Big clouds, big taste, little money.

beckao

So,

as a good forum user, I have read and considered every single of the suggestions and decided on my own to get something that nobody even mentioned.

I got the Fenix.

I will buy the TA in the near future but I reconsidered my smoking routine and decided that I would spend a little more to have convenience and stealth first, flavor and clouds later (when I get the TA).

I choose the Fenix over V3Pro and Roffu for the following:

1- Construction seems simple and easy to clean and repair by myself if needed (can't rely on international RMA);
2- It's "almost" the Lobo, and there is plenty of good reviews of it;
3- Price and delivery were pretty good;
4- Style (I really like the looks). It doesn't look much different than a nicotine vape if I need the stealth;
5- No need for mouth adapters to have different experiences.

"Oh, but that's not what you asked". Yep, I know. The TA will do it later on.

Thanks!

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
Throwing my 2 cents in, I'd say check out the Nova from Doug's Woodery. https://www.dougswoodery.com/collections/nova.

I have ball vapes, many torch powered vapes, dynavap, portable electric vapes and my most used is my Nova. It's simple, has excellent airflow, can deliver super terpy hits or big clouds depending on how you use it. You get hits almost instantly with no warm up, you can put it in your pocket.

You can get a standard one for $100 or go custom for a little more. I also have sticky brick which is similar but IMHO not nearly as good, because the intake is too thin and breaks easy with heat in my experience. It also has a built in tamp tool and stir that's metal instead of giving a literal wooden toothpick as in the sticky brick.

I love my ball vape, but for portability and hit's that can rival a ball vape at a fraction of the expense, it's the Nova for me. Almost every weekend I hit the beach with my Nova for live reggae on the sand. I have a small torch that works great even in the wind, and it gets plenty windy. No batteries to run dead after a handful of sessions, no searching for an outlet or lugging a desktop vape around. Those all have their places, just given the original posters needs, though they might look at something they may not know of. :).

Some people don't like wood path or have sensitivity to wood, most do not, I do not. There are all glass torch powered almost instant hit products from TRWW. They are awesome! The reason not my recommendation is the portability and overall ease of use.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ford Wenty

Throwing my 2 cents in, I'd say check out the Nova from Doug's Woodery. https://www.dougswoodery.com/collections/nova.

I have ball vapes, many torch powered vapes, dynavap, portable electric vapes and my most used is my Nova. It's simple, has excellent airflow, can deliver super terpy hits or big clouds depending on how you use it. You get hits almost instantly with no warm up, you can put it in your pocket.

You can get a standard one for $100 or go custom for a little more. I also have sticky brick which is similar but IMHO not nearly as good, because the intake is too thin and breaks easy with heat in my experience. It also has a built in tamp tool and stir that's metal instead of giving a literal wooden toothpick as in the sticky brick.

I love my ball vape, but for portability and hit's that can rival a ball vape at a fraction of the expense, it's the Nova for me.

Good luck!
PS: Lower temps on any device will give more throat irritation than higher temp rips. So if it's ever an issue go a little higher in temp/flame.

Ford Wenty,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
PS: Lower temps on any device will give more throat irritation than higher temp rips. So if it's ever an issue go a little higher in temp/flame.
This made me do a double take.
Not sure I can agree; I'd like to try to understand your reasoning, can you explain?

vapviking,
Reactions: Grass Yes

maremaresing

Roffu also not that much more expensive from that same site
Yeah, but the Roffu is a serious downgrade from the V3Pro in all respects, unless you absolutely need a hit counter and more weight. Airflow, Heatup time, level of plastic in the hot airpath, ergonomics, firmware, accessory mouthpieces, all completely outstrip it. I say this having owned one for a year and a half, then going back to the V3 Pro.

So,

as a good forum user, I have read and considered every single of the suggestions and decided on my own to get something that nobody even mentioned.

I got the Fenix.

I will buy the TA in the near future but I reconsidered my smoking routine and decided that I would spend a little more to have convenience and stealth first, flavor and clouds later (when I get the TA).

I choose the Fenix over V3Pro and Roffu for the following:

1- Construction seems simple and easy to clean and repair by myself if needed (can't rely on international RMA);
2- It's "almost" the Lobo, and there is plenty of good reviews of it;
3- Price and delivery were pretty good;
4- Style (I really like the looks). It doesn't look much different than a nicotine vape if I need the stealth;
5- No need for mouth adapters to have different experiences.

"Oh, but that's not what you asked". Yep, I know. The TA will do it later on.

Thanks!

While I haven't used one personally, I've been watching this model for a couple years, under the rebrands Utillian and Wolkincraft. I personally feel it's better than literally anything from XMAX, XLUX, Healthy Rips, POTV... the list goes on. Including Weecke themselves.

The simple reason is that it combines features HR and POTV have copied, like magnetic attachments, with something few bother to do- Cleanable and Safe Vapor/Airpath. The very ability to have an isolated airpath that can be fully accessed and cleaned cleaned puts it far above vapes that I love like the V3Pro. Even the new Solo 3 is unsafe in this manner (among other things). Most lack this because vaporizers are an unregulated market and consumer safety is lower priority to vapor production and profit.

If you like it, I believe it will work well and be safer long term than many current offerings. Fenix/Weecke is the parent manufacturer of these brands. You do give up a swappable battery, which is a shame.

I love my ball vape, but for portability and hit's that can rival a ball vape at a fraction of the expense, it's the Nova for me.

Good luck!

Look, I also love the Nova for the on demand vapor it produces, but I can't use mine anymore with good conscience. The company has great CS, and the device is lovingly made with poor materials. But Wood is unsafe for an airpath longterm, and cannot be surely sanitized. Medical devices where you inhale require so many things that a random block of wood with a porous airpath would never satisfy. It's not safe, it can't be properly cleaned if you combust, and wood is used because it's cheap and easy to work with. This is to say nothing of the exterior, which needs to be sanitized the same way as phones or anything else, but can't be.

Some vaporizers are built to standards of 1850s doctors and surgeons, and it's not all about performance. We've come a long way from acrylic vaporpaths and unsafe ovens of 15 years ago, but consumer safety isn't ubiquitous.

Last edited:
maremaresing,
Reactions: beckao

Ford Wenty

This made me do a double take.
Not sure I can agree; I'd like to try to understand your reasoning, can you explain?
Flavor chasers typically vape at lower temps for the terpenes released at those temps. Terp tickle ie minor throat irritation is called terp tickle in reference to the scratchy feeling. If I'm hitting a cartridge vape and get the tickle, I bump the heat and it stops. The reason is those terps are either vaped away or the vapor particles are made smaller by the higher heat and carried past the esophagus bypassing the tickle. The higher temp does not necessarily equal higher inhaled vapor temp being hotter because water pieces, cooling stems, even the path in a nova or jhook keeps the heat from being the main irritant factor. With that said, I love flavor too and often either temp step or do terpy hits during the day because they don't hit me hard and when I need to get smacked, higher temps, fewer hits needed, less flavor/terp tickle.

In my use the higher temp, lower irritation holds true across all devices I use. Lots of info on this elsewhere in this forum. :)

Cheers

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Flavor chasers typically vape at lower temps for the terpenes released at those temps

Will say that in something like the Bowle that doesn't have lowest temp possible as others, people are still blown away by the flavor, and it is possible to take hits at higher temp, completely stop before the taste turns or the extraction deepens, so temp control can be quite relative as well especially with pure convection on demand... And like temp controlled one hit full extractions are still desirable for flavor chasers in my experience

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Flavor chasers typically vape at lower temps for the terpenes released at those temps. Terp tickle ie minor throat irritation is called terp tickle in reference to the scratchy feeling. If I'm hitting a cartridge vape and get the tickle, I bump the heat and it stops. The reason is those terps are either vaped away or the vapor particles are made smaller by the higher heat and carried past the esophagus bypassing the tickle. The higher temp does not necessarily equal higher inhaled vapor temp being hotter because water pieces, cooling stems, even the path in a nova or jhook keeps the heat from being the main irritant factor. With that said, I love flavor too and often either temp step or do terpy hits during the day because they don't hit me hard and when I need to get smacked, higher temps, fewer hits needed, less flavor/terp tickle.

In my use the higher temp, lower irritation holds true across all devices I use. Lots of info on this elsewhere in this forum. :)

Cheers
Thanks for the detail, and I'll search around about terp tickle.
I generally understand your point, though I'm not yet sold.
I guess a throat dr would call it all "irritant".
So, a big distinction for you seems to be considering the temp the vape is set at, as opposed to the temp of the vapor entering the esophogus? I think you assume the latter is always controlled by some additional (beyond immediate vapor path) cooling process like glass or water, and so, assume all variation happens in actual vapor production.
I would try to approach the topic by eliminating the j-hook variable, and simply study vapor vis a vie temperature.

"Across all devices" is way too general for me, and I think @Shit Snacks has addressed that somewhat.

I also think that tossing in "cartridge vape" is a big generalization. For example, a distillate has had terpenes extracted and reintroduced. That alone can wildly affect not only how they taste, but how they vape, not to mention the quantities introduced. I avoid them because they seem give me a rash...but I think that's just me...

Last edited:

beckao

The simple reason is that it combines features HR and POTV have copied, like magnetic attachments, with something few bother to do- Cleanable and Safe Vapor/Airpath. The very ability to have an isolated airpath that can be fully accessed and cleaned cleaned puts it far above vapes that I love like the V3Pro. Even the new Solo 3 is unsafe in this manner (among other things). Most lack this because vaporizers are an unregulated market and consumer safety is lower priority to vapor production and profit.
This.

When I saw the vapor path on it I decided to buy it. I'm not crazy about plastics, but when I used my old Mighty that weird vapor path inside the plastic chamber really pissed me off (despite the nightmare to clean it).

I love my ball vape, but for portability and hit's that can rival a ball vape at a fraction of the expense, it's the Nova for me. Almost every weekend I hit the beach with my Nova for live reggae on the sand. I have a small torch that works great even in the wind, and it gets plenty windy. No batteries to run dead after a handful of sessions, no searching for an outlet or lugging a desktop vape around. Those all have their places, just given the original posters needs, though they might look at something they may not know of. :).

Some people don't like wood path or have sensitivity to wood, most do not, I do not. There are all glass torch powered almost instant hit products from TRWW. They are awesome! The reason not my recommendation is the portability and overall ease of use.

Good luck!

Never heard of it, just like 90% of the stuff I see in this forum. Will check them out. Thanks!

4-Aces King-High

I recommend the HiLiter by REFC Labs with a power supply. For Under $100.
i went through all of the Vapes in my Collection from Ball Vapes,To Venty,Mighty plus ,thermal extractors such as the Stunner,DynaVap,Thermal Accumulator and for around $90-$100 it Rocks producing Clouds,Flavor and Efficiency of Extraction .Added; It is fully adjustable from about 4.9 VOLTS DCfor flavor ,5.1 or more for Clouds.

Last edited:

hillbill

Have almost a year on 2 Air SE vapes from Arizer, can’t recommend more highly

hillbill,
Top Bottom