the tips to last anywhere from a week to a month before I change it.

Anyway, I've beaten this thing to death in the last six months, and it's falling apart. So, I need an upgrade.
Is the XL still worth the higher cost over two regular terp pens?

Comfortably Numb

No screens on this that I am aware of. But I have found the tips to last anywhere from a week to a month before I change it.

Anyway, I've beaten this thing to death in the last six months, and it's falling apart. So, I need an upgrade.
Is the XL still worth the higher cost over two regular terp pens?
I have read bad things about the XL....

Comfortably Numb,

Ramahs

I have read bad things about the XL....

I had the XL. I would prefer two regular terp pens, or a coil king.

The XL just did not hit as well.

Yeah, that was what I remember reading back when I was looking into them.

But that was like a year ago, so I was hoping that they’d solved the issues with the XL by now…but I guess not. LoLz

Oh well. I liked my terp pen for what it was (a convenient out and about option that doesn’t force me to use those damn liquid cartridges), so I guess I’ll just get a couple more of those 👍

LesPlenty

Company Rep
r5sFwYCRaSvxYhlGC5U_w3d4sciTWResiJthuppXV4GygmudrTVZuNFzYqiYvZV1EgfyiItR85taO2DIJBhzSPmkAygIjh_Z2MHmU90bSg71h0xc6UD2UVC5-5k0m_Jiv3zWnW3ccfh75CJx9XpHMgNvqKltCg=s0-d-e1-ft

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Ramahs

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah, that was what I remember reading back when I was looking into them.

But that was like a year ago, so I was hoping that they’d solved the issues with the XL by now…but I guess not. LoLz

Oh well. I liked my terp pen for what it was (a convenient out and about option that doesn’t force me to use those damn liquid cartridges), so I guess I’ll just get a couple more of those 👍
I use an XL with a std coil from the smaller terp pen. Longer battery and you can choose temps.
The wonky part is that it will change temp settings like if you put it down on a table, or maybe even just a jostle in your pocket will change the setting, so you have to keep an eye on that...the tap to change is a weakness...

RicardoLuik

VapoRick
Can't but Terp Pen in the Netherlands. Looking for an alternative. Should this do the job? https://www.dutch-headshop.nl/utillian-5-vape-pen --- I see it has airflow control and the terp pen hasn't... do you guys know if it really has benefits. And how important is the method with just hitting the concentrate on a tray or something for you guys?

RicardoLuik,

JamesTiberiousKirk

2 cents: I pretty much only use the XL, with the regular terp pen ceramic double coils. Battery life is better, and it does not clog up as quickly with this configuration. The cap is a bit sloppy though with the smaller coils.

Absolutely love my Terp Pens.

bm96

Man I need to get one of these again, not sure what happened to my old one. It conserves extremely well and some of the tastiest terpiest hits I've ever had came from this little pen.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I want to reiterate (so as not to be repetitive?):
After owning 2 tens and now 2 xl's, I have finally started using it correctly.

I only use XL, more power, for longer.

I only use standard, ceramic coils. They get heated faster due to more power in xl.
I think they taste better, too.

MOST Important, Do not use with the cap in place, wait til it stops smoking before putting cap back on. Cap only causes condensation and need to clean. I've now gone like 2 months without a clog, have not cleaned. I didn't figure this out until pen #4!

Top Bottom