Blended Flower

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
Do you ever mix you flower?

I mixed some Purple Punch (wild berry poptart) with some Mandarin Cookies (candied mandarin) the other day and it tasted downright delicious. I am curious if anybody has go to blends, or perhaps blend archetypes based on terpene profiles?

Cheers!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
We call this strain salad around here :p. It is shared through time by mutiple users that the sum is greater than the parts. No strain can have a wider terpene/cannabinoid profile than the same strain mixed with another. :) More potentiators ,better use of the main compounds,better overall experience. It is a nice way to get by with less material and tolerance building is somewhat slower.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've wondered if blending will ever be a commercial thing. Blending for consistency of effect and flavor like scotch, tobacco etc.
We see it will all other herb/spice mixes. I.E Masala,Curry,Black pepper blends. For us on prohibition planet it is more of a pipe dream though :)).:D Maybe they will sell them in mills like this one

20106264-colored-peppers-mix-and-pepper-grinder-on-white-background.jpg

hoptimum

Do you ever mix you flower?

I mixed some Purple Punch (wild berry poptart) with some Mandarin Cookies (candied mandarin) the other day and it tasted downright delicious. I am curious if anybody has go to blends, or perhaps blend archetypes based on terpene profiles?

Cheers!
I feel the opposite. I think growers are going overboard on hybrids and the flavors are often muddled. I’m on the lookout for landrace strains like Durban Poison, Maui Wowie and Acapulco Gold that have more distinctive flavors.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've wondered if blending will ever be a commercial thing. Blending for consistency of effect and flavor like scotch, tobacco etc.
Raven Grass in Washington sells a few blends. Mostly a mixture of THC+CBD strains for different effects. I tend to prefer their in house cultivar strains though.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I think growers are going overboard on hybrids and the flavors are often muddled. I’m on the lookout for landrace strains like Durban Poison, Maui Wowie and Acapulco Gold that have more distinctive flavors.
Agreed. The practice of breeding for THC percentage is silly— the marketing’s driving the product, not the proper vice versa.

That said, I came on to post that I don’t love Durban Poison on its own but will mix it in with just about anything to add a cerebral kick. 🤷‍♂️

shopdognyc

Always. I have friends who label their containers, and take notes. I should learn this discipline. I just separate the flower into separate containers, and take one nug of each, and pre grind into a Jyarz container and use as needed.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Vehmic

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My new thing is I like to grind just enough for like two bowls and whatever's left goes in the mixed buzz bin at my vape station.

Then the grinders empty and ready for something new and interesting, and when I’m lazy or bored of what I have around I can just dip into the pre ground variety blend.

:leaf:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Sometimes I like to mix the super good stuff with some strain I might not be liking a lot.
stretches things out a bit
or I like to do a session with a Sativa, then right after a session with a heavy indica, or 3 or 4 different strains..back to back… lol
once in a while I’ll throw it all together for a salad

Top Bottom