Bought a cart today but the liquid is 100% clear. No way this is THC right?

lindenbrock

Picture of it compared to the cart ive been using: https://imgur.com/a/54D7BNs

If it wasnt for the bubble at the top you almost wouldnt be able to tell there was anything in there. Im not in a legal state so this wasnt from a dispensary, however these carts are (usually) legitimate. Its from Lifeline and ive bought at least 20 from this guy in the past and they have all checked out. When lifeline swapped to this new clear open top style he had the new ones in like 2 days so i assume he has a friend in a legal state or something like that. It doesnt have the typical "weed" smell or any flavors like most carts do. I havent tried it yet as i havent been able to find any info on it. The only thing i found was a thread on here a few years ago that never really reached a conclusive answer other than "shitty home made stuff i guess?".

Last edited:
lindenbrock,
Reactions: shredder

lindenbrock

I took 2 quick hits to try to help determine what it is. It wasnt harsh and didnt have any real taste, but i do feel it. Ive never heard of or seen evidence of any way to extract thc and have it come out clear. The only thing i can think of is that this is some insane vape juice mix, like an 80/20 split between pg or vg and thc distillate. I feel like that would still add a small visible tint of amber/yellow to the mix though.

lindenbrock,
Reactions: shredder

asmozrs

I took 2 quick hits to try to help determine what it is. It wasnt harsh and didnt have any real taste, but i do feel it. Ive never heard of or seen evidence of any way to extract thc and have it come out clear. The only thing i can think of is that this is some insane vape juice mix, like an 80/20 split between pg or vg and thc distillate. I feel like that would still add a small visible tint of amber/yellow to the mix though.
From the very little research I've don't, they are called "distillate" and they are supposed to be a flavorless and odorless, yet very potent, concentrate of "cannabis." Idk, I got one today and haven't gotten to test it yet, hoping for the best!

asmozrs,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I was buying some concentrates last week and noticed that two of the offerings at the quality grow/process/retail legal dispensary that I regularly buy from were white. Everything is tracked from farm to shelf by law and tested before dispensing. I commented to the budtender wondering how single variety weed could result in a white concentrate, not distillate or pure THC, but budder or resin. He said it was one of the best things they had and offered my a smell, which was delicious. Then I remembered that last year I got some Runtz resin that was white and excellent. Nonetheless, I'd be more careful of grey or black market stuff.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Bologna

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I once ordered online a Delta8 Thc (from hemp) cartridge, the contents was clear liquid.
Odd, vague taste, very mild buzz for a little while that became a headache after several hours use.
I threw that away.
Shops in illegal states are often allowed to sell these.

vapviking,

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Hey there, it's either terped distillate or terped d8, you should be able to tell from the effects - have the effects seemed normal to you?

Haveth,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I was buying some concentrates last week and noticed that two of the offerings at the quality grow/process/retail legal dispensary that I regularly buy from were white. Everything is tracked from farm to shelf by law and tested before dispensing. I commented to the budtender wondering how single variety weed could result in a white concentrate, not distillate or pure THC, but budder or resin. He said it was one of the best things they had and offered my a smell, which was delicious. Then I remembered that last year I got some Runtz resin that was white and excellent. Nonetheless, I'd be more careful of grey or black market stuff.
CRC is commonly used all over now to improve "bag appeal" (as well as for other more nefarious stuff)... its use is very hotly debated and almost universally despised by purists such as the hash rosin crowd, of course... I've always avoided it, too.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
CRC is commonly used all over now to improve "bag appeal" (as well as for other more nefarious stuff, I'm sure)... of which use is very much debated and universally despised, particularly by hash rosin crowd, of course... I've always avoided, too.

Good article link! Thanks.

From article:
“COLOR:
If you’re not an avid extract consumer then it may be almost impossible to detect CRC extracts by the smell and flavor but luckily, color is another giveaway of CRC extracts. As you may know, as trichomes mature, they get a natural amber color. This means that even the best extracts have a slight yellow hue so if you find an extract that’s completely white, it probably was made with CRC technology.”

GoldenBud

buy these stuff only from very reliable sources, avoid the Vitamin E inserting which sent some American people to hospital in the last years. it's dangerous.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
CRC is commonly used all over now to improve "bag appeal" (as well as for other more nefarious stuff)... its use is very hotly debated and almost universally despised by purists such as the hash rosin crowd, of course... I've always avoided it, too.
Yeah that sounds like a commercial product alright. Add that to the practice of adding terpenes to make products more appealing and enjoy "legalisation"...

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom