Biao.t?

MegaMan2k

The real deal are for sure hard to get each week is basically an instant sellout if you can afford the piece.

Whichs ones do you consider the Real deal? Only the heady/colored versions or the clears aswell?
Seems like both versions are available in plenty of places and also on glassgrab if ur willing to buy used.

here is a clear available right now

Therapy

How are these prices so high compared to China?
I understand they use lower quality glass and labour is cheaper over there but the price is more than tenfold.

Therapy,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How are these prices so high compared to China?
I understand they use lower quality glass and labour is cheaper over there but the price is more than tenfold.

The quality of work here is better than most, also the quality of glass is better than most btw, and they offer a lot of colored glass which tends to cost more if done well (they do silver fuming, and pretty complex small recycler designs) above much of DHgate

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The quality of work here is better than most, also the quality of glass is better than most btw, and they offer a lot of colored glass which tends to cost more if done well (they do silver fuming, and pretty complex small recycler designs) above much of DHgate
I may be wrong here, but I believe (:hmm:) @Therapy is referring to the $860 (et al...) TH3YDIDIT recycler rig @MegaMan2k posted above, not Biao.t... ✌️

(Even tho it's really closer to 15-20x more $.... :razz: :rolleyes::brow:)

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

One could start arguing that its due to the quality of the craftmanship, the seals the lips the assembly how straight is everything how perfectly centered it is etc. Details most people probably wouldnt realize existed if they had only ever held china glass in their hands.

But i think it just as much comes down to the fact that this is the price people are willing to pay. As a matter of fact 860 is considered cheap when it comes to "heady glass" xD

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Perhaps the question was more 'rhetorical' in nature... as is this one...? :hmm:

But I do agree, it's amazing what any market can and will bear for "labels".... even if they are little more than "scientific" lookin' "heady" glass ones...(imo :razz:)

MegaMan2k

I def see where ur coming from, Most "clears" go for way less, with a few expections like mothership.
go a few 100s higher and you could get something fully worked, colored etc.

I know THEYDIDIT has a big following so he has probably been able to increase his price over the years too.

But yea its one expensive hobby no other way to put it xD

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
And please, not to be misunderstood, I have absolutely no issues at all with "the law of diminishing returns"... especially when you factor "art" into the equation... We all do as we see fit... :brow: :love: :nod: :peace:

MegaMan2k

I 100% get ur point, for me its mothership, i scratch my head over the 10k+ price tags, for 10k i could literally go pick up 3 or 4 just as high-quality headies from different artists with less hype. Or just get 1 and save the 6-7k "hype money" xD

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I 100% get ur point, for me its mothership, i scratch my head over the 10k+ price tags, for 10k i could literally go pick up 3 or 4 just as high-quality headies from different artists with less hype. Or just get 1 and save the 6-7k "hype money" xD
Awww, it looks like the $15k Mothership 'Exosphere' rig (or whatever it was exactly, I forget, it coulda been $20k...) that was on display at the best local "heady' shop finally sold... next up...? Only a $12k "Collab" GD rig...:o :
:dog:

Last edited:

Jojah17

20210627-154205.jpg

Biao in the middle, generic import glass on left and right. I've got 2 more pieces of dhgate glass and a fab egg by TAG. The custom Biao was ~$150 the other pieces range from about $30-$45. Aside from the fact that the custom is the size of a bazooka- the biggest differences are the thickness of the glass and the quality of all the joints. The Biao is a vastly superior piece of craftsmanship in just about every way compared to the other glass. The function is simple but perfect. The glass is thick and the mouthpiece has a great feel to it. For a generic bubbler I'm all about dhgate/import glass but if you want a custom at a fraction of the cost of American glass then Biao is a great option. It took forever to get here and the packaging was super shoddy but Im still planning on ordering another from him as a backup- it's that good for me.

Top Bottom